MiG-25 'Foxbat'

Birko

Jesus, really? It wouldn't be able to survive a summer afternoon in Texas! A thermal or two and those exposed rivets would pop like popcorn!

Taken from: http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/mig-25_foxbat.pl

"Maximum acceleration (g-load) rating was just 2.2 g (21.6 m/s²) with full fuel tanks, with an absolute limit of 4.5 g (44.1 m/s²). One MiG-25 withstood an inadvertent 11.5 g (112.8 m/s²) pull during low-altitude dogfight training, but the resulting deformation decommissioned the airframe."

I know the US were surprised when they got hold of the defected MiG-25 when they found out it wasn't as manoeuvrable as they first thought.

And yes, rivets in places that wouldn't cause to much drag weren't flushed! Which makes sense tbh, but it's so spartan.

Taken from: http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/mig-25_foxbat.pl

"Maximum acceleration (g-load) rating was just 2.2 g (21.6 m/s²) with full fuel tanks, with an absolute limit of 4.5 g (44.1 m/s²). One MiG-25 withstood an inadvertent 11.5 g (112.8 m/s²) pull during low-altitude dogfight training, but the resulting deformation decommissioned the airframe."

I know the US were surprised when they got hold of the defected MiG-25 when they found out it wasn't as manoeuvrable as they first thought.

And yes, rivets in places that wouldn't cause to much drag weren't flushed! Which makes sense tbh, but it's so spartan.

Mig-25 right now could be a big problem for any enemy. Withdraw of almost all units have more to do with the lack of spare parts that Russia never was able to produce. Example: Right now, after been eliminated the long range air-defense systems in some operations area and starting from several miles away from the closest air threat, this bird can bombing enemy positions and say good bye to a F-15 when scape leaving no options. You keep busy the area and he will do a very well job at altitudes.

Russians units were able to release their payload from 20km away and run. Tell me what you gonna do without long air defense, in a busy battlefield and with this beast doing so. Right now in 2019 you lost...

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Based on my present experience with every single DCS flyable module, I would not hesitate to buy a MiG-25 produced by Belsimtek or RAZBAM.

With the release of the MiG-19 and the planned MiG-23, DCS just needs the MiG-17, MiG-25, and MiG-31 to complete the Cold War MiG fighter line: 15, 17, 19, 23, 25, 29, 31.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

this is absolutely a nasty speculation you all post in this forum.

the Mig-23 by RAZBAM... not for me at this point. All the Russian modules are permanently trolled in this forum with non red light by anybody here. they just lost the pathway... Seen ED ignoring a great part of the world war birds been them the main developers, it is really a NO NO in my personal opinion.

as well seen the current very poor participation of the Russian pilots in multiplayer is a terrible picture.

No, it isn't speculation, they stated in one of those question answer deals (if I remember correctly) the Su-24 was specifically forbidden by the Russian gov. You can deny it all you want but yeah, that's a thing. Someone recently posted the actual law specifically related to exporting military tech or data. Besides which EVERY developer I've seen in this sort of thing said the Russian governmwnt is NOTORIOUSLY hardnosed, even about outdated 1940s 'military tech'.

I know you're the DCS equivalent of a climate change denier, but just because you badly wish thet were cooperative doesn't change the fact they're not, according to EVERY company I've ever seen comment on it. If RazBam isn't good enough for you, that's a personal problem.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

No, it isn't speculation, they stated in one of those question answer deals (if I remember correctly) the Su-24 was specifically forbidden by the Russian gov. You can deny it all you want but yeah, that's a thing. Someone recently posted the actual law specifically related to exporting military tech or data. Besides which EVERY developer I've seen in this sort of thing said the Russian governmwnt is NOTORIOUSLY hardnosed, even about outdated 1940s 'military tech'.

I know you're the DCS equivalent of a climate change denier, but just because you badly wish thet were cooperative doesn't change the fact they're not, according to EVERY company I've ever seen comment on it. If RazBam isn't good enough for you, that's a personal problem.

They just killed the gameplay putting out there a lot of stuff the other side don’t have it. Simple like that. They can make FC3 level for certain copyright difficulty but also is not made, even neither in roadmap news.

Seen how the Russian planes have been raffle out to 3Th Parties is disgusting as hell. Take a look at the multiplayer servers and tell me later what is going on for real.

MiG-25 is not a secret and you still come to this thread to say the pissy oldest speculation that no one in this world can proof.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MiG-25 would be a lot of fun I think. Always had a thing for all out speed demons. Map size really shouldn't be a problem, go full burner all the way to the target area and full burner back and you'll quickly realize just how little range it actually has.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Honestly, I am expecting the Razbam team to do a Mig-25 or Su-17 after the 23... it makes a lot of dev sense since the big reuse of the systems and instruments, and that team obviously has a knack for Soviet planes.

