Question:Set JTAC action on Predator UAV

Zeros

Goodmornig fellas

I have a question a litle bit tricky.

I want to set a JTAC trigger action on a UAV Predator....but for the sake of realism i want the UAV

to take off first from a airbase and when it reaches the target area i can request for a Jtac action.

So far i have manage to set the UAV to take off from a airbase after my request throught the comm menu....

i have set waypoints.....on a specific waypoint i made it to message me that it reached the target area but

i haven't managed yet how to triggered a JTAC action.

Since the UAV's dont have a FAC trigger action i tried the CTLD command...but still no joy.

Any ideas on how i can succeed this kind of senario?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Edited by Zeros

ASUS ROG STRIX B360 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz - HyperX Fury DDR4-2666MHz 32GB - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce 8 GB - SSD 1 TB

HOTAS - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Modules

FC3 - AJS37 Grippen - AV-8B Harrier - C-101 Aviojet - FA-18C Hornet - F-14B Tomcat - F-16A Viper - M-2000C Mirage - Supercarrier

Thank you Emmy....good to be here

That's exactly what i want to do but it seem that im doing something wrong..let me explain what proccedure i used for all the set up.Sooo....the UAV have a mission with 4 waypoints....WP 1&2 are just for the UAV to gain altitude so there are no actions on those WP's.....however WP 3&4 are in the target area....

On WP 3 i set an "orbit" action(race track type) so it can orbit between WP 3-4 also set a "Message to coalition" to let me know when it reaches the target area.....and set a CTLD JTAC action on the UAV's trigger action tab(not on the Main Trigger action section)for to perform a JTAC when in that WP.

The WP 4 has just an RTB action when low on fuel.

Now....on the Main Trigger action section i have set the command to run from the begging of

the mission the "mist.lua" and the "CTLD.lua"

When i run the mission everything works except the JTAC.

Any ideas on to where i can be wrong?

Thanks again for your time.

Edited by Zeros

ASUS ROG STRIX B360 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz - HyperX Fury DDR4-2666MHz 32GB - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Windforce 8 GB - SSD 1 TB

Modules

FC3 - AJS37 Grippen - AV-8B Harrier - C-101 Aviojet - FA-18C Hornet - F-14B Tomcat - F-16A Viper - M-2000C Mirage - Supercarrier

Why not just add the JTAC task to waypoint 3? (or waypoint 4 if you don't want it to go hot until it's established in the orbit)

But i did add the JTAC action to choosen WP (WP-3) by using the Predators trigger action tab and not the main mission editor Triggers button.

Which aircraft are you going to fly to take out the targets that the REAPER/PREDATOR will mark?

I have a basic mission that I can upload for you to review. I can get this working without any issues and it might help. Cheers

Hey SUNTSAG

First of all allow me to concraculate you on your tutorial videos on youtube thanks to

your videos i began to get a grip on how to build my own missions...so am a big fan of yours. :D

Now back on topic

Am building a multitask training mission on the Persian golf map for A/V-8B Harrier but also i might use it for F/A-18C and later on with the F-14B (if it has any lasing bombing capabilities)

Any help/suggestion it is much appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and trouble.

Modules

Hi Zeros,

Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased you are now into mission building.

I have attached a mission where there are two Reaper JTACs. The first is the in sim version and the second is via CTLD. Hopefully this will help. The airframe is the AV8B Harrier. Cheers

REAPERJTAC.miz

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Zeros,

Thank you for your kind words and I am pleased you are now into mission building.

I have attached a mission where there are two Reaper JTACs. The first is the in sim version and the second is via CTLD. Hopefully this will help. The airframe is the AV8B Harrier. Cheers

Thank you very much SUNTAG

I will tryed asap and let you know of the outcome.

Cheers mate.

Modules

Hello again

My dear friend SUNTAG

The mission that you attached it is not quite what i want to do

although i do appreciate the trouble you went through to help me out

by building it.Probably my english are not fluent enough to make clear of

what am asking for.Maybe a more practical presentation from my behalf

would make it easier to understand what am asking.So..i have also attached

a mission.miz file with what i want to do.

In this mission i all ready set a reaper standing by on an airbase waiting for

me to set it airborne throught my comm menu.

Now.....here is my trouble...i want the reaper...when it reaches WP3 to

start JTAC....not before that WP..or after.

Since am all ready looking on the internet for a suitable solution..i found

something but am not quite sure how i could use it to make it work.

I found on "hoggit" data base regarding the games mision editor commands

the actual script text of "FAC_AttackGroup" action command and i was wondering

if i would add on the WP3 a "run script" command and placed the script text

would that make it work??...or i have to do something more that am not aware off??

Here is the link

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_task_fac_AttackGroup

Cheers

Reaper JTAC.miz

Edited by Zeros

Modules

ZEROS,

See if this is what you are after or maybe get you started on what you are trying to do.

Change Reaper from Reconnaissance to AFAC

The ME will auto add FAC task at WP 0.. delete FAC task at WP 0

Add FAC task at WP3

Bomb them all

Not sure why Player AV8 has FAC task but did not change that.

You might have to add a WP5 or trigger to stop Jtac on Bingo fuel, I didn't stay around for that to happen:music_whistling:

Reaper JTAC _mod.miz

Now.....here is my trouble...i want the reaper...when it reaches WP3 to

start JTAC....not before that WP..or after.

Cheers

That is exactly what happens in the mission provided neither JTAC option activates until the Reaper reaches its waypoint 2.

I condensed everything down to show how it could be done. Move waypoints 1 and 2 further apart to get the full effect with CTLD and in sim JTAC.

The activated message I put on screen was to let me know that the CTLD Reaper had successfully spawned in as it was not active at mission start.

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok...am a freaking idiot.....the solution was always right in front of me but didn't saw it.....

not until Olddog pointed out to me. Thank you very much Olddog :thumbup:

The misconception that i had was that i thought i had to select "reconnaissance" instead of "AFAC"

in the task bar before placing the proper unit on the map.

Now by selecting the proper task (in my case a AFAC task for the unit) i have all the actions

commands in the right place.....needed to set up my mission senario.

The idea behind the senario am building is so i can practice my ETA's between two task forces

where units are taking off from two different airbases far apart from each other and have to

rendezvous in a target area...but not too soon or too late.

So......thank you very much all of you for your help. :clap_2:

Watch your six...and i will see you up in the sky. :beer:

Modules