Grim Reapers Preview Copy

Gunny Highway

However, that's not the topic here nits not about how fun they are, it's about them getting a review copy. In my opinion they won't do a good review, they will just mess around and have fun with the things that don't work yet. They are not even good pilots, they don't know many of the systems of the hornet today, how will they guess and review the Tomcat systems?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Agreed

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I don't see the resemblance at all between GR and TG in their arena.

https://youtu.be/EAu7rJVbVa0?t=676

Everytime I watch GR, I feel that I am looking a group of people who one knows something that he read, trying to explain it to someone who sees something and someone else is just doing what ever they like in sake of fun...

You don't get information, you don't learn anything, you don't even get fun experiments or challenges, that all was part of the Top Gear. Top Gear is about insights and other information from their topics, but as well about being fun. They made the car industry look interesting!

For others a such informative comes from Jay Leno's garage. It has fun moments, but they don't go overboard to look stupid "Oh, I almost crashed on that car next line!".

All the different groups has their ways to feel fun, even someone who finds acting stupid has rights for that... But the difference is that others try to not make it out of respect on others.

In Top Gear they don't give wrong information, they don't be "Uhm.... I believe... that... Maybe..." uncertainty and guessing.

And when they go FUN, they go fun...

Give The Reapers Top Gears BUDGET and then see what happens.

And yes Top Gear does give wrong info sometimes. They are just better at not looking like they are. And you don't care because POWAHHHHHHH!

If I just wanted info, I just read the manual. I want to see someone PLAY with it, not be perfect with it. (after 8 takes)

Although to continue the analogy, Reapers getting the F-14 now would be like Tesla giving Top Gear their prototype Roadster. We know how that ended up, because the stupid thing wasn't ready for real play.

Edited by RustBelt

I understand that they do fun videos in the opinions of many and that people like to watch their non serious campaigns and missions. That is totally fine. I do watch their videos when I'm bored.

However, that's not the topic here nits not about how fun they are, it's about them getting a review copy. In my opinion they won't do a good review, they will just mess around and have fun with the things that don't work yet. They are not even good pilots, they don't know many of the systems of the hornet today, how will they guess and review the Tomcat systems?

There is no point in giving them a review copy. The product is Heatblur's and they give it to whom they want. We are here only expressing personal opinions, and this was mine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

No you're dead right about this. The F-14 isn't ready for rough and tumble play so the reapers won't be on their first preview wave. And I doubt they would even be very happy having to tiptoe around the not ready's and don't work right yets.

But in his dry sense of humor, Cap's still gonna grumble about it, just like everyone else who doesn't have it yet jokingly moans about it.

Usually, when I learn something from a tutorial I like to double check; in the case of their tutorials I watch other people's tutorial, I read the manual and so on and as far as I can tell they usually don't give misinformation; sometimes Cap just wonders «what's this gizmo?» and another one answers «I think that it's used to...» instead of giving a certain answer.

I have not researched thoroughly about this like checking 1000 pieces of info and stating that X% were right, Y% partially right and Z% totally wrong and I don't think that I should either: those who make allegations should be the first to prove what they say before anyone has to defence oneself or others (basically I am extending the principle of presumption of innocence here).

And it doens't seem to me that they misuse a serious simulator for arcade purposes: they just introduce people to the aircrafts in a comfortable way. For instance, they show you what you have to do to just arm the guship and shoot something and this is especially useful when you are a layman and you may feel frustrated by using other sources. Cap behaves just like the guy who sits in the cockpit for the first time and has to start somewhere and they guide that guy to do stuff.

That said, I agree about the fact that they don't seem suitable for a pre-release bugged version, but I hope to see their tutorials when the F 14 will be released.

By the way, I also wish Cap to heal completely and to have the strength for withstanding all his sufference.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

You can argue that the GR aren't the best pilots to give a review.

And you are probably right, nevertheless they are very popular on yt, and make entertaining videos. I had 2 friends that I have been asking to join me in DCS for 5 years now, but they where like "no its to difficult, no time,.. etc".

Well half a year ago they both started watching GR vids to my amazement and telling me how cool it looks, lolz. This Christmas they actually started buying modules. So yeah, thanks GR I may have found a Rio after all.

So at least I hope HB change their minds and at least give them a copy on release. I think they deserve this!

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

They even had a series for teaching people about aircraft, even though Cap was being told everything by another person... :doh:

Well there was a video where Wags was explaining to Crash Laobi on how to fire up the Hornet as well. I somehow liked that different approach actually. Makes it easier to remember stuff. But I have to admit that the informational quality could be better sometimes rainbowdashwink.png

I also like to watch their campaigns for partaking in their fun. It's different to the serious stuff which is great as well hooves down salute.png

well remember that even ED itself tells us its a simulation not a game by insiting on stupid visual addons that make life hard on a videoscreen wink.gif

All I can remember is that Wags keeps calling DCS a game most recently, so... I simply can't agree with him rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Sorry, unless an aircraft company or military uses it to aid in training...it's a game.

So only the A-10C module is then a simulator, all others are just games....

Or how about just accepting that they are all simulators, just for consumers instead military as the ED military version of the DCS is for?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Sorry, unless an aircraft company or military uses it to aid in training...it's a game.

Could it reach the PCTAD level? Perhaps but no one is using DCS to train UTPs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You may want to look up the terms Simulation and Simulator in an encyclopedia?

We can agree "for you(!) a simulator is only a simulator if..." and the majority on this planet does not agree with your definition. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

^this ROFL ...by the way the A-10C, too.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

They likely have a couple of xboxes around for the personnel to play after hours too.
Let me guess, you cannot understand french? ;) ... because it is explained in the text.

Shagrat

GR actually put out a lot of useful content all the time. And they are always going back to older modules with tidbits of information and guides. Just yesterday I saw UH-1H recent guide on sling-loading. The other day, something on the F86.

GR love DCS and produce a ton of content that spreads the word about this incredible flight simulator. Who cares how realistic their approach is. The main thing is they are obsessed with DCS, spread the good word, and have a shit ton of fun doing it.

I'm certain HB and DCS are not excluding GR either, after all - any publicity is good publicity ;)

They likely have a couple of xboxes around for the personnel to play after hours too.

Quoting the Facebook post:

L'Escadron de Chasse 2/5 Ile de France s'est doté d'un nouvel outil d'entraînement "Serious gaming" DCS WORLD qui permet de perfectionner et d'enrichir les compétences des stagaires et des pilotes de l'escadron dans un environnement virtuel.

Basically translates too:

The 2/5 Ile de France Fighter Squadron has acquired a new "serious gaming" training tool named DCS WORLD, to improve and enrich the skills of its interns and pilots in a virtual environment.