Updater thinks game is V2.5.3.23954, when it is in fact 2.5.4.25729

SpicyMiG

The game will update to new version fine, but once updated, will ask if you want to update again - hitting yes will delete DCS.exe and a number of other files (2gb worth), and try to update, eventually installing the latest version - again. If I click "Later" the game will launch fine in the latest version, with MP working fine etc. However, I just bought the AJS-37 Viggen, and when I try to install it, I get this error message: "ERROR: Version 2.5.3.23954 is not available." and the updater quits, without installing the Viggen module. This is the entirety of the autoupdate_log file, essentially. Is there somewhere I can tell DCS that it's no longer on 2.5.3.23954? I would really rather not reinstall as I download at about 450kb/s right now with outages throughout the day due to a stormy season so it would take 5-6 days of straight downloading to reinstall.

Edit: bottom right of game menu indicates correct version number, 2.5.4.25729.

Edit 2: I have verified the updater itself is 2.9.7.80. Tried downloading the updater as provided, but get the same error.

Thanks.

SpicyMiG

Edited by SpicyMiG

Have you ran repair utility?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Have you ran repair utility?

Yes, it did nothing. The AJS-37 Viggen module does not want to install properly, so I'm hoping deleting it and repairing will work (since "deleting" it in-game does not actually do a thing at all except remove it from the bottom bar).

So it's not in your module manager?

Maybe raise a ticket or there is usually online chat on the eagle Dynamic's site might help.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 4 weeks later...

having a somewhat similar issue, running the updater as a Command line util and selecting @openbeta as the build target gives me the last major stable version, 2.5.3.24984 instead of 2.5.4.26368, attempting to update with @stable as the target gives the same issue "Version up to date"

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol: