Optionally Make pilot body disappear when you mouse over it

HoneyBadger

I love having a pilot body in my aircraft but it can get in the way of important switches and buttons, depending on the aircraft. I know I can bind "Show Pilot Body" but I feel as an option it would be convenient for the body to hide when I overlay my mouse on it and then unhide when I mouse away. This could be a setting in the options menu.

Edited by HoneyBadger

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas, Caucasus

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

You can use shift+p to temporarily remove it without going into the options menu, but I know this can be tough in VR. I like wolf’s idea though!

Ryzen 9 3900X / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Saitek X56 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift S

+1

I´ve thought maybe a good solution would be to make it work like the flashlight, make the body transparent in an area around the mouspointer like the lightcircle of the flashlight.

Now this is a pretty brilliant and sophisticated way of handling it. Hopefully someone at ED thinks so as well.

Don’t turn on the pilot body. Problem solved. That’s the whole problem with trying to show this, it hides the cockpit from you.

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5