F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did that with the AV-8B, that was my logic at least. I think the F-18 came out on May 31, and if I’m calculating right that would have been a Thursday, so still not a patch day.

Either way, my guess is just that, I have no idea lol

the Hornet released May 30th during the Wednesday open beta patch.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

the Hornet released May 30th during the Wednesday open beta patch.

Fair enough, I stand corrected, thanks for the info :)

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

IIRC the Yak-52 came with a friday hotfix though rainbowdashwink.png

few and far between. A large big deal module like this, will be a Wednesday.

Even the Mig-19 was supposed to release today, on a Wednesday.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

With this being such a big deal module and given the work still needed to be done, coming into Feb and still haven't even seen the RIO put (other than a snapshot of artwork). So my guess is that is will break ED OB protocol HB will take / need all of the time, and release will be 3/20 (which is also a Wednesday)

they said manual before release and I think startup video before too and we haven't heared from them in a while, I guess we'll get an announcement very soon, my gut feeling says this week but since they had to postpone the Mig19, I think they'll release the Mig first and announce the F14 release date afterwards. I'd say Febraury 14th, spread the love.

There is no way the Tomcat will be released before March 20th. February is a shorter month and they still have a lot to do. So yeah, March 20th 2019 is the release date in my book.

On January 20th, they said this...

More than anything, we’re looking forward to stopping your suffering and finally releasing. This will give us a chance to breathe (and live!) a little while we set out on our EA to Release roadmap.

In summary; we’re at the height of our release push now and we’re working literally night and day. Release candidate 1 is just around the corner. We know it’s been a long wait- so thanks for sticking with us.

To me, the "height of our release push" and "Release Candidate 1 is just around the corner" shouldn't mean a March 20th release date.

Controlling expectations is well and good, but at this point, we're looking at, analyzing and taking apart every little bit of information we get. If this doesn't come in the first half of February I'll be miffed.

To me, the "height of our release push" and "Release Candidate 1 is just around the corner" shouldn't mean a March 20th release date.

Controlling expectations is well and good, but at this point, we're looking at, analyzing and taking apart every little bit of information we get. If this doesn't come in the first half of February I'll be miffed.

It wouldn't be the first time we've heard positive noises like that before though. If you're hoping for Feb, I'd expect to be miffed! We've not even seen any RIO game-play yet remember.

It wouldn't be the first time we've heard positive noises like that before though. If you're hoping for Feb, I'd expect to be miffed! We've not even seen any RIO game-play yet remember.

yup.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Cobra previously said he'd give people "plenty of warning" so they would have a chance to both wait until the EA date is known, and pre-purchase. To my mind, "plenty of warning" would mean a month or so, which takes us to March... Still, I hope you're right and I'll be one dude who will be happy to have been barking up the wrong tree!

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Well 'plenty' is a pretty vague term again. What is plenty? You say a month, others might think a week is plenty time to pre-purchase. Who knows... ;)

More telling was them saying "we are using the time we still have..." which makes me think they'll keep finetuning til their time window closes.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

My hunch is that we are not going to see the manual or a lot more video content before there is a release of the first candidate. I think they simply will not have the time and rather than piss everyone off and make the community more anxious than it already is, I don't think they will hold the release up any longer than they absolutely have to.

I think people saying March 20th is a way to curb the disappointment if it doesn't get released sooner than that.

In other words, set a modest expectation .

I mean, that's certainly a small part of it, but mostly it's because I actually expect a March 20th release. And they'll only release it then because they're more or less required to (they're not though). I bet come the second week of March if they had the option to push it another 30-60 days they'd jump on it. I don't say this to be negative, I just think they're perfectionists, possibly to a fault. I have no doubt that we could've had a "pretty good" F-14 (say, RAZBAM level) two years ago, but from the looks of things we're going to be getting an extremely ambitious study sim instead. They just need to feel comfortable letting their baby leave the nest.

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Well 'plenty' is a pretty vague term again. What is plenty? You say a month, others might think a week is plenty time to pre-purchase. Who knows... ;)

More telling was them saying "we are using the time we still have..." which makes me think they'll keep finetuning til their time window closes.

"Plenty" is indeed a vague term. FTR I went back and found the post, his phrasing was "ample time", although I don't think that changes the meaning, since that's a pretty vague term too.

Given he's talking about the opportunity to buy, I couldn't see it would be less than a month given a lot of people still get paid monthly, but like I said, I hope I'm wrong because I'd rather see it sooner :)

Edited by Horns
Standardize language choice

This is not a thread hijack, but just a small question inbetween I didn't want to start a new topic for;

I've seen a few videos (all I could find at least) of the EA by ralfidude and jabbers, but I haven't seen any a/g footage yet. Did I miss something, or is this still wip?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH