New Stuff for the A-10. TERs, LAU-68

Merc

IguanaKing's weapon mod will be an option in the archive, as well as Shepski's.

They both confirmed me that I could include them.

meinit.xml needs updating with these models anyway because the original bomb placement is totally off.

I'm finishing up the last touches to it and it will get released, nothing big really, the modman pack is made and I'm just finishing up all this.

I just realized you might be putting Shepski's weapons mod in here...this might be an issue to those Su-25T drivers as this caused me a lot of hair pulling a month or so ago, as I had no Su-25T to fly. Double check to make sure this is compatible with 1.12.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized you might be putting Shepski's weapons mod in here...this might be an issue to those Su-25T drivers as this caused me a lot of hair pulling a month or so ago, as I had no Su-25T to fly. Double check to make sure this is compatible with 1.12.

Did you use the 1.12a version of Shepki's mod that was reworked by (504) Wolverine? It's on page four of the weapons mod thread: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?p=210089#post210089

Personally I always just copy the relevant text from the meinit file that has the alterations over to the one I'm using, that way I can keep all of the tweeks I've made to the meinit.xml.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I checked, and they are compatible

And actually the meinit.xml edition needed for the TERs and LAU will be carried on automatically by the modman pack and only to the relevant lines.

(Thanks to a nifty openSource project called xmlstarlet)

So no big meinit.xml incompatibility and manual replacement nightmares here.

Restore will also be automatic when uninstalling.

The hybridified weapon mod (I took IguanaKing's for the A-10 and Shepski's for the russian crates) will be however provided as manual meinit.xml install option as IMHO they are quality products that every lockon pilot should have.

READY TO BETA TEST

Hi all, this is ready to download for testing purposes, please post any bugs here. Thanks a lot.

EDIT : VERSION 2 with corrective attempt to wrong placement for some users :

weaponmodmj9.jpg

Triple Ejector Racks and LAU-68 mod by Nachtwolf

Unzip the archive and read the readme.html file.

• Like 1

Just installed and did some testing. The LAU-68 shows up perfectly with or without the TER. However, when it comes to using bombs with the TER, the locations of the weapons are all the same, as if they all shared the coordinates of the weapon when loaded as a single. So it looks like there's one bomb that directly overlaps the TER. In case that doesn't make any sense, image attached. :)

TER_issues_smaller.thumb.JPG.1ca5e43fdca4b1157ee15c96f427028d.JPG

Just installed and did some testing. The LAU-68 shows up perfectly with or without the TER. However, when it comes to using bombs with the TER, the locations of the weapons are all the same, as if they all shared the coordinates of the weapon when loaded as a single. So it looks like there's one bomb that directly overlaps the TER. In case that doesn't make any sense, image attached. :)

Thats odd Chennuts, i've just been trying this mod out on my PC and i've not experienced this bug :huh:

I figured this wasn't a common issue, but thought it worth introducing to the thread. I do have some other things installed (Walmis' F15 model and weapon pack 2.11, TekaTeka'a tree shader 1.1), but as Merc said his mod would change the required lines in the meinit.xml without buggering up others, I thought I'd introduce my issue to the thread in case it happens to anyone else. It would seem that the weapon coordinate lines didn't get modified or were modified incorrectly. I'm currently tinkering to see if I can figure out the underlying cause.

Well, crap! I was in the process of reinstalling. If I recreate the problem when I activate your add-on again, I will absolutely send those files your way. Once I've reinstalled and patched to 1.12b, I planned to install your add-on only to verify that it worked, then uninstall it. I'd then install Walmis' F15 Model and weapons followed by TekaTeka's tree shaders, then once again activate your add-on to see if I could re-create the issue.

I have the same problem. I'll look into it in more detail tomorrow but I did have to adjust the new CFT tanks for Walmis's F15 because they were out of alignment as well. Maybe some systems just screw up the alignment when installing. :dunno:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I'm sure it's something simple, but as for a system just screwing things up arbitrarily, I can't leave it at that. I'm an engineer! :-p There's surely a reason why some installations have issues and others do not. Let's look for a common denominator here.

My fresh installation: 1.0 + 1.1 English CD from NaturalPoint + 1.12b just downloaded from lockon.ru.

Previous installation: 1.0 + 1.1 English CD from NaturalPoint + 1.12a from lockon.ru.

It is my understanding that 1.12a and 1.12b are identical, but 1.12b has Vista compatible Starforce libraries, so they should both have the same result. However, the web downloaded versions and patches are apparently different from the CD versions, and perhaps some of the CD versions are indeed different from each other. What does your installation consist of, Cosmonaut? Maybe we have something in common. While we're at it, I may as well ask what everyone's installation consists of, both those who have this add-on working and those who do not.

I seem to be having the same problem as everyone else.

I love the idea of the mod, just want to get it right. I a betting it is a minor detail or something missing in the meint.xml file, hopefully it can be fixed easily! This mod is really good though!

Note that both the mk-20s and the mk-82s are the only ones that seem to be causing the problem

I can post my meint if needed

I think I got my finger on it.

You guys have single quotes within the double quotes in the xml for some reason, xml.exe should not understand commands the way I think it did but I'll check. It has to do with my instructions to change the xml.

Are you all who have the problem on vista?

Cause It does use some old school DOS Batch file command line instructions so MS might have broken something during their copy-paste sessions.

EDIT : for details :

Attributes (example Y="-0.618") have extra single quotes into them (Y=" '-0.618' ") making them appear as 0s (basically you have 3 bombs at position 0,0,0 into each other) in the game. As to why it happens only on some computers, I have no idea.

I'm very glad to hear it's fixed :)

For the release order, I didn't try to change that... it dropped like this without my mod too. I'm not too sure in which order they are actually released in real life either.

Well I am almost sure that the bomb on the bottom drops first, that is common sense, I am just wondering if it is capable to change that.