2019 Fix List?

Charlie-1

Whilst being a big fan of the concept of DCS, what is the chance of the following fundamental issues getting fixed this year please?:helpsmilie:

1) Performance drastically optimised and especially the negative impact of flying near built-up areas eliminated/ minimised.

2) Replay system to replay what actually happened.

3) Night lighting to be effective as pre-deferred shading and especially runway lights.

4) Re-rendering process/ delay returning to cockpit F1 view after F10 map view removed.

5) VR performance and image clarity to return to pre-deferred shading standard.

6) Rain effects seen from all cockpits and from flying through clouds.

Thank you.:thumbup:

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

+1 expecially for performance and night light system

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Whilst being a big fan of the concept of DCS, what is the chance of the following fundamental issues getting fixed this year please?:helpsmilie:

1) Performance drastically optimised and especially the negative impact of flying near built-up areas eliminated/ minimised.

3) Night lighting to be effective as pre-deferred shading and especially runway lights.

4) Re-rendering process/ delay returning to cockpit F1 view after F10 map view removed.

Sure would be cool. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Interesting list maybe consider adding "can spend money on hardware just to maintain prior version(s) software performance of DCS category,". :D

Do you remember when we got mostly 90FPS with a 980Ti and 4GHz CPU in Rift in 2.2 and 2.3. This needs some attention. PLEASE. :music_whistling:

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

ALSO,

The rain effects should also streak backwards depending on throttle, or thrust. I'm sitting still on the ground at 2300RPM, and the rain in my armored glass isn't moving back at all.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Here's my fix-wish-list (none of them are critical) in no particular order -

G-force bumping - whereby the pilot receives an electric shock in his pants as he crosses exactly 1G, 2G, 3G etc and receives another shock as the G's step down to 1. It's weird, mechanical, and annoying.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223732

External lighting penetrating everything - causing all kinds of weird effects.

Shadows quality - I'm guessing ED removed the 'Ultra' setting for good reasons but it would be nice to see improved shadows return.

Synchronized clouds online - maybe they'll come with the rumoured new weather system but they're still needed.

Sky is too dark - self explanatory

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227688

FHFqOqx.png

Nevertheless, ED have done an amazing job with 2.5.4 in one particular area that I honestly have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not hallucinating.

For the last 200 years the LOMAC/DCS player was greeted with a stutter on firing their guns, hitting something, something ejecting, something crashing, bombs hitting the ground...etc. Well ED seem to have slain that particular demon. I don't know how they've done it, and I doubt it was easy, but it's hugely appreciated.

Edited by Lixma 06

Speaking of. clouds this also applies to other objects in VR could we stop the objects moving when we move our head clouds rotate slightly ofher objects such as trees deform slightly or bend slightly left or right as you look around It just feels werid in VR.

Oh and the rotating tree branches and shrubs really is werid.:D

Very good list especially N° 2..... I feel sometimes so frustrated landing back from a hard and risky mission not to be able to watch from different views what went on while I was really busy trying to avoid enemies missiles and rounds, doing my best to shoot them down ...

I was told that replay has not been working for ages, so, please , ED, do something about it, it's such an important part of the simulator and I could bet I'm not the only one who misses it that much

Is there still some hope ? :helpsmilie:

Edited by phil106ci