My new movie intro  

17 members have voted

1. 1. My new movie intro

• Awesome Movie! Keep it up! I can't wait for the rest of the movie
    • Good, a few things need Improvement, but continue with the film
    • It's Ok, It definitally needs work. maybe the film should be abandoned
    • Lame, movie's aren't for you
    • GO DIE AEROSCOUT!!!

This is not the entire movie, just the intro. I thought I might want to get your opinions of the beginning first, before I really get into it.

I liked the song, I thought the beginning really fit, though i still don't know if I'll use the entire 14 minuet song.

Thank you GA for you advice for picking songs in your "movie laking tutorial" I hope to use the rest of that soon

In terms of budget, this is EXTREMELY low budget. I'm using the in-game recorder, converting it with a free trial converter that can only do 5 minuets at a time, and am using Windows Movie Maker.:cry: Despite that, I thought it came out pretty well.

The song is called The Glass Prison by Dream Theater :punk:

Oh, I almost forgot, here's the link:

:megalol:

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I say pretty good, you got some of the good camera shots down correctly. Some lock on videos have the standard camera view like f2 and f3 so it gets boring fast, and it seems to me that you are using fraps. Which is good because it doesn't lag, i've seen a lot of videos that lags a lot so it ruins the entire film. Good work and keep it up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Not bad. ;)

You might want to consider the following:

Zoom in on a few shots. And by "zoom", im not talking about moving the camera closer or further away. No, im talking about zooming in ;)

Also, since you're not gonna be creating any "shaking" during editing (not possible with movie maker i think...), then you should definetly use the jiggle function in-game. If not, it will look unatural and take away alot of the immersion.

I liked the way you blended the 2 cockpits before take off, nice touch. Makes you think that they're doing the exact same thing, just on different places.

At the end though, you should really cut down the cloud part. The screen was just white for a long time.

Keep it up ;)

* oh and regarding "immersion", im going a step further with my new movie, where the bullets kick up dust and dirt as they hit the ground, and the camera gets covered by dust particles... :D

it seems to me that you are using fraps. Which is good because it doesn't lag, i've seen a lot of videos that lags a lot so it ruins the entire film.

he's using the ingame recorder.

I'm using the in-game recorder, converting it with a free trial converter that can only do 5 minuets

I liked it. Some of the shots, like the white were a bit long for me though. maybe make a maximum time length to suit the music your using and stick with it. uptempo song-fast shots.

:thumbup:

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good idea, I see where you're trying to go with it, I like the concept.

Other than that, the actual film could use a lot of work. You need to really, really, zoom in, the planes are just too far away, and the view just gives off a unrealistic feel. Perhaps add some camera shake, etc. Zoom with cntrl-* when in F3 view.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll continue.

Who picked option #5

@ GlowingAmraam: How do you make the camera shake during explosions and such like in Project 50?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

• ED Team
Does AE have any scripts like quake?

Yeah sort of, but it's tons better. It's called "wiggle".

You type in a "script", so to speak, for the position and/or rotation of the clip.

Example: wiggle(2,30)

This means it will wiggle 30 pixels in every 2 seconds.

Please, nellen, correct me if im wrong :P

Let me guess. The Russian shoots down the Eagle, right?

Maybe, you'll have to wait for the full film. ;)