Best Enhancement to DCS ever

tdyrsmid

A short time ago I noticed that Sting TV had mapped left mouse click to a button on his joystic (https://goo.gl/B13xpm) to enhance immersion in VR.

I got to thinking...why not map left, right, and mouse wheel to my input devices? So here is what I did:

Left input device has buttons, rotaries, and toggle switches....so I mapped left mouse to a button and to the down toggle. I mapped right mouse click to the up toggle, and I mapped mouse wheel forward to a right twist on the rotary, and mouse wheel back to a left twist.

Then I repeated the process with an input device on my right side.

The result is that now, all I do is center the clue cross (only seen in VR) on the HUD and I never have to touch my mouse again. After that, all I do is look at the button, switch, dial in the virtual cockpit and then push my button, flick my switch, or twist the rotary knob and the thing I'm looking at acts exactly as though I have touched it with my real hand.

Totally freaking awesome!

You can do this in the UI section of control mapping.

I don't like using up space on the hotas

A basic logitech trackball velcrod' to the side of the hotas works for me

All the mouse clicky goodness without the used up hotas real estate

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You must have misunderstood what I wrote. This doesn't use up any HOTAS space. I have separate input button boxes.

Please take some photos!

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I use the right switch, button, and rotary to map all the mouse controls to. I do the same thing with another button box on the right.

By doing so, I'm always using the correct hand and I'm working the virtual button/switch/knob that I'm looking at in VR.

30m7a5e.jpg

I use the right switch, button, and rotary to map all the mouse controls to. I do the same thing with another button box on the right.

By doing so, I'm always using the correct hand and I'm working the virtual button/switch/knob that I'm looking at in VR.

Where did you get it? Link?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Looks like Derek Spear Designs to me. Specifically the "P2 Sim Racing Controllers" model. He has all kinds of button boxes.

http://derekspearedesigns.com/button-controllers.html

5115534_orig.jpg

Edited by Banman

i7-8700K (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz) 32 GB DDR4 XMP @ 2933MHz, GTX 1080Ti w/ 11GB GDDR5X, Windows 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, TM Warthog Stick & Throttle, TM TPR Pedals, TrackIR5

Would be nice with something smaller only with one toggle, button and switch.

Its a frustration at times because you have to find a different solution to what's usually bound to it, but on every module I have the paddle switch bound as a modifier. It opens ever hat/button/switch on the WH to a second use - so, for example, unshifted hat is trim, shifted hat is left-left click, right-right click, up-scroll wheel up, down-scroll wheel down. Center VR, various other things I would have room for (NVG gain, changing f-18 CM programs, hood, launch bar, probe, JHMCS knob, AA/AG modes), are all on hotas. I rarely if ever take my hands off.

Useful on other modules as well. I have VR zoom as left pinky toggle (forward), and as shifted trigger. Fire gun is trigger obviuosly, but also shifted full pull. So straffing, if I want, I can pull the paddle and autozoom as I engage PAC, or not.

I've tried a lot of setups, and while bindings are personal preference, this is hands down best i've used

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

30m7a5e.jpg

This is true genius, great job! You’ve solved lots of issues using this box and now you’ve got me rethinking the cockpit...

Man I like this idea. I'm going to order one of these button boxes. cool thread!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I have this : a wireless mouse that has been fitted on a glove with 4switvh on the index . This is my vr "mouse" just need to look at the switch3a45cc17c2fe923154672e5bea384ebb.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I got one of these a while ago, similar 'off the shelf' solution

2.4Ghz wireless finger mouse computer phone ring finger mini mouse black

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/232350804717?chn=ps

I have this : a wireless mouse that has been fitted on a glove with 4switvh on the index . This is my vr "mouse" just need to look at the switch3a45cc17c2fe923154672e5bea384ebb.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

its... beautiful...

have same bit kit btw, probably favorite gift i've received in years.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Its a frustration at times because you have to find a different solution to what's usually bound to it, but on every module I have the paddle switch bound as a modifier. It opens ever hat/button/switch on the WH to a second use - so, for example, unshifted hat is trim, shifted hat is left-left click, right-right click, up-scroll wheel up, down-scroll wheel down. Center VR, various other things I would have room for (NVG gain, changing f-18 CM programs, hood, launch bar, probe, JHMCS knob, AA/AG modes), are all on hotas. I rarely if ever take my hands off.

Useful on other modules as well. I have VR zoom as left pinky toggle (forward), and as shifted trigger. Fire gun is trigger obviuosly, but also shifted full pull. So straffing, if I want, I can pull the paddle and autozoom as I engage PAC, or not.

I've tried a lot of setups, and while bindings are personal preference, this is hands down best i've used

Nice one. I use a similar setup but have never thought of using the right click left click with a modifier. Gonna try that tonight.

Thanks.

I just figured out mouse actions with VR goggles in the UI layer. LR click UD wheel scroll.

Problem was the blue pointer 1st time shows up way in the right down corner of the VR vision (somehow, in my setup, perhaps because there's the "FLY" button).

Solved this with VoiceAttack (10$), define "mouse", command-1. click left mouse button (makes the VR cursor show up), command-2. move mouse pointer to center of the visible screen, now just say 'mouse' in the microphone.

Et voila (Bind to a 4 way button/shifted perhaps).

Great aircraft.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |