Hawk and 2.5.4

1)Not only have the majority of people posting here never read a software EULA, it’s like they’ve never even heard of them.

It’s ok, I don’t read EULA’s anymore because they all say the same thing. I’ll summarize: You don’t own the software, you have purchased a license to use it. This license may expire at any time for any reason.

Seriously, every keyboard lawyer here needs to go read the EULA for DCS World. ED has the right to turn the lights off on the whole show if they have to, are directed to, or just flippin feel like it!

None of this is new, it’s how software has worked since the 1980’s.

2) I honestly can’t believe anyone pr-epurchased the P-40 after taking one look at the Hawk. What were you thinking?

3) A lot of lessons are being learned here, some of them by ED, hopefully, but more so by the 23 pages of ill informed posters.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) I honestly can’t believe anyone pr-epurchased the P-40 after taking one look at the Hawk. What were you thinking?

Exactly this.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This!!! :thumbup: Also I can't understand, how anyone can blame ED for the scrap VEAO produced.

Edited by norbot

A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

This!!! :thumbup: Also I can't understand, how anyone can blame ED for the scrap VEAO produced.

Because the scrap VEAO produced is sold in the store of ED. If you have a store and sell scrap, you can't say "Hey, I'm not the one who produces that scrap, I only sell it" when people come to complain.

Because the scrap VEAO produced is sold in the store of ED. If you have a store and sell scrap, you can't say "Hey, I'm not the one who produces that scrap, I only sell it" when people come to complain.

So if you buy a Windows licence at lets say amazon and after an update your OS won't work, you're going to blame amazon? :doh:

A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

So if you buy a Windows licence at lets say amazon and after an update your OS won't work, you're going to blame amazon? :doh:

That's not a similar situation. But let's go with it: if that Windows license sold by Amazon would only work on a certain PC made by Amazon and was specifically sold for that PC only made by Amazon, then yes, I would blame Amazon.

The funniest thing about this entire situation is that nobody cared about the Hawk. These forums were as dead a door and every now and then, usually the same people, would ask for some news, got nothing, and when there was an update they thanked VEAO for their great work. And now, they have stopped, suddenly everybody cares and wants a refund, blames ED and swears to god they will never buy EA again.

Get over it, ED is trying to make the best of it. They got handed a turd with this entire situation and their own community is blowing that turd up in their face

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

That's not a similar situation. But let's go with it: if that Windows license sold by Amazon would only work on a certain PC made by Amazon and was specifically sold for that PC only made by Amazon, then yes, I would blame Amazon.

Think about a fact. Using DCS World is free. Anybody can download and use it with the free aircraft. Additional modules cost money. So if your module stops working, blame the one who made the module, not the one who offers the environment, in which you use your (now useless) module.

The funniest thing about this entire situation is that nobody cared about the Hawk. These forums were as dead a door and every now and then, usually the same people, would ask for some news, got nothing, and when there was an update they thanked VEAO for their great work. And now, they have stopped, suddenly everybody cares and wants a refund, blames ED and swears to god they will never buy EA again.

Get over it, ED is trying to make the best of it. They got handed a turd with this entire situation and their own community is blowing that turd up in their face

The quality of the module is not relevant for this situation.

While DCS is free, modules, such as Hawk, aren't.

That is correct and I stated the same: "Using DCS World is free. Anybody can download and use it with the free aircraft. Additional modules cost money."

Hahaha...yes that's true, the product was poor to say the leased and nobody really cared about it until it was announced that VEAO were stopping support and development for the product, not that much was developed anyway but yes, it's true, nobody cared before, it was basically forgottenware and forgotten promises.

Mizzy

Edited by Mizzy
Hahaha...yes that's true, the product was poor to say the leased and nobody really cared about it until it was announced that VEAO were stopping support and development for the product, not that much was developed anyway but yes, it's true, nobody cared before, it was basically forgottenware.

Mizzy

That is a load.

People have been clamoring for years about development, or lack there of. To deaf ears. Or ears that cry "they're trying, it isn't easy, they don't make a lot of money". Ridiculous.

After they announced they weren't going to support DCS platform there was outrage. Then the about face and crawing back, claiming "they have an expert on board that will really give the project a level of quality everyone will love, just be patient." Lie.

Then string everyone along with an update here and an update there, so they can sell the P-40 EA, knowing that wasn't going to happen. If it was real why didn't ED get on board and sell it through their sight?

VEAO may not started out as a scam, but that's where it is now. I'll bet if you look at their books, that P-40 money didn't go toward P-40 project, but to pay debt.

Investment to expand good. Investment to survive, bad. That money is gone and their gonna be out there doing to someone else soon enough.

The good news is, we know ED has no plans to protect their market, us, from the same thing happening again. Their policies are there to protect them. Not us. Although they have all the control they need to do so as owners of the platform.

Remember RAZBAM has the French helping them with stalled project.

Sorry RAZBAM, you got screwed here too.

Flying the Harrier

IYAOYAS

That is a load.

People have been clamoring for years about development, or lack there of. To deaf ears. Or ears that cry "they're trying, it isn't easy, they don't make a lot of money". Ridiculous.

After they announced they weren't going to support DCS platform there was outrage. Then the about face and crawing back, claiming "they have an expert on board that will really give the project a level of quality everyone will love, just be patient." Lie.

Then string everyone along with an update here and an update there, so they can sell the P-40 EA, knowing that wasn't going to happen. If it was real why didn't ED get on board and sell it through their sight?

VEAO may not started out as a scam, but that's where it is now. I'll bet if you look at their books, that P-40 money didn't go toward P-40 project, but to pay debt.

Investment to expand good. Investment to survive, bad. That money is gone and their gonna be out there doing to someone else soon enough.

The good news is, we know ED has no plans to protect their market, us, from the same thing happening again. Their policies are there to protect them. Not us. Although they have all the control they need to do so as owners of the platform.

Remember RAZBAM has the French helping them with stalled project.

Sorry RAZBAM, you got screwed here too.

Calm down and shut up, it's Christmas :-)

Best regards

Mizzy

I've deleted it.

Carrying on.

Moving forward.

Not looking back.

Grass is always greener

Less heartache.

Less pain.

Less to read.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

My last post in the VEAO section.