MIG-23 UB

A great one, many thanks !

Is there a way to get the cyrillic HUD and russian warnings (asking for your other mods too) ?

First thing you need to fix is the wing sweep - sweeps not under 30 degrees, bad for a good landing - need 16 degrees, flaps/slats are not working above 16 degrees normally (in real)...

Vertical speed indicator shows up only (not down). Sadly i had some explosions on the runway, my 3rd landing attempt worked. And there is the nosewheel-problem again - it sinks into the ground.

BUT, it´s a very nice mod, carry on and make some more for us !

Thank´s again !

A great one, many thanks !

Is there a way to get the cyrillic HUD and russian warnings (asking for your other mods too) ?

First thing you need to fix is the wing sweep - sweeps not under 30 degrees, bad for a good landing - need 16 degrees, flaps/slats are not working above 16 degrees normally (in real)...

Vertical speed indicator shows up only (not down). Sadly i had some explosions on the runway, my 3rd landing attempt worked. And there is the nosewheel-problem again - it sinks into the ground.

BUT, it´s a very nice mod, carry on and make some more for us !

Thank´s again !

You on open beta or stable?

Edited by cubanace

What I found (in VR)

- The right side instruments panel should be moved right, to align the end of the front-right cockpit instruments, there is a gap between the right instruments panel and the fuselage

- The HUD looks ok in VR

- The flaps are working ok when the wings are at 16 degrees

- No problem with takeof and landing, I did it from the first try

- Wing lights and landing front light ok

- HSI not working, ADI is ok, the VSI is working but is not aligned with the ADI

- Landing and flaps warning lights are not working

- The mirrors view is rotated 90 degress right and left

- The wing only sweep 16 and 45 degrees, in the cockpit the indicator is marking correctly 72 degrees due the speed, but the wings are only 45 visual

- Lack the smooth animation for the wings sweep movement

- The parachute is working but not visible, is only visible when you release it

- The R-60M worked ok

- If it's possible move the POV of the pilot slightly to front, it's too far from the joystick in VR perspective

Edited by JunMcKill

You on open beta or stable?

Hello, CubanAce.

I too have experienced all (more or less) those 'issues' reported in the previous posts in the two version both.

This apart, your mod is a charm to be flied, I'm having good feelings only from it and great fun. Its FM is sincere and sometimes forgiving some bad mistakes also to inexperienced pilots (I'm among them, I'm afraid). Maybe one just should better pay most attention and care at takeoffs (not too much climb, 2-3° will be enough) and landings too (not too much flaring ), I guess.

Flaps at landing position wouldn't help however.

That's all at this moment.

With best compliments again and regards.

Hi Cubanace

Nice plane to fly. Only on my own and not multiplayer. The landing gear land flaps lighting is not working. With the mirrors, it would be nice to have them on or off. The static view in the mirrors isn't worth anything.

By the way, how do i select back seat in multiplayer??

Cheers

Update

Upcoming next update...

#1 Cockpit sweep wing angle guage has been fixed,now displays at real time sweep wing position correctly.

#2 FM also been updated from facts of the flight manual, depending on sweep angle your AOA is limited.

Sweep wing angle of 16 degrees is now limited up to 4.5 gs,sweep wing angle of 45 degrees is now limited up to 6 gs and a sweep angle of 72 degrees is now limited up to 7 gs.

That's clean load out as said in the flight manual and with external load out its less.

#3 Also working on pilot Gforces

Should black out at around 7 gs due to poor gsuit.

#4 Nose wheel landing light correctly positioned as found on the technical data manual.

:thumbup:

Go straight, dear mate, that's the way to do things.

Just can't await to fly it again with a full working HSI also. It won't be bad. :smilewink:

With best wishes and regards.

Edited by JagHond

Traced the Lienien after the original and added a few maintenance labels. I think that would be enough for this model. I'll clean up and publish the paintkit on Sunday.screen_190525_182142qdkvk.png

screen_190525_1824159zkmf.png

screen_190525_215542h4jdn.png

screen_190525_231000s9k40.png

screen_190525_23091299j07.png

screen_190525_2308327kkih.png

In the download the new changes

downlod : https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzo31crsr66qx4x/MiG-2.rar?dl=0

outstanding work!!,another cuban skin for the collection thanks for your hard work.

