VEAO & Hawk discussion (please mind the forum rules)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated in the newsletter, VEAO doesn't want ED to step in, as they are not giving out the source code. This means (to me), that VEAO are trying to sell the same HAWK on another platform (with less requirements for quality compared to DCS).

Hence my initial title that these :helpsmilie: deserved

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

As stated in the newsletter, VEAO doesn't want ED to step in, as they are not giving out the source code. This means (to me), that VEAO are trying to sell the same HAWK on another platform (with less requirements for quality compared to DCS).

Not at all surprising considering they opened another (or two more) studio(s) for flight sim development.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A well guys and girls. I bought it back in the day for the full price and I don't regret it.

I hate it now and I hated it back then but I always hoped it would be brought to decent level which never came. Like many others you could predict it wasn't going anywhere. That's why I never looked at the so called P40 project.

I don't want money from ED and I don't blame ED. It's VEAO and VEAO only right now that should be professional and say here guys take the basecode and try make the people that paid for it enjoy it. But that is even to much to ask for those m............! They can shove that money somewhere where the skies are not so clear.

ED learned, I learned and I'm glad we got rid of that piece of junk. All I want to see is the so called 3d party devs titles removed and the forum section destroyed. Nuke em nuke em all

My grandma used to say. '' i hope they spend all that money in medicine.."

:D

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Hence my initial title that these :helpsmilie: deserved

Not at all surprising considering they opened another (or two more) studio(s) for flight sim development.

The audacity these "devs" have... :badmood:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

We'll see. If that happens, I'm sure there will be some advice for their prospective customers from the DCS community. :smartass:

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

So, if I read the gossip right, VEAO has set up shop and is selling the Hawk just not through ED?

Well, should that be true (it's gossip to me at the moment), I would suggest a class action suit vs VEAO.

I've purchased everything that flies (plus all the maps, Combined Arms, a GPS module and a couple campaigns) from ED, most of which I do not fly regularly. I'm so in love with the Harrier and Hornet right now. Nevertheless, I will continue to buy what ED offers to me. I pre-purchased the F-14 as well as having just pre-purchased the Christen Eagle because I trust Eagle Dynamics.

With that said, I hope that this kind of DCS/VEAO crash and burn never happens again. I don't care about VEAO but am scared for ED's reputation as the world leader in flight sims.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

So, if I read the gossip right, VEAO has set up shop and is selling the Hawk just not through ED?

Well, should that be true (it's gossip to me at the moment), I would suggest a class action suit vs VEAO.

I've purchased everything that flies (plus all the maps, Combined Arms, a GPS module and a couple campaigns) from ED, most of which I do not fly regularly. I'm so in love with the Harrier and Hornet right now. Nevertheless, I will continue to buy what ED offers to me. I pre-purchased the F-14 as well as having just pre-purchased the Christen Eagle because I trust Eagle Dynamics.

With that said, I hope that this kind of DCS/VEAO crash and burn never happens again. I don't care about VEAO but am scared for ED's reputation as the world leader in flight sims.

Don't listen to gossip so much. ED already learned from it and as stated in the news demand the code from the devs if they don't support their birds anymore.

For the other stuff, we bought nothing more than a time license to use the Hawk as long as it is supported. I wish it would be otherwise but I had fun with it and don't complain even if I paid the full price at release in opposite to the OP.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bought the Hawk to support the community. At the time I thought it a good idea.

As VEAO consistently proved itself to not be part of that community by providing a product that did not meet the original agreed upon criteria outlined the the purchase agreement, I asked them for a refund. I was told that because I had purchased the Hawk through ED I would need to contact them.

Upon requesting a refund from ED, I was told no given a sub clause in the agreement of purchase which does not allow for refunds.

Months later, when the Hawk still had no reached its outlined perimeters I once again asked ED for a refund and was turned away.

Given the statement I see today, I'll take it as yet another backhanded slap in the face. I had already decided to not purchase modules to support the community and will continue on that trend given the reaffirmation of ED to not refund those of us who have been supporters in the past.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Don't read the gossip. People can't be bothered to actually do any research and are jumping to conclusions.

People are referring to either BlueSky (now also dissolved), or Porrima, which is a joint company set up in 2016! (and is effectively on hold according to its lack of assets in the account filing)

Of course, if Porrima keep going and their next accounts see a gain in assets, pitchforks are warranted.

Well, I think ED has learned a lesson here, and I think they should tighten their contracts even further. ED needs to demand the code if the project isn't finished within a certain timeline. Otherwise, the third party can throw out excuses, like they usually do, indefinitely. Looks like this is what VEAO was doing all along. A complete con job. *cough* Fighter Ops *cough*.

Edited by 3WA

Omg. You paid $15.99 3 years ago. Get over it. Tell me any other company that will give you a refund for something you bought 3 years ago. It costs that much to go to a movie nowadays and if you got 2 hours out of the Hawk then you got your entertainment. ED is being more than fair and it’s out of there hands on being able to support it. And now they have to support another version of their game so you might be able to still use it.

Omg. You paid $15.99 3 years ago. Get over it. Tell me any other company that will give you a refund for something you bought 3 years ago. It costs that much to go to a movie nowadays and if you got 2 hours out of the Hawk then you got your entertainment. ED is being more than fair and it’s out of there hands on being able to support it. And now they have to support another version of their game so you might be able to still use it.

+1

People complain about 16$ and demand refund for a product which was 3 years in use while paying hundreds and thousands of dollars for the flightsim gear. Looking at the sigs I see Warthogs, 1080TI Gpus, TrackIR, Cougars and sometimes even VR.

