What after the F18

Fonz_408

• ED Team
Wow so the increased octane is good to hear for the mustang. I know there is allot of questions about that in the forums.

Its just a matter of adding it in a way that is as realistic as possible, including the risks of using the higher octane, the ability for Mission designers remove if they wish to, etc.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The Ka-50 is getting reworked, I believe the cockpit is ongoing as we speak. When I update my dev build, I see many times the Hind getting updates, so active development there. Polychop is working on the Bo-105 right now. As for the video, it was also shy on A-10C footage, but trailers can only be so long before they turn into short films, helo guys are not forgotten. All aspects of the sim have a bright future.

Thanks Nineline for the encouraging words. But the video is still making us feel like second class. The only rotaries we saw were 2 (most likely) AI Mi-24 in a foggy distance for about less than 1 second and for cosmetic reason.

I can tell you I feel really depressed right now.

F14, F15, F16, F18,.... great. What's the difference anyway. They are all doing the same. There is so much more to do with choppers, but we have to make do with the only 4 aircraft available...

Edited by BaD CrC

Rotaries are one of the strongest points of DCS, it's where DCS beats ANYTHING in comparison.

There could be so much interesting to be added, but... F16. Meh. Pretty much a F18 without Carrier Ops :(

Kinda logical in terms of efforts versus $$ for ED, but I can't help feeling disapointed.

I'll probably pass on the Falcon, tbh

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

You can move personal to other projects, starting them as 3D modellers, texturizers, and some coders, meanwhile the system engineers, testers and other personal complete the in progress module.

It amazes me that people don't understand this, and if the system is built correctly it is easy to build other aircraft from a modular system. It seems that Eagle Dynamics is building the foundation which is allowing them to produce aircraft at a more rapid pace.

Rotaries are one of the strongest points of DCS, it's where DCS beats ANYTHING in comparison.

There could be so much interesting to be added, but... F16. Meh. Pretty much a F18 without Carrier Ops :(

Kinda logical in terms of efforts versus $$ for ED, but I can't help feeling disapointed.

The Falcon flight characteristics are completely different and will provide a good aggressor against the F/A-18. Hopefully, it brings in more people which will help fund more projects. It looks like there will be some more updates to the weather engine as well.

It amazes me that people don't understand this, and if the system is built correctly it is easy to build other aircraft from a modular system. It seems that Eagle Dynamics is building the foundation which is allowing them to produce aircraft at a more rapid pace.

Exactly. the Hornet is paving the way for that. Evident in what they said about the F-16 in the past months.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I'm not crying, you're crying. Can't wait. I love this simulator. From where it started with Sublogic Flight Simulator to this. Thank you for everything. One small request, we really need proper ATC to make it unbeatable.

I'm kinda weird and maybe a bit OCD, but every time I come to the hold short and can't request takeoff I wanna rip someones head off.

100% Agree with you Whisper. Fixed wing boys will tell you it's different of course, but they are completely lacking the perspective. If you can fly an F18, you will certainly be able to land a F16 or pretty much any FXX at the first attempt. In the chopper world, it doesn't matter how fluent you are on one platform, switching to another one will force you to re learn everything from scratch. You will instantly fall from God to Noob. This is what I call a real difference of flight model.

Super stoked to see hype on the F-16! My grandfather worked his career for General Dynamics in the F-16 program so I very happy to see it. I think it IS an appropriate and timely addition to the line up. Very pleased it is going to be managed in-house. Multi-role, aggressor ... this will help fill out the line up.

So we want more soviet aircraft and helis? Yes! But I wouldn't like to shelf the Viper for that. (personally I would like to see a Mig-25 and then AH-64D)

For those of you who are also low-life civilian flight simulator scum (myself included), Navigraph posted their 2018 flight sim survey results and it turns out the majority of simulator users are 43 year old males living in the USA making 50k a year w/full time job and hold 4 year college degree. I was shocked to see that statistic. SHOCKED I TELL YOU! /s

http://blog.navigraph.com/post/181243982766/flightsim-community-survey-2018-results

I'm sure ED is aware of their customer stats, therefore the viper is a wise choice imho.

