planes that you would like to see in DCS?

Excluding everything known to be in progress or soon to be released from ED or third parties.

2000+

B-1B Lancer Block E

MV-22B Osprey

HH-60H 

1991-1999

F-14D Super Tomcat

MH-53J/M Super Jolly Green

CH-53E Super Stallion

MC-130H Combat Talon II

1965-1990

F-111A,E,F Aardvark

F-4D, E, E DMAS/ARN-101, G, J, S and RF-4C

F-105D, G

F-100D

A-4F, M and OA-4M Skyhawk

OV-10A, D Bronco

E-2C Hawkeye

KC-10A Extender

C-130H Hercules

Su-17M-4 Fitter K

MiG-27K Flogger J-2

AH-1E, F Cobra

UH-60A, L Blackhawk

Mi-24A, D, V Hind A, D, E

Buccaneer S2B

Jaguar GR1

Mirage F-1AZ, B, C-200, CR, CT, EQ-4

MiG-21PF Fishbed D

MiG-25PD Foxbat E and MiG-25BM Foxbat F

F-15A Eagle

F-104G Starfighter

F-101A, C, RF-101C Voodoo

Tu-22M-3 Backfire C

An-26 Curl

1950-1964

F4U-4B, -5NL Corsair

F9F-3 Panther

F-84F Thunderstreak

MiG-17F Fresco

Pre-1949

B-26B, G Marauder

Me-410A Hornesse

TBM-3 Avenger

F4U-1A Corsair

B-25G, H, J Mitchell

B-29A Superfortress

Hs-129B-2, -3

Ta-152H-1

He-219A-5, -7

Edited by Vampyre
  • Like 2

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

https://shop.janes.com/Yearbooks-IHS/All-the-World-s-Aircraft/

A company called Jane's is selling a copy of the dcs wishlist. Seriously the top of my list would be the F-4 Phantom II -as many variations as possible. If I had to pick 2 it would be the e and j. The thud is mega high on my list. 

As for the rest I really want to see early and mid cold war assets. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

A company called Jane's ....

Oh my, do I feel old now.  

ᐈ Old man sitting stock cliparts, Royalty Free old man silhouette vectors |  download on Depositphotos®

Those too young to get the reference, Jane's was at one point THE authority on open source defense platforms.  Just known as "Jane's".  Way before the time of the interwebs 🤪

• Like 3

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

42 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

ᐈ Old man sitting stock cliparts, Royalty Free old man silhouette vectors |  download on Depositphotos®

Those too young to get the reference, Jane's was at one point THE authority on open source defense platforms.  Just known as "Jane's".  Way before the time of the interwebs 🤪

I didn't think anyone would not get the reference but all the world's aircraft is clear the dcs wishlist 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mistermann said:

Don't feel old- there was intended to be some sarcasm in my tone since I expect everyone knows who Jane's is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xilon_x said:

update the trainer instead of the L-39ZA use the Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Master / YAK-130 much more updated.

How about the L-159 it is an updated L-39 used by the Czech Air Force and Iraq.

20 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

Che ne dici dell'L-159, è un L-39 aggiornato usato dall'aeronautica ceca e dall'Iraq.

yes it is beautiful L-159 but I want to make you understand that mb-346 / yak-130 is adopted by various countries in the world including the russian federation also canada is adopting it.

I like technology so modern planes for me, since post 2000 we only have few planes, Viper, Hornet and Jeff and A10C2, it is good that Eurofighter is coming, but I'd like to see more modern Russian planes, SU27, SU30, MiG 29 versions of those planes around 2005, I'd love to see Rafale and Gripen C, J-11 etc...

That is what draws me to DCS and I love every second in my Hornet and Viper!

As for Helicopters, Apache and the Hind are coming which is great, but I have no idea if I would like one cause I have nowhere to test that, FC3 should have a low fidelity Heli module imo.

38 minutes ago, Furiz said:

As for Helicopters, Apache and the Hind are coming which is great, but I have no idea if I would like one cause I have nowhere to test that, FC3 should have a low fidelity Heli module imo.

There were enough "free for all" periods to try any heli.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, Furiz said:

Yea but as I said I really like the newer stuff,

but you point is sound I will try a heli next time free trial comes.

The F/A-18E or the F/A-18C with the touch screen UFC, as they are switching for other countries. I would also like to see the F-16i Sufa, but that I don't think will happen.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:56 AM, draconus said:

There were enough "free for all" periods to try any heli.

The last time there was a free to try event I tried out the Huey. However that was my very first time trying to fly a helicopter in DCS. And even though I had a knowledge of helicopter controls and experience flying in other games, I was still not able to fly it well enough in just a few days of training to convince me of buying any helicopter module. This made me realize that ED really needs to add a basic helicopter trainer like a TH-57 Sea Ranger to the free aircraft that come with DCS. That way I can practice on a trainer until I feel ready and confident to spend money on an aircraft I know I can fly first.

Bell_Jet_Ranger.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 2:15 AM, Furiz said:

I like technology so modern planes for me, since post 2000 we only have few planes, Viper, Hornet and Jeff and A10C2, it is good that Eurofighter is coming, but I'd like to see more modern Russian planes, SU27, SU30, MiG 29 versions of those planes around 2005, I'd love to see Rafale and Gripen C, J-11 etc...

That is what draws me to DCS and I love every second in my Hornet and Viper!

Just curious if you would even be interested in trying out older jets just to experience them for your self. Kind of like you might prefer to own modern sports cars but given the chance to drive an old school muscle car would you drive it just to see what they were like?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evoman said:

Just curious if you would even be interested in trying out older jets just to experience them for your self. Kind of like you might prefer to own modern sports cars but given the chance to drive an old school muscle car would you drive it just to see what they were like?

I did try them, I tried MiG 21, F-5, Tomcat, Harrier and Mirage, while I did like them I see them obsolete compared to gen 4 multi role fighters that we have in DCS, for example, Harrier and Tomcat are both carrier capable planes, but why would I use those vs a Hornet that can do all that those planes can do and much more and in 10 different ways and even better.

I like all the systems those modern planes have, that are lacking in the older jets. I see majority here likes cold war era but I don't like to stick to the old stuff, I like technology.

The MiG-29, together with the Su-27, is the basis of Ukraine's fighter aircraft. In order to increase the combat properties of the MiG-29 at the Lviv State Aircraft Repair Plant, their overhaul and modernization to the level of MU1 is being mass-produced. It aims to increase the range of detection of air targets and add an integrated satellite navigation system to the aircraft. The MiG-29MU1 was also able to use more long-range R-27ER1 and R-27ET1 missiles, which are manufactured at the Artem State Joint-Stock Company. These missiles have a maximum launch range of about 90 km, instead of 50-60 km in conventional R-27R and R-27T. More about MiG-29MU1 and a new upgrade to the level of MU2 in a special material

Edited by Rush_
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Furiz said:

I did try them, I tried MiG 21, F-5, Tomcat, Harrier and Mirage, while I did like them I see them obsolete compared to gen 4 multi role fighters that we have in DCS, for example, Harrier and Tomcat are both carrier capable planes, but why would I use those vs a Hornet that can do all that those planes can do and much more and in 10 different ways and even better.

I like all the systems those modern planes have, that are lacking in the older jets. I see majority here likes cold war era but I don't like to stick to the old stuff, I like technology.

Umm, you do realise that the Hornet is marginally older than the AV-8B Harrier...? 🤔

• Like 2