In the market for a Top end Hotas.

I combined a Virpil T-50 base with a 10cm extension and a TM Warthog grip - It's a really nice combo. You can buy the grip for 96€ from Thrustmaster :-)

The Virpil base is much better than the original warthog. Highly customizible and the thing I really like - No center resistance, which translates to extremly accurate movements around the center. The build quality is several leagues higher than TM's...

bdcee95d5bf2aa916d528687dec08da7.jpg

I would like you provide some info on your MFD DIY mounts. I currently have them bolted to a L-bracket made of aluminiun.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Be aware the next Virpil restock is coming very soon , and they will sell-out very quickly .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Looking at your post above and all of the photos of grooves in the Bearing plate. I agree.You are Bang on! It's an engineering problem fixed with a bit of grease.

But your wording is not correct in engineering terms. But you or they gave a perfectly good fix that should outlast you.

It's not a bearing problem. I manufacture bearings for a living I've left my reply in the above link.

It won't put me off buying one....... Bit of a shame I'll need to open it up!

Edited by Alligin

I would like you provide some info on your MFD DIY mounts. I currently have them bolted to a L-bracket made of aluminiun.
I use RAM-mounts to connect them to my Virpil desk mount- Fully adjustble and you can remove them without tools in 3 seconds :-)

The MFD's are mounted on standard steel-plate from my local carpenter's store. Bolted together with size-B RAM's. I plan to give the metal plates a touch of black spray paint...

4 x https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-202U

2 x https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-201U-A

5c0fbe6be6945037a375a0e5e4e1ee00.jpg75f8d6de4e4c56e6dd3e5fcbd8dca5d4.jpg9797bc4c51f03378ebf945c451ebbc1f.jpg

Edited by oskich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you got a link where I can buy the thrustmaster grip separately? On the TM site they only show grip/stick and base. I don't want the base.

Unfortunately they dont do the T-50 base anymore. If I go with Virpil I'll have to go with WarBRD base. And I believe the WarBRD base doesn't have the adjustable screws for sensitivity. Why did they discontinue the T-50? :-(

Just contact Thrustmaster support via email - They sell spare grips for 110 USD incl. shipping...
Edited by oskich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, the TM grip is quite nice, but the internals pretty much have nothing compared to the VKB or Virpil. Even if you re-grease and sand the plastic, it will never be as smooth or as adjustable as the other two. I kept my grip, mounted it on a VKB gunfighter base, and am very happy. The TM throttle is fine as long as you replace the slew. There is a slew upgrade thread in the forums, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Can't speak to the Virpil or VKB throttles, although I know one of them puts the slew under the thumb on the side which I would find weird. My .02

Yeah, the TM grip is quite nice, but the internals pretty much have nothing compared to the VKB or Virpil. Even if you re-grease and sand the plastic, it will never be as smooth or as adjustable as the other two. I kept my grip, mounted it on a VKB gunfighter base, and am very happy. The TM throttle is fine as long as you replace the slew. There is a slew upgrade thread in the forums, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Can't speak to the Virpil or VKB throttles, although I know one of them puts the slew under the thumb on the side which I would find weird. My .02

VKB has not released a throttle yet.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I'm using both Warbrd and t-50 in a left/right setup.

Main differences between the t50 and Warbrd is the latter has a wider arc of movement.

About 20-22° vs the t-50 15°.

The end result is the Warbrd has similar range of motion without extensions as my t-50 has with a 7cm extension.

And the t-50 has a pre tensionig system for the springs, but I find myself missing that a lot less than I first expected to.

The warbrd was also a lot less cramped when it came to switching cams and instead of severely fragile Phillips head screw on the cams, that for a lot of people, myself included shredded when I tried to switch them.

The Warbrd instead uses an 8mm socket bolt and nut.

Personally I would not consider the Warbrd as a down grade to the t-50 at all.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Important notice that this 50mm restriction is when using VPC deskmount.

Lol yeah they keep moving the goalposts on this restriction.

From the Virpil Website (currently) regarding WarBRD:

While it is possible to use extensions on the VPC WarBRD base, it is primarily designed for non-extended use. Due to the large deflection angle it is possible that you may encounter clearance issues between the grip and the VPC Desk Mount. During certain maneuvers it could be possible to damage your grip by hitting the desk mount. The included cams and springs are also tailored for non-extended setups.

Using any extensions on the VPC WarBRD is at the user's responsibility. Any damages caused to VPC devices (grips) by using an extension on the VPC WarBRD base will not be covered under warranty. There is no concern to the VPC WarBRD itself when using extensions.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use RAM-mounts to connect them to my Virpil desk mount- Fully adjustble and you can remove them without tools in 3 seconds :-)

The MFD's are mounted on standard steel-plate from my local carpenter's store. Bolted together with size-B RAM's. I plan to give the metal plates a touch of black spray paint...

4 x https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-202U

2 x https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-201U-A

5c0fbe6be6945037a375a0e5e4e1ee00.jpg75f8d6de4e4c56e6dd3e5fcbd8dca5d4.jpg9797bc4c51f03378ebf945c451ebbc1f.jpg

Thank you! I see they have offices on UK and Europe.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

No I have force sensing already I want to move away from it as it makes helicopters un-flyable.

I'm not sure wether you have read what I wrote. I just say it again: "If you like to fly modern jets, you may consider having a look at this: http://realsimulator.com/html/fssb_r3_lighting.html smile.gif, It's a force sensing stick, like the one in the F-16"

Now what does that have to do with helicopters? :huh:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I combined a Virpil T-50 base with a 10cm extension and a TM Warthog grip - It's a really nice combo. You can buy the grip for 96€ from Thrustmaster :-)

The Virpil base is much better than the original warthog. Highly customizible and the thing I really like - No center resistance, which translates to extremly accurate movements around the center. The build quality is several leagues higher than TM's...

bdcee95d5bf2aa916d528687dec08da7.jpg[/quote

where do you buy a T-50 base ? they are all but available anywhere

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Thank you! I see they have offices on UK and Europe.
Yes, I bought mine at the local hardware store "Clas Ohlson" here in Sweden. It's a really nice system - Been using it for 15 years in my boat :-)
Edited by oskich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is the WARBRD base from Virpil compatible with a Warthog stick and its extensions ?

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

T-50 base is discontinued.

Don B

guess Ill go to the WARBRD base if its compatible with my stuff (Cougars and warthogs)

bdcee95d5bf2aa916d528687dec08da7.jpg[/quote

It's out of production - They only sell the WarBRD-base nowdays...

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-warbrd-base.html

Edited by oskich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is the WARBRD base from Virpil compatible with a Warthog stick and its extensions ?

Yes, it has all the same connectors. Plug it in, screw it on and you're good to go. All you have to do is update the base profile in the VPC software.

As mentioned above it has more throw than the original WH base, so if your space is confined you might have clearance issues. I had to go from a 12cm down to a 10cm extension with my Monstertech mounts.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I bought mine from another ED forum user last November.

Yes, it has all the same connectors. Plug it in, screw it on and you're good to go. All you have to do is update the base profile in the VPC software.

As mentioned above it has more throw than the original WH base, so if your space is confined you might have clearance issues. I had to go from a 12cm down to a 10cm extension with my Monstertech mounts.

Do you have standard or the long version of monstertech mounts?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

A lot more throw ?

My Warthog is mounted in my home cockpit in between my legs , with a 10cm extension.

AFT and FWD I see no issue, but my hand almost already presses against my right tigh when going RIGHT.

is there any offical angle/throw data for the WARBRD base ?

also. is the Warthog stick recognized with the same numbers of buttons and hats in the end ?

Do you have standard or the long version of monstertech mounts?

Standard. The longer ones wouldn't really help though I think because if the base is further down I'd get problems with the top of the stick or my fingers. Now the closest point to the mount is the paddle switch. See picture below.

Edit: I've just seen that the long version also seems to have a longer mounting profile for the base plate. So this could mitigate the issue I guess.

A lot more throw ?

With the 10cm extension the top of the stick moves about 12cm to each side from the middle position. Distance base to top is around 33cm so this would result in an angle of about 21°. My measurements were a bit crude but it corresponds with what post #35 in this thread says, so it shouldn't be too far off. No idea how this compares to the WH base as I've given mine away as soon as the Warbrd arrived. I only know that it's more. ;)

With this setup I get about 3mm of space between the paddle switch and the mount. I could get more distance if I would mount the baseplate a bit further away from the vertical spar of the desk mount but this works fine for me as is.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203877&stc=1&d=1549327160

also. is the Warthog stick recognized with the same numbers of buttons and hats in the end ?

Yes, you get all the same functions that you have with the original base.

IMG_0614(1).thumb.jpg.2ab132e7ef8af8f98138868b25c812fe.jpg

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds