Wierd Problem

A couple of weeks ago I started to have this problem where after playing lockon for a bit, it would all of a sudden minimze to the desktop, and once I clicked it to go back into the game the textures would be all corrupt until I exited and restarted lockon. Needless to say it's very annoying to be 45 mins into a mission and then have it all screw up...I've been running FC for a long time without this problem, so I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. I tried deleting my lockon folder and copying over my clean backup, virus scans are negative, and the only major change recently has been changing ISPs (but this problem didn't happen right when I changed over).

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be causing this??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may be your video card overheating and causing Lockon to 'hickup'.

It may be used up system resources for whatver program(s) running in the background: memory, fragmented hard drive etc.

Just my 2 cents.

I reboot after using msconfig to start only system services (I start my firewall manually), so there's very little running in the background when I play. My vid card temps are normal (about 45c after a session of LO) after the minimize to desktop...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What GFX?

Mine does that only if I alt TAB, its aknown issue. That and the shadows bug. But if I alt tab some more it goes back to normal. If I keep from alt tabing it stays normal.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 4 weeks later...

You're all talking about video cards, so I thought I would throw this one into the mix:

What firewall are you using?

This was happening to me a lot and I attributed it to ZoneAlarm. Funnily, I recently moved to Vista, and it doesn't happen at all now.

I too have that problem if i alt tab. Sometimes lock on gets minimised because i have MSN or mirc running and someone sends me a message. I flicked some switches in those programs so that wouldn't happen anymore and haven't had any trouble since. Do you have a third party program that could be causing lock on to minimise??

Thanks for the reply's , I received some help on HyperLobby from 169th Ice,

He suggested i turn of fullscreen in LockOn. I have had no issues tonight, and

it seems to exit faster, and overall gameplay seems better (maybe in my head!)

But "thereminqblank" i am funnily enough using ZoneAlarm Internet Security, and noticed last time it happened that ZoneAlarm was doing a Automatic Update? I cannot find a way of turning off ZA without it sulking.

I will also give my Case inside a clean to be sure (Needs it)

And have disabled most of my unwanted services when playing.

But hopefully the "Fullscreen Fix" does the job.

Squid.

I cannot find a way of turning off ZA without it sulking.

Squid.

Engage "Game Mode" in Zone Alarm. Can also set time for Auto-Updates to a more "Game-Friendly" time. :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'