Coastline Mod

TekaTeka

I think I already did :P

Anyway, since you are on such a roll with these mods TekaTeka, I thought I would run this by you and see if you had any ideas.

When flying a mission where there is fog (300m thickness, 1000m density in these screenshots but any fog will produce the effect), fences around buildings and airbases begin to "glow" when viewed from a sufficiently high angle.

I have the same glitch after installing a runway surface Mod.

I had this glowing fence ever since I installed LO 1.0, no matter of drivers, GPU, CPU and graphic settings fence and powerlines always glow in the fog.

Perhaps it's electrified. :music_whistling:

Same thing happens with the clouds...That's what I see during overcast on upper cloud layer:

ScreenShot_037.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

Have tried someone this mod with an 8800 GT card?

I have the ASUS 8800 GT and it seems this mod has no effect on my Lock On. The drivers are 169.21, and I've tried both mods, for 4x anisotropic and higher, and 2x or no AF. With or without anisotropic and antialiasing I see the same horrible coastline:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=2250

I have tried everything to solve this issue, and the only way I have found is setting Haze to Basic, but this downgrade a lot the image quality...

I hope this will be fixed in Black Shark :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had this glowing fence ever since I installed LO 1.0, no matter of drivers, GPU, CPU and graphic settings fence and powerlines always glow in the fog.

Perhaps it's electrified. :music_whistling:

Same thing happens with the clouds...That's what I see during overcast on upper cloud layer:

ScreenShot_037.jpg

I only get clouds like that when I'm flying relatively close to them. I think the problem with the clouds is how the sim renders them. I've read that they're done in a similar way to how IL2 does trees; lots of flat images stacked on top of each other. From above and especially at a distance, it gives the illusion of 3D clouds or trees. Not so much when close.