Happy with my CE2

Rudel_chw

Taking off was surprisingly easy as well. It just took off not much yaw to fight on the roll. The D9 and the spitfire on the other hand took a few tries before I could get them off the ground.

Well this one has a 200hp engine, the warbirds have what? 1500hp? There should be a difference in torque. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Well this one has a 200hp engine, the warbirds have what? 1500hp? There should be a difference in torque. ;)

Yeah but even a C172 needs more attention to the rudder on the ground than this one. It produces 180hp and is a tricycle configuration. I think they'll update the ground handling on this sooner or later.

Yeah but even a C172 needs more attention to the rudder on the ground than this one. It produces 180hp and is a tricycle configuration. I think they'll update the ground handling on this sooner or later.

Exactly what I noticed as mentioned earlier yesterday.. As a comparison I fly regularly a Jodel D112 taildragger with an A65 -> 65hp engine.. well it needs much more input.. and the ball does not stay centered at the take off climb without rudder..

Yes, we also reached conclusion that there should be a bit more sideslip during take-off, but not as much as some think or imagine. As our CE2 pilot stated, there really is no sideslip in early phase of takeoff as tail wheel locking mechanism does a great job of keeping the Eagle straight on takeoff. In the later phase however yes, a bit more is needed.

We've already increased it during testing in the last few weeks, but this affected other flight characteristics, messing with tumble and hammerhead. Developing FM is like touching spider web, you touch one string and whole web resonates. And as our CE2 pilot states that other flight characteristics are spot on (named above tumble, snaproll, hammerhead, stall etc.), we will have to make very small adjustments each time, not to break anything else, but carefully observe results.

It's going to take some time guys, but we will get there, especially as we can rely on personal experiences and recorded footage.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

FWIW, the real Christen Eagle is a pussycat on the ground - that one was one of Frank's objectives in making a 'better' Pitt's style aerobatic biplane, improved ground handling.

That said, Curtiss would say there were no twitchy airplanes, only twitchy pilots.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Except for Mark I eyeball :)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /

Well, pilot is mandatory element for flying Eagle. That's close enough :)

Super happy with the CEII as well. What a fun lil plane to fly. :thumbup:

The whole plane looks really nicely done in terms of interior and exterior, with superb textures all around (PBR materials look gorgeous).

Quick question: will there be a improved engine loop sound while inside the cockpit? I think that's the only small complaint I have.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I've noticed some weird behaviour with the elevator trim. When I change the trim setting first nothing seems to happen, maybe some very small changes in pitch. But if I then pitch up or down (corresponding to the direction I trimmed), I get a very extreme pitch up/down effect. I try to make a video or post a trk, but does that sound familiar to anyone?

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

I'd like to thank the devs also for providing a complete, easily understandable but also technical manual from day one. Love it! :thumbup:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

I've noticed some weird behaviour with the elevator trim. When I change the trim setting first nothing seems to happen, maybe some very small changes in pitch. But if I then pitch up or down (corresponding to the direction I trimmed), I get a very extreme pitch up/down effect. I try to make a video or post a trk, but does that sound familiar to anyone?

Yes, trim reacts now only after inputs to pitch are made. This is reported bug, guys are aware of it ;)

External engine sound is a placeholder.

External engine sound is a placeholder.

What about the internal engine sound? To me, it sounds so weak and nothing like what I hear on the ground from real flying Christen Eagles. And, from my (very distant) memory, the rev up and rev down was much quicker.

Note carefully: I have no idea what the inside of one sounds like. And under NO circumstances does this post construe a complaint.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Internals are there, at least the way we see it. And yes, if you are looking for engine roar than R-2800 in F4U-1d Corsair should be more frightening. Eagle has much weaker engine and sounds are just more tame so to speak. But in my opinion internal engine sound tone is exactly as in real bird (go to 0:35 for high revs)

Keep in mind that there are always differences due to recording hardware used, your sound hardware and in above case, youtube compression.

Also, dont worry about voicing your opinion. We look into both positive and negative comments. There is always something we can improve based on your input guys.

Seems fun, :) just a few questions:

- Can I assign buttons of my joystick to the throttle instead of an axis (did that in the A-10C)?

- If I would purchase it right now, am I able to fly it right away (on the DCS release built)?

Thank you.

Edited by Peex

| AJS37 | AV-8B | M-2000C | A-10C | F-5E | KA-50 | C-101| CE2 | Yak 52| + PG

- Can I assign buttons of my joystick to the throttle instead of an axis (did that in the A-10C)?

Yes

- If I would purchase it right now, am I able to fly it right away (on the DCS release built)?

No. Only Open Beta at the moment.

Specs:

Thank you so much for bringing this out. Minute one buy. I didn't even buy the F-18 that fast. Took it up, and love it. I've always wanted a sim that allowed you to take up a gen ave aircraft, and practice flying, and turn around and take up a war machine. That I is a big stet in that direction. It's also nice when I just want to fly, and get away from all the FWB, SAS, CAS of modern aircraft. If there are any quarks with the FM, I'm certain you guys will square it away. Side note I've been missing the Mig lately, so I took it for a spin last week. Yall have done a great job with it. Love what you guys are doing, keep it up!

I must say, I am impressed. Very impressed. This is going to be my aircraft of choice when going pleasure flying around the Caucasus. It's so well put together, the pbr textures, the animation on the wheel struts, the chrome spinner. It's just fantastic to chill out in this.

And it seems very well optimised in vr - I get a consistent 45 fps in the Caucasus (around Batumi so far)

Looking forward to Jetseat compatability.

And I'm not even going to use it as boom stick bait!!!

Overall opinion - it's the mut's nuts and for only $21 (inc bonus) - it's a steal.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |