TPR Rudder Pedals

Happy New Year!! I just picked up the TPR Rudder Pedals by Thrustmaster and figured I'd tell you guys what I thought. Check out the purchase link below!

PS - At the time of this posting, the video is still processing. If, high resolution isn't available, check back in a few minutes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

I wish I did not watch your video.

I've spent way too much money in the past 8 weeks. And now I want to spend a lot more on pedals I don't need!

They look very cool. I was curious as to how good they were. You make them sound awesome. Grrrr. Think I'll give my wallet to a family member for safety.

Thanks for sharing this build and review vid.

Not true... You DO need them!:) In truth while I never liked the price and still don't, now that I've had them I would pay more. Seriously; people blow these things off and I don't blame them, I did the same thing. It turns out I was wrong. These are underrated right now but I suspect that is going to change once enough people get past the price and review them.

Not true... You DO need them!:) In truth while I never liked the price and still don't, now that I've had them I would pay more. Seriously; people blow these things off and I don't blame them, I did the same thing. It turns out I was wrong. These are underrated right now but I suspect that is going to change once enough people get past the price and review them.

Thru are WAY too expensive. Look at all the things the HOTAS can do. It's about 500. What does the pedals do. Turns you left and right and brakes. That's it. And costs even more than the HOTAS. IMO they are overly priced. And I do have them. I also have the MFG Crosswinds. Dollar for dollar, the MFGs are a much better value and have been time tested. The TPRs have not. If they follow the footsteps of the HOTAS, I'm just waiting to see what the first set of problems will be. BUT all things set aside, they are great pedals don't get me wrong

Thru are WAY too expensive. Look at all the things the HOTAS can do. It's about 500. What does the pedals do. Turns you left and right and brakes. That's it. And costs even more than the HOTAS. IMO they are overly priced. And I do have them. I also have the MFG Crosswinds. Dollar for dollar, the MFGs are a much better value and have been time tested. The TPRs have not. If they follow the footsteps of the HOTAS, I'm just waiting to see what the first set of problems will be. BUT all things set aside, they are great pedals don't get me wrong

Only thing I can say is what I always say to students:

The Rudder is the most important control on the aircraft. It's not just about turning you left and right. It's about keeping the whole aircraft facing directly in the direction it's going. Left to their own devices an airplane will usually end up crabbed which increases drag, causes instability, and in the case of DCS, makes your guns and rocket deployment.....unreliable.

Step one of every Instrument Student I get is correcting their feet on the floor flying style. because otherwise IFR is an unmanageable headache. And by the time they are doing the advanced Commercial maneuvers they aren't going to hit standards if they don't keep their feet moving.

Want to out turn, out climb, out run your opponents? Use your rudder. I see a lot of sloppy coordination in a lot of DCS videos, and that slop costs you energy.

The Pendular rudders are a game changer. And you only gotta buy them once. I didn't think they would be that big of a change but man they really do feel a lot better than the single plane rudder bar. And that means you'll use them more and with less over correction or error.

They are too expensive but then I'd say that about a lot of things. However that may be they are wholly better than the Crosswinds in the mind of this virtual pilot. I have never liked the roller skate rudders such as they are, they simply don't feel like a real control in the way a stick and throttle can, again, to this virtual pilot. I was instantly a better pilot with the TPR, it's not a small difference and I start noticing it as soon as I pull out of the hanger and head out to the runway. This wasn't true of the Crosswinds which worked a whole lot better than the CHs they replaced but didn't make me a better pilot nor increase my immersion. Speaking of immersion, yeah, I put on my hood and move those rudders it feels like I'm moving some facsimile of a real control, not a feeling I get with the Crosswinds. It's not that they're bad, at the price they're about as good as it will get. They are not however as good as it can get now that the TPR is available.

I cant disagree with your comments on the test of time and Thrustmaster has certainly earned our wariness with the Warthog. I do note that the TPR pedals get past the skin deep beauty of the WH, there are pictures posted online of the internals if you care to search and things look good inside as well as out with the TPR, not something anyone would say about the WH.

So yeah, I'd pay more even though I already paid too much. These are a clear step up and I have the money to throw at them. I still say if someone like Logitech stepped into the premium flight control market with a decent product at a decent price it would be a bloodbath.

I'd like the see a comparison with the Slaws. I asked several times here about the TPR's, but was repeatedly directed to the Slaws instead. ( which are now in route to me.) I hope I wasn't misdirected by a few TM haters????? The crosswinds weren't of interest to me due to the composite material, and the "foot off the floor" control style.

Edited by Wmacky

I picked up the TPR pedals during Thrustmaster's Black Friday sale in the UK - the discount brought them down to a more realistic price point for a high end product.

I've not had much opportunity to use them but they are by far and away a massive upgrade over the CH pedals I used before. As others have mentioned, the operation of them is much more like that of an actual aircraft.

My ability to control the P-51 for instance has improved immeasurably, as has dealing with cross wind take offs etc in the likes of the A-10.