Development updates

ChuckJäger

I don't want to start a messy thread here, I genuinely believe HB are doing their best to get this thing off to us as quickly as possibly; however, having paid to preorder it - I'd love some feedback just to see that it's still churning along.

Cobra promised weekly updates, if this is no longer something HB can do because of the Development crunch, it'd be nice to know as well.

The quoted post below was from the 8th of January.

We released an hour of F-14 footage through the content creators we've been supporting over the last week. :) That was our plan for the "development update" this week.

To be completely fair; it's not a development update per se; but I figured it would be more enjoyable than anything I could drop in here.

We're still hard at work on most of the items listed in the OP and moving rapidly towards RC1. I'll put together a meatier and more detailed status report for next week.

Once again, I appreciate heat blur's hard work, this isn't a complaint post - I'm just curious if the plan changed somewhat.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Good post Chuck. There is no argument that Heatblur is doing amazing work.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I figured we would of gotten something by now but the way HB has been working I’m not surprised. They keep pushing it out to add or change things with the cat. They set March 20 as there push date so unless they are happy with it we won’t see it before then.

There have been some small text updates in the release date discussion thread. But basically there is nothing new about the tomcat status and therefore there have been no strict weekly updates. Just enjoy the slow but steady flow of content on youtube until cobra and the team are happy with their product and give us a final date.

The updates we got where about like this: "release not imminent", "release not imminent", "some new features crept into release (e.g. lantrin)"

My guess is they want to show us the RIO's 'pit, but still are doing the last polishings and aren't completely satisfied yet - that's why we don't get those dev updates, but more video content (like yesterday's stream) instead to have at least something meanwhile twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

My guess is they want to show us the RIO's 'pit, but still are doing the last polishings and aren't completely satisfied yet - that's why we don't get those dev updates, but more video content (like yesterday's stream) instead to have at least something meanwhile twilightsmile.png

Was thinking the same :D

Everyday i smell more and more the gas smell of the Tomcat, i know it will come soon :D

Those people trying to defend HB with their low IQ arguments when you're asking a question are pretty annoying.

This is a low IQ statement. You've immediately equated any defense of HB as a being done by someone with low IQ.

The problem isn't asking for updates. The problem is doing it across multiple threads, once a day, with a lawsuit threat, or when they don't adhere to whatever timeline came to someone in a dream, presented by a glowing frog named Sebastian.

So to preemptively call people defending HB is the logical fallacy of poisoning the well.

Was thinking the same :D

Everyday i smell more and more the gas smell of the Tomcat, i know it will come soon :D

My father has a tomcat. Believe me, you don't want to smell its gas :D

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Nothing has changed - I'm planning to put together a post this evening. (hopefully with a new video - time permitting!)

We're still in 'next week' :)

Fantastic! Thanks Cobra!

Edited by ChuckJäger

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Nothing has changed - I'm planning to put together a post this evening. (hopefully with a new video - time permitting!)

What time is it? :smilewink:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Now I'm excited... your last "this evening" development update came 08:42 AM and Microsoft keeps telling me you're in the same time zone as I rdlaugh.png

So I'm gonna expect it around sunrise again instead of hammering my MiG28 key all evening... princess_celestia.png mlp-plsleep.png

But at least a few times till then I shall have a peek luna-trcv.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This is a low IQ statement. You've immediately equated any defense of HB as a being done by someone with low IQ.

The problem isn't asking for updates. The problem is doing it across multiple threads, once a day, with a lawsuit threat, or when they don't adhere to whatever timeline came to someone in a dream, presented by a glowing frog named Sebastian.

So to preemptively call people defending HB is the logical fallacy of poisoning the well.

Didn't read your pamphlet.. you're that kind of annoying person pretending to be a fanboy that support HB from the day one who don't accept people criticizing because they have paid etc.

I got ban from a F14 facebook groupe because i just answered the post of a guy that was asking why HB went dark, then a " fanboy " came and tried to insult me, you guys are crazy really.

There's nothing wrong about asking something that you've paid even HB said it, now i've all the faith on HB i know they'll not disappoint us, but stop just stop that boot licking it's just stupid.

Didn't read your pamphlet

:smartass:

you're that kind of annoying person pretending to be a fanboy that support HB from the day one who don't accept people criticizing because they have paid etc.

Nope, just an adult who is getting sick of people acting like spoiled, immature brats on an internet forum.

I got ban from a F14 facebook groupe

Good start

because i just answered the post of a guy that was asking why HB went dark, then a " fanboy " came and tried to insult me, you guys are crazy really.

I suspect, and might be going out on a limb, but there's a chance that your response lacked tact or any sort of adult behavior.

There's nothing wrong about asking something that you've paid even HB said it

Yep, but the people who are flipping out and going off the rails are absolutely insane.

now i've all the faith on HB i know they'll not disappoint us

Which is why I defend them, they have a pretty good track record. I feel the need to support that.

but stop just stop that boot licking it's just stupid.

And you were doing so good. I was going to give you a treat. Now you get to sleep in the laundry room. Bad!

:smartass:

Nope, just an adult who is getting sick of people acting like spoiled, immature brats on an internet forum.

Good start

I suspect, and might be going out on a limb, but there's a chance that your response lacked tact or any sort of adult behavior.

Yep, but the people who are flipping out and going off the rails are absolutely insane.

Which is why I defend them, they have a pretty good track record. I feel the need to support that.

And you were doing so good. I was going to give you a treat. Now you get to sleep in the laundry room. Bad!

:megalol:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

The amount of DramaLLamma BS surrounding this module amazes me. Maybe I just haven't been around long enough to see the other early releases (and maybe they were total shitshows too) but it is really sad and somewhat mindboggling to me.

I paid my 70 or whatever it was dollars and I will get my product in whatever early access state its in by the end of winter, march whateverits. If not, I'm sure steam/ED will refund my money. Or if I distrust the developer enough (and increasingly there are a few 3rd party devs that I do distrust), I'd wait till its actually out and some real players review it and pay the extra ten dollars and save myself the drama. The level of entitlement people have here is amazing really.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Im not defending anyone, but it's a risk to buy a pre order, any company could be gone tomorrow. Dont pre order, as well as threads as this one not always encouraging.

Ant that's why nobody is forced to do so. On the other hand, even buying a fully released product can be risky as we have all seen with the Hawk.

Apart from that, and I am not speaking of anyone specific here, people tend to forget about what they paid for, when they pre-ordered. After some time, they tend to think that with pre-ordering, they also purchased special rights. People react like

"I paid already, i have the right to know at every single moment what is going on! If the devs don't answer when I wish so, then i will never buy again, these devs fall in disgrace, [enter arbitrary other dev here] do it much better!!!"

or

"I paid, i cannot wait, gimme that damn bird!!!11"

In fact, they have not (which should be obvious). One should be aware of the fact that, with pre-ordering, the only thing which is relatively safe to say is that this very person can fly the bird on day one when it comes out and certainly will encounter some bugs. Exactly for this and nothing else, people paid.

Having said that, it is natural and understandable that we all are hyped like hell and are gazing for content and info. This makes anticipation even better, just like for a small child in the days before chistmas. But i guess we are not seven years old any more, therefore let us all calm down a little bit. Just like christmas does not arrive eralier in december just because the little kid cries even louder in front of the toy store window.

I did not name any specific dev or user in the above written, because 1) i dont want to rage against any one, 2) When a module release is imminent, this happens at every dev's subforum anyway.

See you on station!:joystick: