OT: Sad F-14 video

Ukraine is the only nation with capability to design nuclear weapons that gave up all kinds of nuclear arms, that is admirable even though I can almost guarantee that financial factors played an important role in that. I know all this peace talk isn't fit for a combat flight sim, but IMHO digital violence is the only kind that should not be frowned upon. War is not fun/clean/tactical/surgical/cool/good no matter how you name it. Having said that I also realise that we are human beings that like to kill, rape, plunder and have feelings of jealousy...

This is a flight simulation GAME, we can talk what we like for entertainment because that is what it is, nothing more.

Mizzy

just a response to one of the guys over at Tomcat Sunset forums

2 or 3 years ago the Congress was complaining about the over spending of security at AMARC because it is a "boneyard" and there is no reason to protect the retired aircraft. NOW, they complain about how little of security there is and more random bull****........congress..............makes me sick in how stupid people can be.

If you build something the FBI will know too :P

Mizzy, I know it's a game for entertainment, but in the past I've seen some members of the 'younger generation' who think that fighting a war is some easy and clean business. While not having any personal experience with wars, I judge from the stories and videos (which might be wrong too, but to me it seems like pictures only show a tiny fraction of how really horrible it is), and seeing the things people do to eachother makes me want to disgust all warfare technology. On the other hand, I always like to see military aircraft, missiles, bombs, in short things that are meant to kill people. Call me a hypocrite :/

• Like 1

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Suppose all old airplanes will meet that fate unless they can find a home in a museum.

Must have a look on ebay. If I can find enough parts I might be able to build my very own F-14.

DPS.

I'd be happy with just a cockpit! :smilewink: but that's not going to happen.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

i dont know, i might be able to work something out with the Head guy at AMARC cause ive spoken with him before......he might be able to chop off an F-14 canopy for me. :D

From the list of destruction of the F-14's at AMARC, I heard somebody only say just 150 of them. Wouldnt mind me much if they were all F-14A's because they are pretty old and served well. The F-14B's and D's were my favorite with the shiny burner plates. :D

A B-1 converted for your own big lazy arse, with a bomb-bay pool, gold plated piddle bags and velvet ejection seat padding mixed nicely with some extinct jaguar fur. All the targeting systems have been removed and replaced by Atari arcade screens, while all the flight data is displayed on one LED screen (LED like on the F-16A, not like in OLED).

You get a Snake Plissken watch if you order it by the end of this month.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

ya know, AMARC only has a rule against selling "Fighter" aircraft to civilians/etc. Guess that means I can buy an A-4, AV-8, A-10, B-1, etc. :D :D :D :D

The I guess the owner of F-15# 80-0007 purchased this illegally.

Edit: Wrong airframe-corrected.

Nope. There was a MiG-21 up for sale and some japanese businessman purchased it and placed it in the lobby of his tower. I recall a few years back a kid (about 14 or so years old) sold an MD-500 Defender on ebay. Kid got into a lot of deep doodoo when not only his parents found out but the US Army.

The F-14A's that are being scrapped are airframes that:

Have been at AMARG (not AMARC anymore) for 10-15 years.

Never recieved the A2G upgrades, including even basic LGB capability.

Have already been very picked over, and arent in the best of shape.

Some dont even have the TCS and NACA gun gas purge vents!

No great loss here folks, they never would have been returned to service, EVER. There are still alot of F-14B's and D's in the war ready reserve, and they wont be going anywhere.

topGraphic.gif

No great loss here folks, they never would have been returned to service, EVER. There are still alot of F-14B's and D's in the war ready reserve, and they wont be going anywhere.

I hope you're right. The media, however, is reporting that some of the aircraft being shredded conducted airstrikes in Afghanistan in 2001. I would assume such aircraft wouldn't be As and would have A to G upgrades installed as a bare minimum.

That being said, it wouldn't be the first time the media got the facts wrong. Hell, in the video I posted they show F-18s being launched while the narator continues talking about F-14s.

CanadaDave

Hell, in the video I posted they show F-18s being launched while the narator continues talking about F-14s.

Haha, Aussie news is sometimes off like that.

I saw a movie once, n the guy was like 'Send up 2 f-16s!'

Like a minute later I see these 4 F-15 streak eagles pop up..???

Is breaking the laws of gravity illegal?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]