Refueling probe light

TonyG

You have to have your external lights on for it to work it seems. But it also doesn’t seem very bright. Specially in very dark moonless nights it really doesn’t seem adiquate. Most of he baskets should be lit as well too which would help.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, bad_turbulence said:

do you still notice this or do you believe it has been fixed?

With external lights toggled on (switch on port side of throttle), with the fuel probe extended, the basket is still illuminated - yes.  Disable external lights, switch on port side of throttle - basket illumination ceases.  Has worked the same for the better part of a year at least (possibly since initial release).

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

On 1/12/2021 at 12:38 PM, bad_turbulence said:

do you still notice this or do you believe it has been fixed?

For me it was an issue with my install.  Repairing didn't help, I needed to do a full wipe and reinstall.  But that was a long time ago.