Hawk and 2.5.4

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes

[TABLE]Win10 64bit- Asus 970 PRO Gaming/Aura- AMD FX-8350 4.3GHz- MasterLiquid Pro 140- RAM DDR3 16GB 1600MHz- NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB- TM Warthog HOTAS- TM TFRP Rudder- TrackIR 5 TrackClip Pro- 2xSSD + 2xHDD;[/TABLE][TABLE]Lock On FC; FC2; FC3; A-10C; Nevada; Caucasus; Normandia+AP; Persian Gulf; All Campaigns; Ka-50 BS2; P-51D; UH-1H; Mi-8MTV2; F-86F; Combined Arms; C-101; L-39; F-5E; M-2000C; Spitfire LF Mk. IX; AV-8B NA; "Hawk thrown into toilet bowl"; F/A-18C Hornets; Yak-52; Free MB-339A/PAN; DCS F-16C[/TABLE]

Feel bad for the people who purchased it during the fall sale. They’ll get 3-4 months of use out of it before their “rental” expires.

That’s absolutely horrendous! How can existing customers not be allowed to use it, but also not be able to get a refund? What a joke

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

If this is true, then I would like to see an official explanation as to why it wont be usable. Granted, I never fly the thing, but I DID pay money for it. Will there be a refund? Will ED reimburse us for the module?

Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Asus TUF 3080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate / Virpil MongoosT50 | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 10 Pro

Since everyone is bragging about what modules, campaigns and terrain they have, heres my list: ALL OF THEM.

Utley | Yeast | 402 JTF 13 Home 

JTF-13 Recruiting | My wallpaper and skins

That’s absolutely horrendous! How can existing customers not be allowed to use it, but also not be able to get a refund? What a joke

You are allowed to continue to use it. But it will probably only work in DCS 2.5.3 ...

If this is true, then I would like to see an official explanation as to why it wont be usable. Granted, I never fly the thing, but I DID pay money for it. Will there be a refund? Will ED reimburse us for the module?

Official explanation: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225574

Probably due to technical changes, the Hawk will become faulty with DCS 2.5.4. And as there is no developer anymore to fix it, well, it ceases to work.

A. because it requires continous updating to maintain compatability and the people responsible for such are no longer doing so and

B. Because VEAO is out of business and that money is waaaay gone. It is not ED's responsibility to do so, nor would it be in any way wise. Companies go out of business sometimes and shit happens. That's life. You bought something and it bombed. Dust yourself off and move on.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

Question to NineLine to ask ED:

Will the Hawk remain at least an AI aircraft beyond 2.5.3?

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SPECS:

i7-9700K - 64GB RAM

RTX 2070 SUPER - TCL 55" 4K

Corsair K70 RGB + Stream Deck 15/XL - TrackIR 4 Pro

TM Warthog, F-18 Grip w/ Mag Base, and 3 Cougar MFDs w/CH Pro Pedals

Win 10 Pro - 1TB M.2 SSD - Delta Sim TDC

HANGAR:

A-10 AV-8 F-5/14/16/18/86 M-2K P-51 UH-1

FW-190 MiG-15/21 FC3 *Supercarrier* CombatFlite

Channel Nevada Normandy Persian Gulf Syria TACView WWII Assets

wow so we all got shafted.

Either we get stuck on 2.5.3 or we lose what we paid for

Nice job ED

How exactly is VEAO going out of business ED's fault? Your (insert feeling here) should be directed at VEAO, not ED.

I was wondering what kind of assurance is there that any purchases in future won’t be subject to similar risk? What of the people who have only just purchased, if there are any? What if developers who tell you each week that things are trundling along gradually and to give them more time and soon? This isort of thing is not likely to happen every other month but that isn’t really the point. This sort of thing isn’t good for anyone.

This sort of thing isn’t good for anyone.

true

and sad by the way

my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Yx920L1ezoWQkYKCGYB9w

my PC: CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.4 GHz | Asus STRIX GTX 1070 8GB | 32GB 2800 MHz DDR4 | 256 GB SDD SYS + 500 GB SSD DCS + 1 TB HDD | Win10 Pro

my controls: A-10 Warthog Stick + Throttle | Rift CV1 | ViaComPro

my mods: FC3 | AJS-37 | F-14 | F/A-18 | F-16C | F-5E-3 | L-39 | (HAWK) | UH-1 | MiG-21 | Combined Arms | Nevada | Syria | Persian Gulf

I was wondering what kind of assurance is there that any purchases in future won’t be subject to similar risk?

There are no assurances of any such thing. These products require ongoing perpetual maintenance to maintain compatability. Normally, things would not go belly up so quickly and dramatically, I got the impression it took ED by surprise as well. That said, anytime you are dealing with something requiring 'perpetual maintenance' it has a shelf life.

Example every MMO eventually shuts down the servers. You having paid for it is irrelevant, it eventually reaches an End of Life stage. When that happens, you move on.

Similar events occur as Operating Systems change over time, products fall out of compatability. Without someone actively maintaining them, products cease to function. Believe it or not, sooner or later, your entire DCS purchase will be defunct and unusable, just like every other piece of software you own.

That's pretty much how life works. We don't use 8tracks or betamax either, despite having paid for them.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

tenor.gif?itemid=4104229

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, TM TWCS THROTTLE (IMPULSE SLIDER MOD), K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), TM TFRP PEDALS(WITHOUT SPRING) , JETSEAT TURBOJET, DELAN CLIP FUSION

Modules:A10C, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick
I was wondering what kind of assurance is there that any purchases in future won’t be subject to similar risk? What of the people who have only just purchased, if there are any? What if developers who tell you each week that things are trundling along gradually and to give them more time and soon? This isort of thing is not likely to happen every other month but that isn’t really the point. This sort of thing isn’t good for anyone.

One of the other ED chaps (Chizh?) said going forward they'll require the source code and assets for the modules, not just the compiled files, so they can do something if this happens again. So ED are at least putting in steps to mitigate the problem.

Seems as if ED unfortunately haven't got the source or assets from VEAO yet (if they ever do), so are removing it as they can't support it or even be sure it's working.

Edited by Buzzles

silver lining: this opens it up for someone else to come along and build a T-45

T-45 was not an option with veao - saying it would be an entirely new airframe

likelihood? near zero

but we can dream...

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Considering I bought this from the ED web store, is it possible those that bought it through ED can receive a one time lump sum of bonus points that equals the purchase price of the Hawk?

Bonus points that can be used all at once on a new module?

I feel like that would be a good safety net, in case this ever happens again also.

One of the smartest ideas on this forum lately I think...

If indeed it's the use of the Hawk that's discontinued, I hope that's an indication that ED has already put together a plan of action for the Hawk and they have something in store for us :smilewink:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

ED should not be selling this module on their store. That's pretty garbage.

That warning should not be buried on a subpage either should be on the front page. Wonder if it was on there during the winter sale?

Attention! Starting DCS World version 2.5.4 this module will be unavailable! Please use DCS World version 2.5.3 or below!

Wait a tick. I paid for it. I'm not even mad that development ended. That's totally fine but to take away something already paid for. I'm not a typical rage-monkey but I'll make an exception. ****ing refund.

And how is ED responsible? They facilitated the sale and for sure took a cut of the sales money and/or sold Veao a license.

Edited by McShetty

Yeah, but VEAO took the lion's share of the money, blew it, and folded. ED's not responsible for any of that. Or as Zhukov said, sheeeit happens, dust if off and move on.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.