** F-14 Development Update: December 2018 **

Cobra847

Videos!

In more exciting news; this week we’ll be distributing the first outside PR builds to some of our community’s content creators!

This must be happening real soon. Can't wait.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any problems changing frequency. Just turn the knobs and press the "-" button

That never worked for me... but I have to admit that I didn't even try this again since the Hornet's release. Limited my Viggen flights due to the unreadable radar and many unusable (= totally unprecise) weapons it suffered from within that timeframe, so I didn't even bother trying to tune the comms. Looks like they added the functionality already. The other issues have been fixed as well, most recently the radar, even with some major improvements over the old 1.5 functionality. That's what makes this team stand out.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

From all the footage I've seen of other, luckier people flying this DCS: F-14 I've already seen many dozens of hours worth of stuff to learn and practice, most of it appearing totally bug-free. She's ready for early access guys.. Please don't get too caught up making a statement against run-of-the-mill early access practices, the base game your module fits in to is itself going to hamstring it one way or another I'm sure.

There's more value in getting the F-14 out for the holidays than waiting another month or 3 to put in the last few layers of polish.

Agreed. There's plenty to learn enjoy without it being feature complete. But that's not HB's way.

Plus, we don't know what bugs are still around that while not showing up in the videos we've seen, could prove very annoying and good reason not to release yet.

Oh well, a maximum of 94 days to go!

That never worked for me... but I have to admit that I didn't even try this again since the Hornet's release. Limited my Viggen flights due to the unreadable radar and many unusable (= totally unprecise) weapons it suffered from within that timeframe, so I didn't even bother trying to tune the comms. Looks like they added the functionality already. The other issues have been fixed as well, most recently the radar, even with some major improvements over the old 1.5 functionality. That's what makes this team stand out.

I know it was broken but that was a long time ago. It didn't work if you tried it with the mouse but the bindings worked. Now it works fine. Hope you can use it now :)

This is awesome!

What you guys at Heatblur do but don't seem to understand your selves is how good you are at keeping the community up to date and feeling secure, not only with the information you release but also with your products. There is no developer for DCS that I trust more to not only release the modules you create, but also to update them and complete them, never satisfying and staying in "alpha" for years and years.

There are some other modules in DCS I would like to buy but they are made by some devs who never seem to complete the modules, rather starting another one and anohter one and not truly finishing anything which is a shame.

The simple fact that we are getting true and proper updates and fixes to the Viggen alone speaks for your honesty and dedication. Not to mention the quality the Viggen was released with and the over all quality of that module. As a Swede you made a dream come true.

Ps. Had no idea Cobra works out of Helsingborg Sweden, I live in Limhamn some 60km South so might just go up and get him drunk my self in order to get a glimps of the F14 :lol:

Wilbuz

From all the footage I've seen of other, luckier people flying this DCS: F-14 I've already seen many dozens of hours worth of stuff to learn and practice, most of it appearing totally bug-free. She's ready for early access guys.. Please don't get too caught up making a statement against run-of-the-mill early access practices, the base game your module fits in to is itself going to hamstring it one way or another I'm sure.

There's more value in getting the F-14 out for the holidays than waiting another month or 3 to put in the last few layers of polish.

Well put, I totally agree.

A quote from Heatblur's Tomcat December 2018 Update: "In more exciting news; this week we’ll be distributing the first outside PR builds to some of our community’s content creators!

We’re super excited to get a first look into what outsiders think of our F-14 and hope that you’ll enjoy some of the content that will be produced too."

In my opinion we should all be receiving this PR build as an Early Access build, then the above news would also be very exciting news for all F-14 Early Access customers.

I truly support your dedication and ibtentions. I just placed my preorder for the module + shirt. I really wish this product gets you all the success you deserve. Looking forward to it. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I feel for you. Take the time you need. Happy holidays. I am looking forward for your products. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Looks phenomenal guys. Cannot wait to fly it :)

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Ps. Had no idea Cobra works out of Helsingborg Sweden, I live in Limhamn some 60km South so might just go up and get him drunk my self in order to get a glimps of the F14

Wilbuz

Hmmm, i was thinking He is currently in Austria ;)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

So did we get an update for this week or any content from outsiders?