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

I would love to see this in DCS. But for the average customer, it'll probably be hard to sell due to being very specifically limited to a single role and flight style.

Doing interceptor, bomber and SEAD versions together could remedy this but then it'll probably be prohibitive from a development cost point. But that would be a dream. Mach 3 interceptor? Check! Supersonic CCRP bombing? Check! Supersonic SEAD with gigantic anti radiation missiles? Check!

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Mig-29 is german too. I don't think germany prevents someone to do a mig-29 full simulation. I think f-18 and even more f-16 Can sell way more than a mig-29, and ED Is developing what Can sell more.

Just ask yourself where many of the programmers of DCS are coming from (maybe Russia? :music_whistling:). They really shouldn't mess around with their government, if they want to develope anything in the future, I think...

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

MIG 25... such a glorious aircraft.Muscle car of the sky. It would have unique game play, that's for sure. It has been on my wish list, along with MIG 21 and MIG 23, for a long time.

We have got 21,23 is in the works...sooner or later it will come, I'm sure of it:thumbup:

Given the upcoming MiG-23MLA, the MiG-25PD probably wouldn't be restricted as it's similar or older tech. I' presume Razbam would be an obvious choice for developing it if their 19 and 23 sell well.

Not sure if there are any export variant manuals available in the open, though. Both PD and some recon variants were exported so perhaps it would be possible to source some. I presume the MLA manuals are sourced from Bulgaria (?), but they only operated the RBT, unfortunately.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The Foxbat is great but no one beats the FoxHound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

The F-14 could possibly rival a Foxhound, after all aren't they both the only 2 aircraft in service that can launch long range AA missiles IIRC? Foxhound has the speed, Tomcat has the flexibility. It's like a shuriken vs a swiss army knife. A trainer vs a half-length boot. A hammer, vs a multi-purpose but slight worse at being a hammer, hammer, except it can land on aircraft carriers. Maybe. I haven't a clue, and it's getting late :lol:

Would love a Foxhound but I feel it's less likely than a Foxbat because of its age and service status. I'd take either, and if it ever came to pass, both!

Edited by Birko

I don't know...

- Phoenix is active radar guided vs R-33s SARH guidance.

- Unlike the MiG-31, the Tomcat can actually maneuver pretty darn good.

So I'd say it is still a pretty asymmetric fight.

Though the MiG can probably turn and run if he thinks Phoenix missiles are on the way, but then his R-33s will be trashed too.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Thanks for the info! Interesting to hear about missiles and the way Fox(bat/hound)s are controlled.

But it's probably fairly true the Tomcat would have the advantage. Though they do only fly operationally in Iran in limited numbers now, measured in the 10s rather than 100s, and the Foxhound would have a reasonable chance of surviving an engagement which is still pretty decent.

But with F-14s having fought (and by the sounds of it, most of the time, won) against Foxbats before, there'd be some interesting even if one-sided dogfights to recreate.

Hi...i bet the F-14 came late to service no one could make variable geometric wings on supersonic jets...i bet no one knows the active duty service inicial date of the F-14...so the F-14 is much younger than the FoxHound not a real comparison here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

The F-14 in fact is older than the MiG-31

F-14

First flight: 21st December 1970

Entered service: 1974 with VF-1 and VF-2, USS Enterprise

MiG-31

First flight: ~1975

Entered service: ~1982

But the MiG-25 is older than both, and hopefully old and, dare I say it?- obsolete enough to get data on to reproduce faithfully.

Edited by Birko

Hi...i bet the F-14 came late to service no one could make variable geometric wings on supersonic jets...i bet no one knows the active duty service inicial date of the F-14...so the F-14 is much younger than the FoxHound not a real comparison here.

F-14's service entry is in '74 if I recall correctly. It did fly patrols on Vietnam when the US was retreating.

Foxhound (MiG-31) is '80s if I'm correct, so it's the other way around...

If we talk about the MiG-25, that one has entered service in 1970, so yeah, F-14 is a few years younger than that one.

DCS-Dismounts Script

F-14's service entry is in '74 if I recall correctly. It did fly patrols on Vietnam when the US was retreating.

Foxhound (MiG-31) is '80s if I'm correct, so it's the other way around...

If we talk about the MiG-25, that one has entered service in 1970, so yeah, F-14 is a few years younger than that one.

The Mig 31 FoxHound is basicly a Mig 25 Foxbat with two seats correcly if i am wrong

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's based on the 25, more or less, but it's obviously heavily updated and refined. I believe it was the first AESA equipped production aircraft among other changes. It's as much a MiG-25 as an F-4 Phantom is a F-3 Demon.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2