DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Cockpit looks outstanding already. But the external model and textures need a lot of work to match the quality of the F/A-18 or F-14B.

My biggest concern is, if the the flight model is well detailed. Did experienced former or actual pilots of the Viper help testing and develope? Or is this all just based on data and guessing? DCS is a simulator where i expect to get as much close-to-realism out of a module as possible. No less. A competitor does have the feedback and testing of such personnel.

Besides that, the F-14B shows how it should be and the F/A-18 is a good module too. I hope for the best.

Keep up the good work ED. What i see so far makes me happy.

kind regards, MKev

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

Cockpit looks outstanding already. But the external model and textures need a lot of work to match the quality of the F/A-18 or F-14B.

My biggest concern is, if the the flight model is well detailed. Did experienced former or actual pilots of the Viper help testing and develope? Or is this all just based on data and guessing? DCS is a simulator where i expect to get as much close-to-realism out of a module as possible. No less. A competitor does have the feedback and testing of such personel.

Besides that, the F-14B shows how it should be and the F/A-18 is a good module too. I hope for the best.

Keep up the good work ED.

kind regards, MKev

F-16 flight data is available due to extensive testing by NASA with the F-16 and has been published in open sources.

I have no doubt that the flight model is going to be as exacting and refined as the Hornet and Tomcat have been.

Now the Viper is on pre-sale' date=' can i use the 12$ bonus i have saved up on my bonus account to partially pay for the module ?:joystick:[/quote']

No, you've never been able to use bonus points for pre-orders or brand new modules

Our focus will first be on actual F-16CM USAF/ANF operators, and then we can do some "what if" skins as we did for the Hornet.

Thanks

Italy had f16 block 15 for 12 years as a stopgap measure due to the ef2000 delays...after the block 50 operators thee will be a possibility for an AMI skin?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

What about RNZAF skin for New Zealand....we 'almost' had them lol :disgust: :bye_3::bye_3:

After thousands of hours in Falcon 4:0, experiencing the Viper I am so familiar with in VR with DCS quality is going to be amazing!

I am actually quite surprised ED haven't released a high fidelity F-16 aircraft sooner in DCS to entice more 'veteran' Falcon 4.0 pilots..we aint getting any younger! :laugh:

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Preordered and now looking forward to Autumn...

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Is the F16 going to release with ground radar?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Is the F16 going to release with ground radar?

No, that's in the "Phase 2 Product Sustainment"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Matt Wagner mentioned in his video from yesterday that the F16 has a "...cockpit optimized for VR..." I'm curious what that means. Does it mean the labels are larger for better readability (something needed for all planes in DCS)? Or does it mean the model gets higher frame rates? Both? Something else?

I'm also interested in the training missions to be included. I'm curious about the syllabus for that training program...goodness knows I can use more training! :smartass::pilotfly::joystick:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Matt Wagner mentioned in his video from yesterday that the F16 has a "...cockpit optimized for VR..." I'm curious what that means. Does it mean the labels are larger for better readability (something needed for all planes in DCS)? Or does it mean the model gets higher frame rates? Both? Something else?...

I think he said that like others DCS study sim aircrafts the F-16 is 6 dof and designed for VR.

The text for this module, like f.e. the f-18, just says VR support.

I don't think he said something particular to F-16 about VR.

But maybe, with no mirrors and 2 "viewports" like A10c ( against 3 for F-18 ), the F-16 will be a good VR performer.

Edited by toutenglisse

Matt Wagner mentioned in his video from yesterday that the F16 has a "...cockpit optimized for VR..." I'm curious what that means. Does it mean the labels are larger for better readability (something needed for all planes in DCS)? Or does it mean the model gets higher frame rates? Both? Something else?

I'm also interested in the training missions to be included. I'm curious about the syllabus for that training program...goodness knows I can use more training! :smartass::pilotfly::joystick:

I think he just refers to the bubble canopy that allows excellent visibility.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro