worth the buy?

thrustvector

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's working on 2.5.3

What I don't like and might be a consideration before buying is: when you load the missions in the mission editor, it appears they are all forced into game flight mode and game avionic mode.

But it's worth the money anyway.

Edited by pietpuk

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I finished the campaign yesterday, and I enjoyed it very much and highly recommend it!

I had to skip a mission or two due to incompabilities with DCS World 2.5.5 (stable), e.g. due to search light not being effective in this version.

Overall it's a very well made campaign, challenging and teaching you new flight skills, immersive with a good story. Thank you very much, Greg and team!

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

• 11 months later...

EDIT 13/01/21: This campaign is hard, very hard. Sometimes discouraging....BUT, but....All THE SKILLS i had to improve, the Data i had to grab about this chopper Turn that's becoming amazing. Now hovering for +5mn with tail cross wind, or managing heavy sling loads are fine for me.

Thanks to the designer. My apologies.

It's worth it 

(First and dumbfull EPidermic reaction No it's not: Several missions are night mission with STUPID idea of NOT using NVG, Making it impossible to achieve, so i am on mission 10, and that's the third mission i will have to skip. Mission 8 IS a JOKE !!! (??) I can't stand the CAPTAIN anymore !

Plus, you can't use cheating like immortal or unlimited munitions.....I don't see the point, IT'S MY SIDE TO DECIDE.

I want fun, not torture !

Though, the story  and scenario are OK, and some missions with sling load are quite challenging, you have in overall to be a REALLY good pilot !

Usually i'm cool with DCS campaign, But this ARGO /AS IS/ is 1 mission out of three a real pain, the designers shouldn't enforce some settings (NVG, immortal, unlimited ammo etc...)

For NVG, there's a way to enforce it: by mapping the command on a two state switch. If it's on at mission start, well, it bypass the NO NVG trigger.

Very sorry, nothing personal GREG)

Edited by pieroboy99
my english is poor