MIG-23 UB

On 12/13/2022 at 2:33 AM, Smith132 said:

@cubanace
I write because I downloaded your wonderful Mig-23UB to the DCS and I would like to ask you a favor: I have downloaded one flyable version of Mig-23MLD with the cockpit of the Mig-29 and, if you allow me, I would like to use in it the cockpit created for the Mig-23UB.
Also, as I don't have experience with mods, I don't know exactly how to change the cockpits. Could you tell me how to do it? I thave a try, but the cockpit textures didn't work, only the HUD was visible.
Thank you in advance for your time, and I hope you agree to my request. I only want it for my own use.
I look forward to your reply.
Regards,

Anyone can help me, please?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 3:23 PM, Urbi said:

Hello Smith132!
the mod of the mig-23MLD uses the model of ED. so it is not possible to remove the pilot and the seat without it being visible in the F2. the view from the mentioned cockpit of the mig-29 is outside the area of the cockpit view in the model of the mig-23MLD. the cockpit of the Mig-23UB is a two-seater. this can be inserted into the cockpit of the Mig-23MLD with the configuration of the view view. if you own the Mig-23UB mod you don't need permission from Cubanace to use it for you. you need a lods with the designation "Cockpit_MiG-23MLD" with flying content: model = {
lods = {
{"Cockpit_MiG-23UB.edm",20000.000000},
},

}
look for a cockpit slot from a mod that uses a cockpit of the FC3. rename them as mentioned above, open them with the editor and enter the upper lines of the UB.
Line 4 of Views.lua should contain the following:
CockpitLocalPoint = {3.97, 0.381, 0.0},
If you are not satisfied, simply undo it.

She still flies. Video by Eric Johnston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_ujVX4a-0

Thanks for the help, Urbi! 🙂

On 12/23/2022 at 3:23 PM, Urbi said:

Hello Smith132!
the mod of the mig-23MLD uses the model of ED. so it is not possible to remove the pilot and the seat without it being visible in the F2. the view from the mentioned cockpit of the mig-29 is outside the area of the cockpit view in the model of the mig-23MLD. the cockpit of the Mig-23UB is a two-seater. this can be inserted into the cockpit of the Mig-23MLD with the configuration of the view view. if you own the Mig-23UB mod you don't need permission from Cubanace to use it for you. you need a lods with the designation "Cockpit_MiG-23MLD" with flying content: model = {
lods = {
{"Cockpit_MiG-23UB.edm",20000.000000},
},

}
look for a cockpit slot from a mod that uses a cockpit of the FC3. rename them as mentioned above, open them with the editor and enter the upper lines of the UB.
Line 4 of Views.lua should contain the following:
CockpitLocalPoint = {3.97, 0.381, 0.0},
If you are not satisfied, simply undo it.

She still flies. Video by Eric Johnston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW_ujVX4a-0

Urbi, I did what you told me, but the result was this. What could I have done wrong?

cockpit.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, Pombo5354 said:

I would like to know where I should go to download the Mig-23 mod. 

This is a 4-year old Mod, I doubt that it would be able to run on the current DCS. Here is a link to my archive copy of this Mod, in case you want to try it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26ifJwxaU_KpxG4CDnlQ?e=D4ITnC

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...
В 09.05.2023 в 22:26, kolpakov_79 сказал:

The mod works great. The files are being read. There is no development, thanks to the blue coalition.

On MT client DCS - not working. 

YouTube - WaffenCatLive

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 | ASrock Fatal1ty K4 gaming x470 | SSD m.2 Samsung 970 EVO | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (4.3Ghz) | RAM 32G ddr4 ballistix Sport (3200MHz) | Super JetStream GeForce RTX2080 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For all those that are wondering. It does work on the newest version of beta. However, it freezes the game when going to the loadout screen in the editor. You can however, arm the plane and choose the livery when you start the game and play like normal. So can't really use for AI, but you can play as it. 

13 hours ago, Urbi said:

... here is a new one that works with the MT from ED.

Thanks a lot for the update, can confirm it seems to work well on DCS MT, however I will most likely employ it just as an AI asset, as its clickable cockpit is very primitive.

gYj8dg4.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

I have deleted several textures from zip archive that cause problems in 2.9 and there also some changes with shapes as I could remember now, it took some time to figure out where is the problem and solve them. Purpose of my actions - it's to save your time and offer "ready to go" solution instead of posting the instruction what you need to delete,  remove, rename, copy/paste and add.

Edited by Glen36
  • Like 5

В 04.12.2023 в 14:54, Urbi сказал:

hello Glen36! what is the purpose of your actions? In the download you offered, entry.lua was the only one that was changed. You only needed to paste this here instead of offering the entire mod for download. Then the download is out of date. The download from me 4 posts higher from August 31 st is complete and updated with all liveries. Errors with the textures have been fixed. updated on December 1st, 2023

I have checked this version again - and it works fine for me now. So I think it was some kind of floating bug of my DCS assembly. Sorry for false alarm.

A minor bug... or feature.  When taking off the wings instantly shift from forward swept to skipping a few degrees to then start sweeping backward smoothly.  Same when landing, the wings go from smoothly swinging forward to then instantly snapping forward skipping a few degrees.  Does this have to do with the wing animation or something else?  Thanks again for fixing it and making the cockpit bearable, it's a joy to fly around the Nevada Map pretending to be part of the the 4477th TES.

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

The other way around, the wing sweeps from 16 to about 60ish smoothly and then instantly to 72 when coming in to land or decreasing speed.  When taking off the wing goes from 72 to 60ish instantly and then goes smooth back to 16 once speed builds up, which is very quickly, but I can handle that 🙂

Edited by Geschirre

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg