SATAL 2019

M0ltar

Don't remember that either. However, in any real world competition the wining team just gets the point. For e.g. if you play a game of cricket or rugby or whatever the winner gets the point and no touchdowns or runs are awarded to to the team because they didn't get any.

In football a forfeit is rewarded as a 3-0 loss +/- exit from the competition. SATAL is modelled on the Premier League with promotion/relegation and similar points for wins/losses/draws etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

In football a forfeit is rewarded as a 3-0 loss +/- exit from the competition. SATAL is modelled on the Premier League with promotion/relegation and similar points for wins/losses/draws etc.

In football there is no KillRatio. Just remove that column then. :smilewink: ...and give us ball instead missiles.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

In football there is no KillRatio. Just remove that column then. :smilewink: ...and give us ball instead missiles.

Problem here is that because matches differ in length (2 or 3 rounds), a "good" team winning all matches clean with 2-0 each match will fly less rounds, potentially killing fewer, than a team going through the tournament 2-1 every match with 15+ kills every time.

The only logical tie breaker is the K/D. Awarding just points is therefore better for the team not showing up than to loose the match.

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Hello , as a professional Paintball player for many years , The best of the best Source for Writing the " Rules " on " SATAL " is the rules of paintball Sport, because the except of the rules of winners like football 3/0 , the most important thing in this sport is the shooting and killing the each other and exactly like SATAL when you will be the winner that can kill all the players of the other side , there is kills K/D ratio and Player Rank ( about their kills and etc ) and anything that you need to re edit the rules of SATAL . THS IS A GREAT & VERY COMPLETE SOURCE for helping the rules in the SATAL.

Check this out : rules book of NXL Paintball.

https://www.nxlpaintball.com/us-rulebook-xball

The rules and format of the Paintball Sport is most and more closest to our format and our work and what we doing in the air and we want for developing our rules .

Best Regards,

Edited by -= IRIAF =- HawK.1

In football your goals for and against are you K/D and that is why this is being treated as such.

Agree, there is no problem. K/D you can continue to use on that way (including penalty deaths). But in K/R calculations exclude penalty deaths. Because in football they use goal difference (8-3=5 (+5)) not "goal ratio" (8/3=2.66).

For tie breaker you can use K/D difference. For example:

TEAM A

Match1, rnd1: 4-3

Match1, rnd2: 4-0

Stats: K/D: 8-3 (+5); K/R: 2.66

Match2, rnd1: 4-0

Match2, rnd2: 3-4

Match2, rnd3: 4-3

....11-7

Stats: K/D: 19-10 (+9); K/R: 1.9

TEAM B

Match1, rnd1: 4-3

Match1, rnd2: 4-0

Stats: K/D: 8-3 (+5); K/R: 2.66

Match2, loss forefeit: 0-4

Stats: K/D: 8-7 (+1); K/R: 2.66

Also every team (GOLD in this example) have a chance to achieve max/best 8-0 in every match. So forefeit can be loss by 8-0 good enough and fair. In this case TEAM B will have Stats: K/D: 8-11 (-3); K/R: 2.66 ...TEAM B is in trouble even they are good pilots and have good K/R.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

And there have been how many forfeits? It seems to me like we're steering too much attention to the void..

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

First off there have been, I believe, 2 forfeits. We do NOT award full points for a forfeit much like how in football 3 goals are typically awarded for the winning side. I am trying to make this as fair as possible. Its not perfect and we are learning as we go. We realize we miss rules and we add them.

Second, I need all team representatives to post a message on the S1G Discord so that I can add a role to your user. This will allow for quick and easy contact for event issues and future content.

https://discord.gg/yFKuzhK

Still need people to send me a message on the Splash One Gaming Discord. It is very important that you send me a message on this Discord so that I can add a role to your user. This makes it very easy for me to get in contact with you should we need to reach out to teams or participants.

This weekends matches are cancelled and will be rescheduled to the end of the season due to the INS bug that currently exists with the Hornet. We have tried several workarounds and I have been in contact with ED to try and get it resolved, but nothing can been done in such a short time. I will post updated schedules for these matches today. Please anticipate that these matches will be flown at the end of the season before the tournament. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We were hoping that this OB update wold correct the INS issue with the Hornet, but it has not. Also, due to the massive size of the update that would be required to revert to standard that is also not a possibility.

See you guys next weekend, June 22!

It's really annoying that one model can ruin the whole experience... Shame.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

104th Is planning on still flying at 1700z, assuming UVAF has no issues with their being no hornets in play. S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Official Texture pack:

http://community.104thphoenix.com/topic/1221-104th-official-texture-pack/

Un-Official Roughmet Texture Pack:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Livery Creation Discord Group Invite-

https://discord.gg/bqAq2zx

First off there have been, I believe, 2 forfeits. We do NOT award full points for a forfeit much like how in football 3 goals are typically awarded for the winning side. I am trying to make this as fair as possible. Its not perfect and we are learning as we go. We realize we miss rules and we add them.

Second, I need all team representatives to post a message on the S1G Discord so that I can add a role to your user. This will allow for quick and easy contact for event issues and future content.

sorry we can't use discord because of The Great net Wall in china. so could you please post the message of SATAL on this forum?

or we could connect each other on TS. our TS is 180.167.175.114.

And ,the TS of 64th is down now.

by CNF101

Hi 101, I'm not sure if it was you with whom I had the chat in Discord a couple of hours ago but just in case to confirm here one more time - our team relies on the Hornet quiet a lot and the guys are not happy to switch the airframe. We're standing by for the new schedule.

=RvE=

Hi 101, I'm not sure if it was you with whom I had the chat in Discord a couple of hours ago but just in case to confirm here one more time - our team relies on the Hornet quiet a lot and the guys are not happy to switch the airframe. We're standing by for the new schedule.

Hi Tito, it was me contacted you on discord. As you know very few people can get over the great wall from china, 101 asked me to find you as he had not seen your reply. :)

Who is the main judge, referee, organizer of the SATAL tournament now? Because I do not agree with the last decision.

http://www.ukrfalcons.com

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic3246_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Сквад UVAF проводит набор пилотов на Су-27/МиГ-29/F-15.

По всем вопросам обращаться в: http://www.ukrfalcons.com

From here on out we will be utilizing a community decision making process committee or referee system where the community or teams using this committee decides the outcomes of refereeing decisions or rulings. This committee style of refereeing will be used for all future events. This is being put in place so that unbiased and community decisions can be made and that teams having rulings passed on them do not feel targeted or unfairly judged. Each person that is a SATAL Representative will be given a single vote per issue to use to vote on possible outcomes for issues that are put forward. I will be, for now, the sole party putting issues forward. If a team has an issue that issue needs to come to me to be put forward to the committee.

The day an issue is put forward I will schedule a meeting for any SATAL Team Representative can attend. Attendance is not mandatory, but it will allow for each member to discuss their stance on the issue and voice their position and opinions to others. The discussion at this meeting will be done in an organized fashion and no negativity or poor attitudes will be tolerated. We are adults and we should behave as such. All meetings will be held the day of, in most cases Saturday, at 2000z.

We will be using reactions in order to cast these votes. For everyone that has the SATAL Team Representative role you will notice a new channel called satal-referee where these decisions will be made. An example of reaction use can be seen on the next post attached to a example issue and vote. Numbers will be used to represent each possible selection. For instance if you react with the reaction of the number '1' you will be casting your vote for the choice associated with '1'. If you react with a 2 you would be voting for the '2' choice and so on. Each member is only allowed a single vote. In the event of a tie and only in the

event of a tie, my vote will be worth 2 in order to mitigate stalls.

Because this is a hobby and not something any of us do professionally, attendance at the meeting or voting on each issue is not required. If you do wish to cast a vote you have 24 hours to do so from the time the issue post is made in the satal-referee channel. If you do NOT vote it will simply be seen as you being impartial and being OK with any outcome. Each member is allowed to vote on each issue no matter if their team/squadron is in question or not. Trying to bribe or sway others using under handed methods will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate removal from the committee and possibly the event.

If you have any questions please let me know. I am working hard to make SATAL and other DCS World Events better and have already added a couple people to the DCS World Events team. If you yourself think you would make a good fit on the DCS World Events team or simply have a suggestion please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Sorry 104th and 64th Aggressors, but you're my guinea pigs. This example means nothing and anyone, including non-SATAL Team Reps can vote on it. This will not be the case for future issues.

Edited by M0ltar