Damage model ok? AAA to the face did nothing...

Nealius

I'm sorry but what is this picture supposed to show and how would it help anybody to evaluate the DM based on that. Have you even been hit? A track or tacview would have been more heplful.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Yeah. I dunno. Ive been shot down by everything from small arms to sa10s...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That being said ive taken 105mm apds shot to a gzelle before (in the post brief) with no ill effect.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Also worth noting that since the past few versions the tracer fire comes at you at an strange angle, the screenshot shows it nicely there.

So currently tracers don't indicate actual bullet paths? A couple of those tracers when straight through the cockpit on my run.

So currently tracers don't indicate actual bullet paths? A couple of those tracers when straight through the cockpit on my run.

Well now you have a cool war story. "No shit, there I was...." ;)

You are sure you had not activated "invulnerability", accidentally? ...or it is enforced in the mission?

I had this myself a while ago, when I had enforced invulnerability for testing some engagement range and lighting situation during mission creation and forgot to reset it... first I thought "Good God, what a sturdy jet the F-18C is, until I realized there was just too much hits to go undamaged. Then it dawned on me, that I still had my plane set to invulnerable. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You are sure you had not activated "invulnerability", accidentally? ...or it is enforced in the mission?

I had this myself a while ago, when I had enforced invulnerability for testing some engagement range and lighting situation during mission creation and forgot to reset it... first I thought "Good God, what a sturdy jet the F-18C is, until I realized there was just too much hits to go undamaged. Then it dawned on me, that I still had my plane set to invulnerable. ;)

This exact thing happened to me vs some SA-19s. I'm all like ”wow, these SA-19 missiles must be pretty small, that was a loud thump" took a AAA round or 2 also. Got back to the ship and looked around. Haha, not a scratch. "It was at that moment, that I knew..."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

No. A few days before, I flew the same mission in the Hornet and got peppered with ground fire all across my intakes and left flaperon. I never touched the settings between these two flights.

Ive had igla hit near me and not kill me before, but the second one did. Or the shilka.

I've had an SA-8 hit and kill the pilot --me :( --, blew a wing off, and generally made for a bad day.

If you want to know if AAA fire is doing damage, simply put a Shilka down in a mission and fly a few circles around it at low level and see what happens. I don't see why everyone is trying to guess.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yeah, AAA is killing me regularly so its non issue IMO. I've had a few close calls, and maybe it was a bug, maybe I was lucky.

Something is still strange with ground fire. An SA-2 will kill me no problem, but I can get peppered by tank machine guns, hear the impacts all over my airframe, yet there's no visible damage on my jet. No warning lights either. Seemingly no damage (was still able to fly 60nm and do a TACAN CASE III with no problem).

I dunno, maybe they didn't hit anything critical.