New skin for the Kuz (WIP)

Don't you think it's strange to see "PosX" on russian carrier? :)

P.S. (And maybe too "clean" texture.)

Nope, if you've read through my post then you've noticed that I mentioned that it's an americanized version of the Kuz :book:

I see a kind of cheating on the last image;)

I use it only in SP :smartass:

And it looks cool :D

I'll play with the weathering a bit more when I finish all the panel access doors and other minor things.

Nope, if you've read through my post then you've noticed that I mentioned that it's an americanized version of the Kuz :book:

This way - would you be so kind to make 2 versions? ;) And add rubber tracks on the desk to the front part also? I'll give a photo later.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

Yes, a friend already asked me to make a Russian version :pilotfly:

First I'll finish the whole template... then the variations of clean/weathered/US/USSR...

If you look closer on the front part you can see the tire marks.. I'll make them darker, you don't get that much tire marks when launching from ramp1, on ramp3 you have a longer takeoff run and the tires hit the deck harder when entering the ski-jump.

At least that's how I figured it...

A question - do some of the panel doors on the deck (you can't see them on my skin cuz' they're still not there, but if you look at the original you'll get what I'm nagging about) house missiles for self defence?

And yes, please post pics of the real thing, some reference photos never hurt ;)

Holyhell that looks FANTASTIC!

It is VERY much improved, I like all the weathering on the deck, much more realistic. I haven't flown in months, but this may just get me motivated enough to do some carrier trials.

Looking for the release soon.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

@ SKF:

I'm not planning on reskinning the whole model, just the landing deck; though the 063 on the side of the ship is bugging me a little - the Devs don't have the same font as I do :D

But you don't watch what's below the deck of a carrier much of the time, do you? :P

Starting to work on the All-Russian version today, when it's done it'll be released as a pack at LOCKONFILES.

A question to the Russian-speaking folks - how do you say "helicopter" in russian? (I mean in Cyrillic; I intend to put the Cyrillic letter instead of [H] for the helipads). Also, what does ТП at the plane parking positions mean (on the default skin)?

Done!

A quick overview :P

The basic background

th_ScreenShot_484.jpg

th_ScreenShot_483.jpg

Lines, stencils

th_ScreenShot_486.jpg

th_ScreenShot_485.jpg

Tire marks

th_ScreenShot_488.jpg

th_ScreenShot_487.jpg

Final weathering touch-ups

th_ScreenShot_494.jpg

th_ScreenShot_496.jpg

I'd like to thank my dogs for giving me support through the time of making the skin...hm...and yeah, the people that tested the texture during the making of the skin :D

And you guys for the comments :smilewink:

I'll pack both versions up and upload to LOCKONFILES tonight.

• Like 1