MIG-23 UB

Wasn't the 23UB capable of carrying the R-13M1?

From whatever weapons were discussed from our SME, (foxbat155) no.

nice one ... but why is the texture/shader or whatever so disturbed? Is´nt it to much? Or is it just a not so good screenshot?

Some effects were used to exaggerate the looks of it. :)

hi guys, thank you for sharing your work and progress. please keep in mind, there is no visible / colored radar nose cone visible at the UB.

Which skins? The liveries are somewhat WIP, so the "seam clipping" (what I call it) with texturing separating with the colors is still an issue being worked on.

Mini-update

Just a small, textual update: the majority of the cockpit work has been now completed. The vapor cone and wing flex have also now been implemented into the mod.

The choice has been made to go with an automatic wing sweep system (even though this is against the accuracy) because of issues halting with how input commands would be set up for it. In order to accomplish that, we would need to code our own systems.

Unfortunately, we just don't have the time for that much dedication as it is right now. :(

The push is still for May 15th, and a lot of work is being done on this last stretch of a month to make sure as much work can be put in effort wise.

My schedule is fairly busy because of personal reasons, so this month will be the biggest dedication to the mod.

We're excited to give you what we're proud of working on for a couple of months now. :)

- Sirius

ca3.JPG

mig-23_01dqkfl.jpg

mig-23_02uej7y.jpg

Hello Sirius!

I see in the pictures on the surfaces a very rough structure.

I think this is created by the created bump map with Adobe Photoshop. Unfortunately, you can not lower the relief in Adobe Photoshop. This is possible with Gimp. Under Filter, Map, Dump Map. See pictures. I only used the lines for the bump map and this bump map dan only for the RoughMet. For the RoughMet attached the PSD file for the Mig-23

download :https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr2z5tdthz35n7e/Mig-23.rar?dl=0

Nice work! We are likely going to redo with the normal map and specularity. Needs more rivets. :)

[...] Even your model has this smooth surface. Grooves and rivets are not modded in the model. This is exactly what the effect can manipulate with the RoughMet or better with the bump map. Look at the Su-17 in the simulator, then you'll understand what I mean.

We do have a RoughMet map, and so far liveries are still a WIP state of being coded in. We will be switching to the RoughMet version instead of the normal map. :) We also are looking into re-doing the UV maps of the 3D model in order to simplify having to do texturing. If this does happen, we will be releasing the template.