YGBSM :huh:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

People complain about 16$ and demand refund for a product which was 3 years in use while paying hundreds and thousands of dollars for the flightsim gear. Looking at the sigs I see Warthogs, 1080TI Gpus, TrackIR, Cougars and sometimes even VR.

YGBSM :huh:

The difference being, all that gear works as advertised and the money spent is warranted.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The difference being, all that gear works as advertised and the money spent is warranted.

If your gear fails after 2 years the money is gone.

Every game you buy via online distribution like Steam you only pay for a time license. Could be over at any time (even if not imaginable at the moment).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let's be honest here.

No serious player is going to maintain a 2.5.3 version just to fly the hawk.. especially given that it won't work with current online servers.

Even if I wanted to, I would not have enough SSD space left with both the open beta and current release version installed already.

I'll be completely honest though. Since may 2015 and my purchase I may have flown the hawk maybe 5 times... I was always hoping that it would be upgraded with something else than a SFM...

But I would certainly have appreciated ED just not telling its customers to take the hit... as I said. Even a small bonus would have been appreciated. It's not about the money. It's not about value of the plane. It's about the gesture. It's about telling your customers there has been an issue we were not guilty of, but we take some responsibilities for it, and you will not only be losers here.

Anyway. I appreciated you taking the time to answer me, and I apologize to you for not following the rules with my first thread/ my anger wasn't directed at ED though.

Ps: I haven't lost any confidence in anyone but VEAO and the clowns who managed it.

+1

I payed for a finished product, not a beta. I haven't "enjoyed" this plane at all. I bought it in beta in order of supporting the dev under the promise that, at some point, it would be finished and I could then truly enjoy it.

I indeed have lost confidence VEAO, but in ED and the rest of 3er parties too. If this happens with VEAO, why not with others? I'm not going to buy products for DCS in pre-purchase or beta again. Only finished and well proved products.

Edited by Quinto
If your gear fails after 2 years the money is gone.

Every game you buy via online distribution like Steam you only pay for a time license. Could be over at any time (even if not imaginable at the moment).

But that gear doesnt fail. Every game I have bought could be played today if I kept the equipment to run it.

This is about worth and fairness. Do you like not getting your money's worth? Is that some how ok with you? Let me simply state that it is not ok with me, ED has my money and I think it fair to be compensated given they approved the contract to VEAO and took my money for it.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I am thankful at least some players have been allowed a refund, even if that doesn't include myself having owned the Hawk since 2015. I would've liked a refund too and feel I deserve one, however with it being a purchase over 3 years ago of $27.99 I can understand not receiving one, and will do more research into developers in the future.

I hope this can be prevented from happening in future, and I have optimism for 3rd party modules. But I can understand why a large amount of players will not share a positive sentiment, and it will seem reasonable to many that it could occur to any other 3rd party developer too.

Ok I dont get it - those of us who bought the Hawk after October are entitled to a refund. Those of us who bought the Hawk before October arent. Why? Because we've had it longer? Its been in beta this whole time, now its vaporware. Ok, we still have access to it in 2.5.3, but in order to keep using it, we have to have (depending on how much terrain you own) a minimum of 25gb just to fly.

Im seriously disappointed. Having been a loyal customer, I feel like I just got tossed on the back burner while new customers get preferential treatment. I "was" going to put forth some cash to get the Christen Eagle today, now thats not going to happen.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

But that gear doesnt fail. Every game I have bought could be played today if I kept the equipment to run it.

This is about worth and fairness. Do you like not getting your money's worth? Is that some how ok with you? Let me simply state that it is not ok with me, ED has my money and I think it fair to be compensated given they approved the contract to VEAO and took my money for it.

1. That gear doesn't fail? :megalol: I don't know how much you play but I had my second Warthog until I changed to Virpil. And please lets not talk about Saitek rudders...Even if the crosswinds can fail some day...

2. Yes in a perfect world I would like a working Hawk for my money.

3. I think most of your money went to VEAO not ED. Do you think Amazon or Steam will refund you for a 3 year old game which isn't working anymore and you played several hours and was patched to death for example?

4. ED believed in the dev community, that was their only mistake. Do you guys think we were the only people fooled? They corrected it by getting hands on the code for future projects. Problem solved.

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. That gear doesn't fail? :megalol: I don't know how much you play but I had my second Warthog until I changed to Virpil. And please lets not talk about Saitek rudders...Even if the crosswinds can fail some day...

2. Yes in a perfect world I would like a working Hawk for my money.

3. I think most of your money went to VEAO not ED. Do you think Amazon or Steam will refund you for a 3 year old game which isn't working anymore and you played several hours and was patched to death for example?

4. ED believed in the dev community, that was their only mistake. Do you guys think we were the only people fooled? They corrected it by getting hands on the code for future projects. Problem solved.

Ok, your opinion varies from mine. Thats perfectly acceptable. There is no need to go further with this "conversation". You can "think" all you want, your opinion has been heard.

Happy Flying.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Although I can understand this is an unfortunate situation, and don't expect ED to refund all the Hawks bought, it would be nice from them to give us at least some bonus credits.

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

Ok, your opinion varies from mine. Thats perfectly acceptable. There is no need to go further with this "conversation". You can "think" all you want, your opinion has been heard.

Happy Flying.

Yeah, you are right.

The whole reason for my conversation was that I don't understand that you and others supported the community by buying the bird and because of one black sheep in the herd stop every support (at least in your comments). If this would be done by everybody I'm not sure we would see a F-14. Not to tell that Kickstarter would not exist any longer.

But as you correctly said, thats my personal opinion... I wont punish the complete dev community because of one bad guy. Maybe I'm a hopeless dreamer. But I can understand the frustration in these threads...

Edited by FSKRipper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]