Here is the next Update enjoy

Special thanks to urbi for the new skins.

Corrected cockpit Sweep wing guage indicator

Corrected external animation of sweep wing According to cockpit sweepwing position

nose gear landing spot light correctly positioned.

FM reworked depending on sweep angle and speed.

Keep in mind these things are WIP.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_25_2019_8_44_58_PM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_25_2019_8_45_30_PM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_25_2019_8_46_09_PM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_25_2019_8_46_40_PM.png

And my custom made CubanSkin not realistic by any means,there is a full blue real color one in the cuban airforce ,only found in the UB.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_25_2019_8_47_23_PM.png

Download link

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2609606/

Enjoy:CubanAce.

Edited by cubanace

Hello cubanace!

In the Cuban paint the color is blue too bright. One should always remember when creating the texture that the picture was taken on a photo under different light influences. So I'm looking at several photos to get the brightness reasonably. Even with my paint job. Both paints bore the number 704. Their colors remained with the transfer by the former USSR, afterwards the UB was repainted with the clothish camouflage paint. I have displayed some errors in the following pictures. The maked surfaces on the tailplane in 3d model. The fender you modeled front consisted of two, one for each wheel. (Just seen, well corrected) The texture would have to be assigned in the nag.png. The fender would have been associated with an Args number, then it could be changed with an entry in the description.lua and thus switch off. The model has no brake parachute. At least this is not animated in ModelViewer. The texture of the fuselage tip can not be changed, it is only the nossel.png although other textures are intended for replacement (noszel.png, nosbel.png, nosblack.png). Also by an entry in the description.lua by entry false or by entry of the other nos ... assignments yields no success. When operating the flaps with attached additional tanks under the wings cut these indie rudder surfaces. This looks very ugly. The flaps should therefore only go up to the top of the additional tanks. Or you can change the length of the Pilon receiver. Good luck with the realization of a realistic Mig-23UB. Urbi

screen_190526_193607uqkdb.png

screen_190526_193629kejpm.png

screen_190526_193800b4j7v.png

leitwerkfehler94kp3.png

radmig-23ubpok0j.png

parachutemig-23z8kpl.png

Redownload the mod it has been updated, I can tell your using old version by the type of nose guard.

Ok, test I did and updated my previous post

- The right side instruments panel should be moved right, to align the end of the front-right cockpit instruments, there is a gap between the right instruments panel and the fuselage

- The wings are working ok and the sweep animation is smooth

- HSI not working yet, ADI is ok, the VSI is working but is not aligned with the ADI

- Landing and flaps warning lights are not working

- The mirrors view are rotated 90 degress right and left

- The wing sweep indicator sometimes stuck at 30 degrees, sometimes works ok, I have to tests in what conditions is getting stuck

- The parachute is working but not visible, is only visible when you release it

- The AI pilot doesn't know how to dogfight, it defended ok using flares, but never engaged the enemy with his own AA missiles

- The ECM and IRCM are showing in the HUD

- The cockpit instruments lights are too bright

any chance to align the camo patterns on the soviet/russian skin a bit better? there are same hard cuts from green to brown etc, no smooth transitions from fuselage to tail for example. . . and please can be fixed that the nose wheel is not touching ground when the mig23ub is static object? thanks a lot, really looking forward to your amazing mod!

Backseat is available for multiplayer, however, it doesn't work. Once someone who is supposed to sit on the backseat clicks "Briefing" and then "Fly" it crashes. So for now, it has mutlicrew but it doesn't at the same time. How to use it (in the future), really simple. You take the plane, then wait for your friend to join you, he takes 2nd slot (which is backseat), you accept his request and that's it, like in every other module. If you want you can checkout the backseat in singleplayer, by pressing "Lshift + 2" once you're in the simulation.