[REPORTED] P-51 D-25 - no fuel in tanks

Reflected

I placed a P-51 at an airfield in the mission editor and set the fuel to 100%, but when I loaded up the mission, the aircraft's fuel load was at 67%.

Whenever I moved the slider to 100% fuel in the "rearm and refuel" menu and hit the ok button in order to refuel, the refueling noises play, but the aircraft never finishes refueling.

Yes, I found this too. When you start up and taxi, the crewman says "Hey what are you doing?" So it seems the refuelling doesn't finish.

I am running the latest OB, on Deadlyfishes' TTI Normandy WW2 SP offline.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

is the external tanks also bugged? as when I try and switch to them the engine cuts out? if they drew straight into the main/wing tanks then there's no point to the cockpit switch over.

also there is mention in the manual that the fuselage tank gauge is behind the pilot? where? as that also cuts out the engine when switched too.

seems I only have wing tanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I've just created a simple mission with full fuel and drop tanks and noticed the engine cough when trying the external tanks on the ground. I was just following advice to check each tank for 30s or so on the ground if they feed properly (based on Reflected's video, actually, although he didn't mention drop tanks). I checked manual for details, couldn't find any. I checked forums and found various fuel-related bugs with drop tanks going back to even 2013. Is this still a thing, or is it something new?

If it is a known limitation, is it mentioned somewhere (including manual) in an obvious manner?

(I know I don't NEED drop tanks for a typical DCS mission... but they are there, it was one of the first things I wanted to try.)

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

You need at least 1500RPM (or more) to draw fuel from external fuel tanks.

• Thanks 2

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

2 hours ago, saburo_cz said:

You need at least 1500RPM (or more) to draw fuel from external fuel tanks.

Yes, you're right, thank you very much. I can't find the info in the manual, but knowing what you told me, one can see the drop in the fuel pressure and if RPM is higher it doesn't happen.

Also confusing... this is still marked only as reported, so it's easy to latch on that information. However, there seems to be some fuel in the tanks... with a bit higher RPM. It works with less than 1500 as well, but 1500 seems to be a good minimum value showing the fuel pressure in green. Thanks again!

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube