Add women pilots

dali

That's a quote. Remember that one guys!

It certainly doesn't have to be political. The only people who seem to see this as a "political" request are the ones mocking it.

Yes all 4 of you must be very jarred. How little I care. If gender is what's limiting the realism in DCS for you then perhaps you're playing the wrong game... For the rest of us we care about EW simulation, missile guidance algorithms, flight models, systems simulation and so on and so forth.

It is certainly one thing that limits the realism, yes. We have simulations of aircraft like the Ka-50 and the Su-33 where the total number of airframes built is in the 30s, while ignoring that there are currently 749 female pilots in the US Air Force. To put that number into context, there were 716 A-10 airframes ever built.

It's also not an either-or thing. ED can update pilot models and voices AND improve EW simulation and missile guidance algorithms, etc. All of these things improve the DCS experience. And as for how many people care, I think that you might be surprised. There are a lot of people who will avoid this thread simply because of some of the responses so far (yes, I get it, you don't have a problem with them), so you won't hear their responses.

You also won't hear from women who maybe gave DCS a try but found it annoying that they could only communicate using a male voice, even though they could have their pilot communicate in multiple different languages. It's fine for you to say "good riddance" or whatever, but I suspect that ED, who clearly do understand business and marketing, will see things differently.

...You also won't hear from women who maybe gave DCS a try but found it annoying that they could only communicate using a male voice, even though they could have their pilot communicate in multiple different languages. It's fine for you to say "good riddance" or whatever, but I suspect that ED, who clearly do understand business and marketing, will see things differently.

Actually maybe we should listen the a voice of women if it's an issue for them or not... Having a bunch of guys screaming in the name of "diversity" that a women pilot models are needed seems to much like a social justice warriors exaggerating a problem which may not be such a big issue.

Just to be clear. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a women pilot modeled. But is it a priority? Also, if done it should be done in historically accurate way.

Everything ED needs is it's own SJW's pushing DCS into EA/DICE understanding of business and marketing...

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hey if someone at ED has time to make a bunch of pilot models that a player can choose from in options it wouldn't bother me at all.

If it made the immersion greater for some that's fine.

Visors covering the face is the best immersion factor for me since attempts at making faces look real seems to be a problem in most video games I've noticed.

I also fly without a pilot model in the cockpit that seems good to me. But we're different in our preferences. The more choices the better I think.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You also won't hear from women who maybe gave DCS a try but found it annoying that they could only communicate using a male voice, even though they could have their pilot communicate in multiple different languages.

This is a false pretense peddled by virtue signalling leftists. I can't recall anyone ever playing Lara Croft Tomb Raider and quitting because they could only play as a woman. Nor do I recall anyone ever quitting Portal 2 because they could only play as a woman or a robot.

It saddens me seemingly sensible people repeat these talking points without actually considering their validity.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

No, it really actually truly madly deeply physically scientifically isn't. I will see your grievance studies and raise you a biology degree (genetics and developmental biology).

You're talking about "sex" (also called "Biological Sex"). That is biological. Gender's different. :)

Gender's different. :)

Gender is part of one's identity, that's right. And identity itself is a very interesting subject on its own (I dabbled in that as part of "some college" Social Science courses). Wished I had done more with that, come to think of it...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Because it's glossing over the heads of some people in this thread...

How are you even going to implement this change? What do you want to do? How are you going to do it?

I've said it once I'll say it again, most pilots in DCS have no discernible features relating to their sex so what would you do to change it?

At best there's 3 modules where you can at least see their faces, provided you turn pilot bodies on... Which most people (AFAIK) don't.

Not only that but I imagine most people are rarely in situations where they can clearly see other pilots in other aircraft - there are some people here who complain about not being able to spot other aircraft let alone the pilots inside them...

I also imagine most people flying are a bit too busy to worry about

Not only that we have some objects in DCS that are also need an upgrade - something I and I imagine most others would rather have 3D/texture artists spend effort on.

Female voice actors for speech? Go for it, more than happy for you to do that - speech isn't exactly DCS' strong point and is overdue for a remake, so when the time comes feel free - I really, really couldn't care less and we need more diversity in radio chatter - the same 3-5 voices doesn't do immersion any favours.

Forgetting all about that but isn't his whole charade of a thread is a glaring 1.7 breach?

https://forums.eagle.ru/rules.php#en in case anyone has forgotten

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Objectively untrue but unsurprising considering your location...

XXhreCj.png

It's as much unsuprising as your archaic rhetoric considering your profile pic. Some people just fail to notice, that we're not living in the 19th century anymore...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You're talking about "sex" (also called "Biological Sex"). That is biological. Gender's different. :)

No sweetie. That distinction was made fairly recently and does not reflect the understanding or usage of the word in the english language or even in common parlance.

I don't actually have a problem with having female pilot voices as I know of a female fighter pilot IRL and they are not common but becoming more so. But - this does not mean I endorse offence merchants (echo echo echo) taking a virtue signalling high ground that this should in any way take priority and definitely should not be a 50% chance of getting a female in your flight (more like 2% chance).

I would also be weary of adding realistic representation into DCS - we could end up with african child soldiers with 65 IQ and a skill level locked at poor.

Whenever these conversations come up - it's the people on the left that have the advantage in that moderators will consider anything with any kind of truth to be 'unkind', 'hatespeech' and 'hatefacts' meaning that no true replies can be made. We all just have to go along with this agenda that is being put onto us.

I prefer to confront these things head on - don't let them police your language to box you into a corner. If you get backed into that corner you have already granted them victory by agreeing to their terms and abuse of language.

ED forums has become Tumblr all of a sudden.

Personally, I don't care and would even welcome the addition of female voices as an option but I don't think it should be a high priority either. I especially don't want to see it done for the sake of appeasement. I'm more interested in seeing the pilot's get more animation, especially for VR users in the case of sending hand signals through the pilot.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Where did anyone say 50%?

If your response to what you consider an extreme request is an extreme response, how are you any better? Serious question.

I don’t see how 2% female fighter pilots (at least in the west- UK in particular) would be an “extreme” estimate.

SOROS 1-1 reporting for duty!

It's as much unsuprising as your archaic rhetoric considering your profile pic. Some people just fail to notice, that we're not living in the 19th century anymore...

Congratulations on your convincing observation that it's the current year. If only your country could win it's wars so convincingly..

Also Xilon_x, nobody here is saying female pilots don't exist. Your pushing an open door with everyone here. Our quarrel comes with making this into some sort Battlefield V style shambles. We have individuals pushing resolutely for a change which will supposedly please less than 1% of the playerbase. That's the issue.

Edited by al531246

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

so current pilots are males? i mean, is it confirmed in the game? seeing that german female pilot /\ from the thumbnail, id probably had hard time guessing her gender/sex if it wasnt for haircut, not to mention wearing helmet and stuff

Yeah, I always thought they were females except the moustache gazelle person where I wasn't 100% sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man This thread. Really sad to see that some of the community incapable of holding a serious discussion without bringing their personal politics into it and instantly reverting to twitter-style trolling. In case you haven't noticed, you come across the same if not worse as your declared 'political enemy'.

Please ED enforce your rules, thx.

On topic: Personally I dearly miss female voice overs, as was (constructively) noted by some, in-cockpit models are not really an issue for various reasons. If DCS improves in the way of animated humans I would like this to change atleast for external models (units etc.).

I have ground crew, infantry etc. in mind. If this triggers people too much, you may couple their appearance with official statistics of the various armys. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man This thread. Really sad to see that some of the community incapable of holding a serious discussion without bringing their personal politics into it and instantly reverting to twitter-style trolling. In case you haven't noticed, you come across the same if not worse as your declared 'political enemy'.

Please ED enforce your rules, thx.

On topic: Personally I dearly miss female voice overs, as was (constructively) noted by some, in-cockpit models are not really an issue for various reasons. If DCS improves in the way of animated humans I would like this to change atleast for external models (units etc.).

I have ground crew, infantry etc. in mind. If this triggers people too much, you may couple their appearance with official statistics of the various armys. ;)

Totally agree.

"I see where you're coming from OP, but I don't believe a player female player model would be discernible from a male one, and I think ED have more pressing matters to attend to anyway" <--- reasonable argument (even if not everyone would agree with it).

"Ha, OP is a lefty pinko feminazi. This is the thin end of the wedge, soon they'll want black lesbian disabled pilot models in DCS" <--- unreasonable bullcrap that says far more about you than the OP and it's totally unnecessary.

Wanting this place to be a welcoming place for all isn't about a political agenda, it's about not being an arse.