M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

Magic slave to radar: What's the difference between this and what we already have with the slave that turns the rectangle into the triangle?

Magic slave to radar has been there for years, and is in fact what you are saying: bring the Magic seeker to lock the radar contact and have a "double lock" (i.e. the triangle). But it's not something new, at all.

Radar to magic: I guess the only upside of this is that you get the range and firing cues or have I missed something?

It's the opposite of what we had already: you can now turn a Magic lock to a radar contact, obtaining the "double lock" again.

Manual DO: When would you use it and how does it work?

Using the VTB switches you can "create" a radar contact manually by entering its position, course, speed and altitude. To do that, click on "DEB" (top left switch of the VTB), change the data you need with the other switches, and then "FIN" (again, top left switch of the VTB). I think it's used to do air interception with radar off, when you have an AWACS/GSI directing you to the contact.

Magic slave to radar has been there for years, and is in fact what you are saying: bring the Magic seeker to lock the radar contact and have a "double lock" (i.e. the triangle). But it's not something new, at all.

It's the opposite of what we had already: you can now turn a Magic lock to a radar contact, obtaining the "double lock" again.

Using the VTB switches you can "create" a radar contact manually by entering its position, course, speed and altitude. To do that, click on "DEB" (top left switch of the VTB), change the data you need with the other switches, and then "FIN" (again, top left switch of the VTB). I think it's used to do air interception with radar off, when you have an AWACS/GSI directing you to the contact.

Thanks a lot!

Would be interesting to hear more views about the manual DO. What would you achieve with mapping a contact manually? I mean you can't use that for targeting anyway.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Thanks a lot!

Would be interesting to hear more views about the manual DO. What would you achieve with mapping a contact manually? I mean you can't use that for targeting anyway.

Well, I guess it's handy to have the contact on the VTB to check the interception course. But I agree, I would also love to hear from other people

Thanks a lot!

You can use it go on a intercept course and work with your radar to find it. Manual DO will help you to know where to look for.

For example, you would get a report that a plane was seen 5mn ago at 260°/10Nm from waypoint 3, was heading 350° at 25000 , mach 0.8. You enter those data in the VTB and you'll get on VTB an extrapolation of where the target should be now helping you to intercept it.

It's well explained in the m2000 RDM manual with an example.

Of course, it wont be the most useful feature. We will use automatic DO way more often.

Loving the work done on the Mirage the last few months!

You can use it go on a intercept course and work with your radar to find it. Manual DO will help you to know where to look for.

For example, you would get a report that a plane was seen 5mn ago at 260°/10Nm from waypoint 3, was heading 350° at 25000 , mach 0.8. You enter those data in the VTB and you'll get on VTB an extrapolation of where the target should be now helping you to intercept it.

It's well explained in the m2000 RDM manual with an example.

Of course, it wont be the most useful feature. We will use automatic DO way more often.

Loving the work done on the Mirage the last few months!

Interesting! Where can I find that manual?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

It could be found on internet a while ago, might still be available. It's in French though.

Anybody care to PM a link or just state the name of the document so I can crawl on my own? :D

The DO input parameters (after you click DEB):

N: waypoint number (could also be 00 = self)

Rho and Theta: polar coordinates of the reported target from the waypoint (Rho = distance in NM, Theta = heading in degrees)

Z: altitude of the target in hundreds of feet

C: heading of target in degrees

M: speed of target in Mach

T: age of the report (in minutes.seconds)

Example:

Report is "5 min 30 seconds ago, waypoint number 6 saw a hostile flying at Mach 1.4 30000 ft at 10 NM in direction 130. He was heading for 260"

Enter the following data:

- Press DEB

- Select 06 for N

- Select 10 for Rho

- Select 130 for Theta

- Select 300 for Z

- Select 260 for C

- Select 1,4 for M

- Select 5.30 for T

- Press FIN

look for ''mirage 2000-c manuel pilote'' on google

pdf can be found on http://www.airwar.ru

Thanks! I got already got it through PM though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...