M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

MyHelljumper is right (how are you jump' ? It's been a while !). The D2M is used only with D variants. [...]

I'm fine and you ?

I heard that the D2M would consume as much as a Magic, reducing the cooling time by half if both the missile and the D2M are cooled.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

MyHelljumper is right (how are you jump' ? It's been a while !). The D2M is used only with D variants.

If you want some precisions about this : it's all about Nitrogen. (Maybe some of you already know this). The notrigen used to cool the Magic sensor is located in the bottle inside the 2255 launcher. The problem is that the D2M also need to use nitrogen to cool its sensor. The solution found by the manufacturers/designers was to extend the 2255 launcher to hold a bigger nitrogen bottle, thus resulting in the 2255A launcher ( ''A'' for ''Allongé'', extended) used on the D and N. But it's not over, even if you have a bigger bottle, the D2m proved to be a big Nitrogen consumer, thus reducing the Magic's ability to cool itself, a big part of the nitrogen being used by the D2M. Combine this elements with the fact that -5 and C are not supposed to be used in very low altitude, and that the D (and N back in the day) were not supposed to use their Magics, the Armée de l'Air came to the logical choice to use the D2M only on their mud movers versions.

I need to confirm this but the D2M on the 2000C is available and working, but none of 2000 C and -5 squadrons have D2m in their stock. This last part is to take with caution, I don't know if 2000C sent to support 2000D in air-ground missions in africa were equipped with D2m for this specific mission, it's possible.

There is a “Guerrelec” article out there explaining that the Mirage 2000N needed software update to use D2M.

I never found any source about the same modification on Mirage 2000C neither any picture.

dsc_7018.jpg

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

MyHelljumper, I'm pretty fine, currently at my type rating on 2000 at Luxueil. Unfortunately the timming is bad lol, I had weapons security module last week. If I knew, I would have asked the ''pétaf'' instructor some clarification about this.

Jojo : the ability of the 2000N to use the DDM was a supposition from me since they have the same mission than the D (at the end of their life at least), but you can be right as there are many software/avionics differences between N and D. Unfortunately I don't have any instructor with experience on N, they are all from -5 and D squadrons so i'll not be able to have clarification. I'll check the ''Guerrelec'' article if I find it. Thanks !

MyHelljumper, I'm pretty fine, currently at my type rating on 2000 at Luxueil. Unfortunately the timming is bad lol, I had weapons security module last week. If I knew, I would have asked the ''pétaf'' instructor some clarification about this.

Jojo : the ability of the 2000N to use the DDM was a supposition from me since they have the same mission than the D (at the end of their life at least), but you can be right as there are many software/avionics differences between N and D. Unfortunately I don't have any instructor with experience on N, they are all from -5 and D squadrons so i'll not be able to have clarification. I'll check the ''Guerrelec'' article if I find it. Thanks !

Here it is:

libye-2011-0116.jpg

:smilewink:

Overall the story is like this:

- it was plan ed from the beginning.

- it was ready but not procured to save some money

- a Mirage 2000N went down over Bosnia by MANPAD, Mirage IVP and Etendard IV P did have some close call.

- DDM was finally procured.

http://www.guerrelec.asso.fr/archives/lettre13fr.pdf

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Folks, The M-2000C is scheduled for systems overhaul. Based on feedback from the Armée de l'Air the following systems will be updated/upgraded:

• Poste de Commande Armement (PCA): Weapons Control Panel
  • Poste de Preparation Armement (PPA): Weapons Configuration Panel
  • RDI Radar: functionality and control panel.
  • Poste de Commande Navigation (PCN): Navigation Panel
  • RWR.
  • VTH (HUD)
  • VTB (Radar Display)
  • HOTAS
  • NVG
  • Flight Manual

The functionality of some of these devices will be changed and thus you will have to relearn them again.

The manual will be updated to incorporate these changes.

These updates started to be applied in which month? Thank You!:thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Most likely sometime after MiG-19 release sadly, Zeus hasn't stated yet on whether M2000 overhaul is already being workd on. We'll see what he posts next...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

True! I forgot! How disappointing. :glare: Let's see if Zeus posts in here within the next week (progress status)...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Business as usual.

I just don't take for granted any of the statement from the team now ; we're already in February and the overhaul should be completed by May 2019 according their october status update. It seems a lot to do in just four months.

If they succeed to deliver, good for them to keep their word for once if not it will be just a continuous streak of missed deadlines.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

It seems a lot to do in just four months.

Yes, and we don't even know why the MiG-19 isn't released yet, or? (from the last video, it looked finished to me, only thing I noticed is green gear light still on

)

I am pretty happy with their decision to postpone the MiG-19 launch, I think it's the right thing to do.

Plus, this is not the same team working on the MiG, those guys told they would deliver a complete module and they seem to stick to it, we cannot blame them for being true to their word.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

this is not the same team working on the MiG,

source please?

Razbam is the source.

Mig-19 is the cuban´s team from Razbam.

Wrong Cuban is not related to that team at all and RAZBAM have never stated Mig had their own coders RAZBAM coders aka Zeus and CptSmiley worked on it. Until recently where they hired a new coder for Harrier. Team difference were only at arts side as OverStratos worked on it.

I mean Razbam team members living in Cuba are working on the Mig-19. Thats what i´ve read not long ago.

Nothing about cubanace.

Of course i can be wrong but thats the info i´ve read.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Source please ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3680891&postcount=58

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3617904&postcount=95

and considering CptSmiley is their only FM guy.

I'm not interpreting anything and talking about only known RAZBAM associates and considering Zeus was the main Harrier/Mirage code dev, It seems there has been some change in the background. They might still have another coder in the back but then why did Zeus did all those work?

Not to mention they posted this back in the day promising no impact on projects.

https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/1188489004571069

December 2016

Both projects have zero (0) impact on current schedule so Harrier fans (and both Mirage as well) should not worry at all.

I don't have a Facebook account and never read this update until today, this is priceless. December 2016. Thank you for the links))

All I see here is they're from Ecuador and have 2 programmers. https://razbamsimulations.com/index.php/our-team

Also, 21.5k thread views, whoa!

Edited by DanielNL

Folks, The M-2000C is scheduled for systems overhaul. Based on feedback from the Armée de l'Air the following systems will be updated/upgraded:

• Poste de Commande Armement (PCA): Weapons Control Panel
  • Poste de Preparation Armement (PPA): Weapons Configuration Panel
  • RDI Radar: functionality and control panel.
  • Poste de Commande Navigation (PCN): Navigation Panel
  • RWR.
  • VTH (HUD)
  • VTB (Radar Display)
  • HOTAS
  • NVG
  • Flight Manual

The functionality of some of these devices will be changed and thus you will have to relearn them again.

The manual will be updated to incorporate these changes.

Hi Zeus67,

Could you please shed some light as to when the pilot body might be made available again for the M-2000C?

Sincerely

mobua

I would just like to send a message of encouragement to the whole team, thank you for your work.

Stay on course.

Not only here, but everywhere you can read messages of impatience, misunderstanding (like, it should already be fixed, but if it were that simple you'd already have the perfect simulator, right?). Some people should remember that their mother did not make them in a hurry (yes?).

So give time to time, and instead of pressing F5 all the time, go to the cinema, take care of your loved ones, and when you come back you will have the good surprise to see that things have evolved, at their own pace, but they are evolving!

You have the choice to live in the meantime, enjoy it.

There's nothing serious in this world, unless you lose your life