"Dead" experience in the game

nickos86

Hi, It might sound funny but I'd like to raise the way the player "dies" in the game. When being hit by a missile that cause the pilots death, you're being "kicked" from the plain the loud sound of explosion and wind. That's for itself is a very unpleasant and even disturbing experience...

Is there a way to do "soft" death - black screen or tactical map after death, and the player must hit F2 to return as a viewer...

Another option is for the plane to stop reacting to user inputs and for the canopy to get a "damaged" in plane model...

Thanks.

They tell me dying IS an unpleasant and disturbing experience...kinda motivates you to be a better pilot-don't you think ? :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Wouldn't we all :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

They tell me dying IS an unpleasant and disturbing experience...kinda motivates you to be a better pilot-don't you think ? :)

You should ask them again ;)

Anyway, I do want to be a better pilot. I really do... But more than that - I'd like not to get a heart attack while flying a sim :)

Perhaps a GUI option? Heart attack/Black screen of death?

That could be nice.

If you haven't already wait till you smack the ground in VR,.. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

What usually causes that is 'hear like in helmet'. Technically if you don't check that all sounds plays at the same level. With it unchecked, you'd simply turn the volume down like normal.

Irony : people check 'hear like in helmet' because the game is too loud, then they turn the volume up because it's too quiet, then they complain when popping into external view/ejecting when the volume pops back to 'normal' (which at this point is insanely loud due to having turned the volume up to compensate for checking the helmet)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

L8btX5X.jpg

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

At one point i thought i was drinking too much

So i quit thinking

And they say you actually white out, just saying.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

btw: pure black screen is what makes players hit the reset button on their PCs

I mean, in my fantasy version of game death you'd still be able to Function key to another view. If the first thing someone does is reset their PC instead of hitting an F key then...actually yeah, looking around the forums that's probably what would happen.

Fine, I don't know, put "YOU DEAD" in the center of the blank view.

And they say you actually white out, just saying.

I had a NDE a few years ago, bad car accident. I was very quickly losing blood, vision got fuzzy, went black, woke up two days later. I was told that my heart had stopped beating in the ambulance.

The actual experience of death is the result of the brain being starved of oxygen, whether due to low/no blood pressure, low blood oxygen levels, etc. This can easily (though inadvisably) be simulated by hyperventilating and clasping your hands to the sides of your neck. Most people report this as blacking out.

I've never died from having a rocket explode up my bum though, maybe that one is white.

Why don't we meet in the middle and say grey then.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I

I had a NDE a few years ago, bad car accident. I was very quickly losing blood, vision got fuzzy, went black, woke up two days later. I was told that my heart had stopped beating in the ambulance.

The actual experience of death is the result of the brain being starved of oxygen, whether due to low/no blood pressure, low blood oxygen levels, etc. This can easily (though inadvisably) be simulated by hyperventilating and clasping your hands to the sides of your neck. Most people report this as blacking out.

I've never died from having a rocket explode up my bum though, maybe that one is white.

Why don't we meet in the middle and say grey then.

I guessing it depends on many variables and which parts of the brain dies first, problem is no one ever comes back.

Fade to Grey it is,.. :thumbup:

I like the meme-death scene: freeze frame what killed you a split-second before death, a slow fade to black, and “YOU DIEDED” in grayish letters slowly fading in...

Umm or "Game Over" :D

I like the 'shellshock' effect where all sounds are muted except for a faint whining (from acouphene) and it could fade to black.

Then, you would slowly get the image and sound back as some kind of spirit rising towards the sky. You could look around to see what was going on without having the heart-attack routine.

Some would complain that it's not realistic, but hey, it is 'virtual' combat I expect to see my kids after a DCS session.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

I like the 'shellshock' effect where all sounds are muted except for a faint whining (from acouphene) and it could fade to black.

Then, you would slowly get the image and sound back as some kind of spirit rising towards the sky. You could look around to see what was going on without having the heart-attack routine.

Some would complain that it's not realistic, but hey, it is 'virtual' combat I expect to see my kids after a DCS session.

No that's your wife lifting the HMD and waking you up so you can go to bed. :megalol: :D

I like the meme-death scene: freeze frame what killed you a split-second before death, a slow fade to black, and “YOU DIEDED” in grayish letters slowly fading in...

Suggestion - at the freeze-frame point, we get Morgan Freeman voice over saying something along the lines of:

"It was at this moment they knew, they had phucked up."

/s

I fly VR and have never been bothered by the out of plane experience. Maybe because I am so pissed at myself for getting killed.

But I remember (was this falcon?) where when the wingman goes down he screams. I would like something like that now because half the time I have no idea if my wingman wandered away or got shot down.

:D

:megalol: Nice. :D