Edited by Avarien
grammar

F-16 is on the way.. F-22.... nah..not for a long time.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

100% Agree with you Whisper. Fixed wing boys will tell you it's different of course, but they are completely lacking the perspective. If you can fly an F18, you will certainly be able to land a F16 or pretty much any FXX at the first attempt. In the chopper world, it doesn't matter how fluent you are on one platform, switching to another one will force you to re learn everything from scratch. You will instantly fall from God to Noob. This is what I call a real difference of flight model.

Yeah, I'm glad for those who want the F-16, and it's not out of spite that I'll take a pass on it, but with the F-14 I'll be full up on fixed wings. Now give me a new good helo model, however, and I'm all over it. Mi-24 is something I'm really antsy for, and I was over the moon when a Stallion variant was being teased a year ago as a possible project.

Just one bigger helo would be so amazing! Stallion, Chinook?

I agree with the Heli fans. DCS really could use a couple more. Mi-24 and an AH-1 would be a good start. I also hope that in 2019 we see some effort and attention put towards lights in DCS. Night time environment needs a serious overhaul. From AC lights to ground/object, and even just night time ambient the current state does just does not work well. ED needs to come up with a new way of doing them that actually works in a somewhat realistic way. It deserves some attention in 2019.

I care almost as much about the quality of the environment I am flying in as I do the aircraft I am piloting.

F-16 will be cool for sure. Bubble canopy with wide FOV VR is gonna be awesome.

F-16 is unmissable in DCS World.. It's a mile stone and still essential for military aviation of whole world.

So in the last official ED Video we can see the unmistakable silhouette of the "Viper".. :thumbup:

In 2018 ED has released a lot of important upgrades for aircraft, maps and a lot of work has been done to take this wonderfull product as near as possible to the real life.. still more near.

For the future I could dream to have an F-15E Strike Eagle (starting from the C version existing in DCS). (After the F-16 obviously).

All planes of FC3 are incredible aircrafts.. both USA & Russian aircrafts. So I dream to have the version with interactive cockpit of these.

While for the attack helicopters we have the KA-50 and SA 342 Gazelle. So we could dream, one day, to have the two iconic helicopters named: AH-64 LongBow and Mi-24 Hind.

If we want to dream let's do it at the highest level... :smilewink:

For now thank's to ED team for what they are doing for simulators world.

You all are a FIVE STARS Team! :thumbup:

Edited by Joker69°

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

F16 in 2019 .. Im speechless and cannot thank you enough for this move.

its logic and so much welcome by the fanbase,

furthermore the VIPER is still such a wide spread and important fighter jet around the globe .. and it is sexy as hell !

Thanks WAGS and Team for this great move ...

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

What after the F18

I agree with the Heli fans. DCS really could use a couple more. Mi-24 and an AH-1 would be a good start. I also hope that in 2019 we see some effort and attention put towards lights in DCS. Night time environment needs a serious overhaul. From AC lights to ground/object, and even just night time ambient the current state does just does not work well. ED needs to come up with a new way of doing them that actually works in a somewhat realistic way. It deserves some attention in 2019.

I care almost as much about the quality of the environment I am flying in as I do the aircraft I am piloting.

F-16 will be cool for sure. Bubble canopy with wide FOV VR is gonna be awesome.

The main issue with lights for me is the cockpit/obscured surface leaks, nothing worst than turning on your strobe in the huey and having it light up and revolve around in the cockpit, same with the nav lights, even in the Hornet we have those kind of leaks like the landing light, pretty sure ED is aware of it and will fix this

By the way AH-1 and MI-24 are already announced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simflyin' since 1985 :smartass:

The very last frames of Wags Xmas video has the F-16 in the shadow.... ??!!?? :smilewink:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X