I could not find anything yet. Guess I am just to impatient emoji38.png

You got the "Jester Navigation Entry" Video on YT this week:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Nah man thats just breadcrumbs :P

They never said the weekly updates are huge text/screenshot/video/stream updates, so we have to live with the breadcrumbs :P ;)

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Indeed, it was explicitly stated that last weeks update is most likely the largest text based update prior release.

From the quote I posted before my idea was that there will be tiny weekly updates (like "release still not imminent") regarding the release not related to random module systems.

I could totally understand if they just forgot about it, or who knows maybe they had a breakthrough and surprise us in a few days :helpsmilie:

No, I intend to update you via text. This weeks' will be very short and to the point however: Release is not yet imminent. We're still mostly working on the items detailed in this thread OP.

We are however, working on a slew of interesting videos to kick off our more in-depth coverage. This will keep us busy over Christmas.

Thanks for the patience everyone!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Xou know you should take your deserved time off and spend that with your families over the holidays, don't you? fsgrin.png

While I’m not saying that they shouldn’t take time off, you do realise that a large majority of people and myself included have to work throughout Christmas, while obviously having couple days off for the Christmas weekend but back to it once the new year begins. It’s not like HB are going to be working on Christmas Day and Newyears eve. I think people are forgetting that, while they’re developing things for our enjoyment, they’re also a business whom needs to require an income for its employees. So that means meeting their own deadlines to bring in that income. I’m sure they know what they’re doing when it comes to work hours and days off.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

The very line in your post that says "...(more accurately if we want to) release" really bothers me.

You say when, but then emphasize MORE ACCURATELY IF WE WANT TO

This really bothers me and I know question pre-purchasing the module. I half-way want my money back now.

I read that line a few times to make sure I'm not mis-reading it, but I don't know any other way to interpret "if we want to". Maybe clarify that for me?

The very line in your post that says "...(more accurately if we want to) release" really bothers me.

This really bothers me and I know question pre-purchasing the module. I half-way want my money back now.

I read that line a few times to make sure I'm not mis-reading it, but I don't know any other way to interpret "if we want to". Maybe clarify that for me?

I think you're over thinking it. Here's the way *I* read it. The quality of the product is a function of how much they are wiling to work on it. They can keep working on it for 15 years and it will be perfect, I'm sure. At some point, the software has to ship, even if, it has bugs. So they are saying that when they feel that it's good enough, they'll release it.

Just for reference, MS-DOS 5.0 is the *ONLY* operating system to never ship a dot release. Every software in the last 20 years has had bugs. It's just the way it is.

So to recap: They are saying that they will ship it when they feel the quality is representative of their commitment to quality, or if it's March 21st. Which ever comes first.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You’re over-thinking it. “If we want to” in the sense if they feel it’s ready. NOT “if we want to” in the sense of closing shop and keeping people’s money. Heatblur’s track record of support and communication with the Viggen is pretty solid, and I’ve seen absolutely no red flags to warrant being worried about the F-14 being released. They’ve put the mark on the wall of no later than March 2019, preview copies have gone out to YouTube channels, and everything seems to be looking good for them to meet the March 2019 goal.

Edited by Tread_Head57

While I’m not saying that they shouldn’t take time off, you do realise that a large majority of people and myself included have to work throughout Christmas, while obviously having couple days off for the Christmas weekend but back to it once the new year begins. It’s not like HB are going to be working on Christmas Day and Newyears eve. I think people are forgetting that, while they’re developing things for our enjoyment, they’re also a business whom needs to require an income for its employees. So that means meeting their own deadlines to bring in that income. I’m sure they know what the3y’re doing when it comes to work hours and days off.

Cobra clearly said they'd be working at Christmas. Having have to work even at these days is often encountered in the western world though and no good at all for the individual. I've been there as well and I know how much it sucks. Neoliberalistic capitalism doesn't know holidays for quite some people, but if you want to insist in your rights, you can start looking for a new job. That's a problem, however, which none of the HB guys have. I can wait 3 days more or less for a commercial product.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg