What after the F18

Fonz_408

So I know we are along way from done with the F18 updates.. my question is what happens when its done? Blue side will have a state of the art PFM, with great systems and a unmatched fighter/strike model, Oh dont forget blue is get the F14 as well.. so what is Red getting? To match these models ????

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

Hopefully they will stop building new modules for a spell and concentrate on fixing the engine. Lighting, ATC AI models and performance all need some fixing to name but a few.

SD

Still have to make money!

My bet.....F-16

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Well that's not going to help.. one moe PFM fly by wire blue jet

Id like to see a SU model with the detail of the F18

Not going to happen anytime soon. Too delicate. See Nick Grey Q&A thread by Nineliner.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Hopefully they will stop building new modules for a spell and concentrate on fixing the engine. Lighting, ATC AI models and performance all need some fixing to name but a few.

SD

especially the AI models. some of them look really bad.

ED is already working on the F-16 with pretty high priority (the F-4 Phantom II got put on hold for that). They can reuse a lot of the work they put into the Hornet for the Viper.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ED is already working on the F-16 with pretty high priority (the F-4 Phantom II got put on hold for that). They can reuse a lot of work from the Hornet for the Viper.

That's was always the plan I believe for the F-16. Using the new base technology that's been and still being created for the F/A-18.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

SD

I don't think that the same people who work on the modules work on the rest of the game as well.

What after the F18

So I know we are along way from done with the F18 updates.. my question is what happens when its done? Blue side will have a state of the art PFM, with great systems and a unmatched fighter/strike model, Oh dont forget blue is get the F14 as well.. so what is Red getting? To match these models ????

Let’s see, mig-19 and mig-23 is coming from RAZBAM? Also, let’s not forget that an obvious country’s military is limiting ED from developing airframes much more than another obvious country’s military. If that wasn’t the case you would see much more balanced development for both sides.

*Not directed at OP*

If you want to get angry about it, get angry with your comrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Vote for Red Party

Guys,

I´d like to have the MiG-29 or SU27/33 with same cockpitdetail as F/A-18... Another blue jet would be absolutely waste...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Guys,

I´d like to have the MiG-29 or SU27/33 with same cockpitdetail as F/A-18... Another blue jet would be absolutely waste...

Read post #6!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Im surprised that no one mentioned that the F14A could theoretically be used in OPFOR/RED missions/scenarios. After all Iran still has some.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Im surprised that no one mentioned that the F14A could theoretically be used in OPFOR/RED missions/scenarios. After all Iran still has some.

Yup, realistically the Hormuz map opens up alot of blue on blue action. Iran has/had F14A, F5, and F4's. Along with some donated Mig29's.

Still would be nice to see some older migs and blue air in that case (F4 vs mig21/23).... Or a Su-17...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I would appreciate it if ED cares more about their previous modules. For example cockpit update of the Mi-8, Ka-50, A-10C, ... and of course the further development of the grandiose Fa-18C.

Dear developers, do not throw new modules into the market at short intervals, we consumers are hardly ever able to learn all these modules. Also take care of your old modules!

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

SD

Hear! hear! They need to put some resources on their world environment. It has huge areas that need serious focus and major improvement.

I don't think that the same people who work on the modules work on the rest of the game as well.

They are what, a 75-100 person company now after absorbing Belsimtek? Once you start doing the man hour math, assuming these are actual full-time employees and not a part-time gig for them, the lack of progress in some areas is baffling. We are talking 12,000 hrs per month at 75 emp working only 40 hrs a week(of course not all those employees are devs/artists/coders..some do have admin duties..so shave 1k or 2k hrs off total maybe). And in software, 40hrs a week is actually lite from my exp. So, once you have had a few years with DCS one does start to wonder where the results of all those hours are given the current state of things.. :music_whistling:

Edited by Torso

Don't forget the F15E is coming as well.. I just fell alittle sorry for the mig/Su drivers playing out dated models Vs great PFM, and to sum it up a Mig23 will not stand a chance vs a Finished F18/F16/F14/F15....

Edited by Fonz_408

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

ED is already working on the F-16 with pretty high priority (the F-4 Phantom II got put on hold for that). They can reuse a lot of the work they put into the Hornet for the Viper.

Sounds reasonable and so much fingers crossed that THIS is really the case going on at ED :thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hear! hear! They need to put some resources on their world environment. It has huge areas that need serious focus and major improvement.

They are what, a 75-100 person company now after absorbing Belsimtek? Once you start doing the man hour math, assuming these are actual full-time employees and not a part-time gig for them, the lack of progress in some areas is baffling. We are talking 12,000 hrs per month at 75 emp working only 40 hrs a week(of course not all those employees are devs/artists/coders..some do have admin duties..so shave 1k or 2k hrs off total maybe). And in software, 40hrs a week is actually lite from my exp. So, once you have had a few years with DCS one does start to wonder where the results of all those hours are given the current state of things.. :music_whistling:

Since you seem to be such a good armchair CEO, how many man hours do you think a full IR engine redesign + ground radar technology simulation + dynamic campaign + enhanced damage simulation will take? :doh:

I would appreciate it if ED cares more about their previous modules. For example cockpit update of the Mi-8, Ka-50, A-10C, ... and of course the further development of the grandiose Fa-18C.

Dear developers, do not throw new modules into the market at short intervals, we consumers are hardly ever able to learn all these modules. Also take care of your old modules!

A-10C and Ka-50 cockpits rework were announced for 2019 IIRC :thumbup:

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

People keep saying blue planes with PFM. You realise all the FC3 Russian jets have a PFM, right? Mig-29 just got one and it's awesome. Cockpit isn't clickable and some of the lights don't work, but other than that it looks very good.

Anyway, I thought the usual complaint was that the simpler systems make FC3 planes too strong in MP, not too weak. OK the F/A-18 has fancy toys like 9X but that has nothing to do with PFM.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4