razorseal

What to get with the sale...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What to get with the sale...

• Mig21
    • M2000

Help me out guys!

Sale time means new aircraft for me.

I've been eyeing the Mig-21 and the M2000...

Help me decide!!!!

if you ask, what I'm looking for? Well... something fun to fly! lol I do all sorts of missions and enjoy both eras, really just looking for something fun. I've heard the M2000 is still not complete (like no TWS and RAZBAM sorta gave up on it) so that deters me, but that's just what I read on youtube comments and here etc.

I remember Mig21 as one of the 1st third party planes to DCS, so it might be bit aged and not upto par?

Mig19 would be fun too, but that's not here yet, plus I'll be waiting for a 50% on that one which I think will be a while.

I own and love the vodka rocket ....

Ha, love it! ;)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been really happy with the Mirage. It may not be complete but it does almost everything for most missions. The included campaign is awesome as well, really helps teach the rest of the systems. It is more analog than the Hornet but not as much as the F5. I really enjoy flying it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A vote for the M2000C and a clarification.

The M2000C does have TWS mode, but since it’s only Fox1 capable it needs STT to engage BVR. What you’re thinking of is the ground radar. RAZBAM is waiting for ED to implement ground radar in the Hornet, then planning to port the tech to the M2000. So they’re not “giving up” on the module. I think it’s a lot of fun to fly.

I like the MiG but the Mirage is more versatile and a really nice aircraft to fly. Both aircraft are receiving an update, the larger one for the Mirage I believe. Of course both are well worth the sale price if you can stretch to it, but atm I find the Mirage my 2nd goto after the F/A-18. If the Mirage had the ability to lase targets it would great. I`d buy the two-seater D version w/o question if released.

Edited by Zoomer

I'm gonna be honest... I'm not too good with planes that are unforgiving (no FBW etc). I don't currently have rudders, and the twist joystick thing doesn't work too well, so I stall these planes often. I love the WWII stuff, but I'm so horrible with them for 2 reasons

1. my track IR stops tracking when I look directly up (I had the headset accessory which broke twice, so I don't wanna get it again)

2. No rudder so there are some movements that is not easy for me to do. I need to get a rudder before I get in to F14 lol.

That being said, I love challenging older planes, which is why I'm leaning towards the Mig, but I do know that the M2 will be easier to fly for me, which will be rewarding. I also prefer turn and burn vs boom and zoom, and I know that the mig is not a turn and burn plane, but the M2 is (correct me if I'm wrong)

I recommend the Mirage.

It's modern enough to have Fox1 missiles, synthetic runway on the HUD, a decent radar with IFF, etc. But old enough not to have a complex clutter of systems and menus.

It's powerful but not confusing.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

Pretty bummed, I have 26 bucks in bonus points. Just realized it doesn't work as I thought (bonus points to use at my discretion)... Apparently I can only apply 30% to cost of module, and only on non sale products... Considering I now just wait to buy modules when they go on sale, I have 26 bucks of bonus points I'll never use...

I was going to say screw it and buy both. Now I really have to choose. BUMMER lol

leaning towards M2 btw. There seems to be a midlife upgrade coming to it.

I'd have to sway more towards the 21. I have both aircraft, and they're both jolly good. It depends whether you want to fly a plane fighting to keep you alive, or fight with a plane trying to fly you to your death.

(that's a bit of an exaggeration, but wait until your first landing ;) )

totally different eras of aviation.

if you like old cold war aircraft from a 1950ss vintage design with a more modern 1970s production version of said design, go Mig21, if you want a 4th generation fighter with FBW system and overall more modern systems and weapons go M2000.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD