CE II gets stuck on grass

Birko

On the Caucasus map at least (am yet to try it on others), when I taxi the CE II off the tarmac and onto grass it comes to a halt and no amount of throttle can get it moving again.

Am I right in assuming the CE II should be fine taxiing on grass surfaces? Anyone else get this?

Otherwise enjoying the CE II, the simplicity is refreshing and it is very fun to fly!

Thanks everybody, and have a nice day!

I noticed the same but Im affraid it isnt CEII module problem but whole DCS terrain structure.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

On the Caucasus map at least (am yet to try it on others), when I taxi the CE II off the tarmac and onto grass it comes to a halt and no amount of throttle can get it moving again.

Am I right in assuming the CE II should be fine taxiing on grass surfaces? Anyone else get this?

Otherwise enjoying the CE II, the simplicity is refreshing and it is very fun to fly!

Thanks everybody, and have a nice day!

There are several things going on. The first is that there are varying "firmnesses" to the Caucasus' terrain. So you might be fine in some places and stuck in others.

Second, some aircraft do better than others when it comes to traveling cross-country. I've often landed the Su-27 in a field and taxied over to a road. In other airframes, the results have not been nearly as benign.

Third, don't slow down too much. In the CEII, I have cut across the grass several times rather than using a taxiway. But, in doing so, I keep my speed up. If your speed starts to slow, increase your throttle. If you allow your speed to drop sufficiently, you'll be there indefinitely.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Came here to comment on that. CEII stuck on grass Senaki, Caucasus.

P-51, Spitfire no problem. Also always assumed heavy jets with small wheels get stuck and no warbird or other light planes should have a problem.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))