Corrupted textures on 2.5.4

Nealius

To me, it happened after the last update as the structure of the luas seems to have changed a little:

1. look for texture files called *.bmp.dds or *.tga.dds and rename them to *.dds

2. in the description.lua then rename anything referring to "*.bmp" (or *.tga) by removing the '.bmp/tga'

This fixed the problem in my case.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

To me, it happened after the last update as the structure of the luas seems to have changed a little:

1. look for texture files called *.bmp.dds or *.tga.dds and rename them to *.dds

2. in the description.lua then rename anything referring to "*.bmp" (or *.tga) by removing the '.bmp/tga'

This fixed the problem in my case.

That fixed it, thanks! I wish they wouldn't change these things, or at least they could tell us when they change them :noexpression:

My huey repaints are all corrupted. Square textures, square yellow hardpoints. Even in official textures, I see green missing textures on door gunners.

This module is going backwards day by day

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

spoke too soon, unless I never noticed on some, dam, lets hope it gets fixed on update tomorrow maybe?

there won't be an update tomorrow afaik

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...

I hope not :)

Some expected skin file names were changed in the last build... i.e. 'whatever'.bmp.dds or 'whatever'.tga.dds to 'whatever'.dds

This change only effected for us anyway, some of our custom skins.

Some simple skin lua editing soon sorted it....

Hence the 'I hope not' otherwise we'll have to edited them all back :(

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

That's annoying. We got many skins for the Huey and they all look wrong now. I guess we'll wait for a fix before renaming all the textures.

Are they planning on fixing this???

Or should start changing all my mods?

I would hate to fix everything and then have to change it all back!! :joystick::doh:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

My favorite is the top panel not having a shadow.

triazFS.png

gZ5wR4w.png

sINsYit.png

o5MDrtA.png

zYtVcmX.png

bJl479U.png

An easy way to reproduce is to start the instant action, free flight mission on caucasus and rotate right on the skids to about a heading of 060, if I am not mistake

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hi

1- exterior :the spec (is shinny and glossy ) and the skins in DCS are different looking from model viewer 2 (which is matte ) ! the skins in the pictures used same spec files ! 1557168283_uh1modelviewer.thumb.jpg.bd05f9ae86d30477fb1bc0b8a564ee75.jpg 7015461_uh1dcsview.thumb.jpg.40e27c7f2053946aef75ff036048e993.jpg

2-the red beacon light and NAV lights get the interior (cabin and cockpit) bright , which would not be, duo to their installation place !!! 1319192430_beaconlightbug.thumb.jpg.5a751998537203e60254fd9aefdb31dd.jpg

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Super frustrating!

So is this a confirmed bug that will be fixed?

I haven't seen any official word on it yet :(

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

It's the same for me

Return to the release, waiting the fix

Hope that ED will not update the release before having fixing that.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

But the Huey is not the only one affected.

All non-official liveries on the MI-8 are affected too. We can see big squares on them.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1