Slew AGM-65F

Good solution.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Folks,

just updated and tested the new slew function on the MAV F. Although it worked perfectly by mapping the TDC depress to another button, im now missing one so i was happy to hear about the new "feature".

However, i have severe Problems with actually locking the target now. The Mav refuses to go into break lock mode. Only after pressing the TDC it will do so. Furthermore, i am only able to lock the taget when pressing the TDC while the cursor is over the target. Apart from the fact that the cursor moves a bit every time i do that, mostly away from the target, it does not work reliably. Eventually, after the 20th try it has a solid lock. Sometimes after pressing the TDC, the cursor snaps onto the target, like it did before the update but without a lock.

It never behaved like this before. It used to snap onto the target with a solid lock when within the crosshair. Did i miss something? Happy if someone could test this.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Howdy Folks,

just updated and tested the new slew function on the MAV F. Although it worked perfectly by mapping the TDC depress to another button, im now missing one so i was happy to hear about the new "feature".

However, i have severe Problems with actually locking the target now. The Mav refuses to go into break lock mode. Only after pressing the TDC it will do so. Furthermore, i am only able to lock the taget when pressing the TDC while the cursor is over the target. Apart from the fact that the cursor moves a bit every time i do that, mostly away from the target, it does not work reliably. Eventually, after the 20th try it has a solid lock. Sometimes after pressing the TDC, the cursor snaps onto the target, like it did before the update but without a lock.

It never behaved like this before. It used to snap onto the target with a solid lock when within the crosshair. Did i miss something? Happy if someone could test this.

I can't get it to lock at all after many times.

Using either WH Throttle or VKB Joystick.

Edited by Catseye

Warthog with a modded TDC button is the answer.

Agreed, hence why I'm planning to mod mine. The Warthog's shipped TDC is just absolutely horrendeous. The Warthog is a great HOTAS with exception to the stiction and TDC issues.

Corsair 500D SE|Corsair AX1600i|Windows 11 Pro 64Bit|Intel i9-12900K 3.2Ghz@stock|Gigabyte Master Z690|Corsair H150i Elite Capellix|Gigabyte Vision RTX 3090| 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR5 5600Mhz|Alienware 34 AW3418W Display|Track IR 4 Pro|Logitech 7.1 G930|Samsung Evo 970 NVMe TB SSD|Slaw RX Viper Pedals|Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| F/A18-C Grip|HP Reverb 2|Logitech Lightspeed 502|Logitech Z906 5.1

I'd make sure you guys have enough of a deadzone on the mini stick axes, Wags said it will only lock after being released for 1 second, if the sim still sees any little jitter in the axes it will probably prevent a lock. I may be way off base here since I'm still at work and have yet to try it.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I'd make sure you guys have enough of a deadzone on the mini stick axes, Wags said it will only lock after being released for 1 second, if the sim still sees any little jitter in the axes it will probably prevent a lock. I may be way off base here since I'm still at work and have yet to try it.

Makes no difference wide or none.

I'm guessing a different version between what WAGS demonstrated and what was put into the download. It has happened before. :)

In the current beta version the realistic option actually works easier for me, I am using the Hotas Warthog, assigning a TDC down to a button on the stick, and the movement of the cross hair to a hat button on my Hotas Warthog throttle. However, I agree that today's patch is not the same version as what Wags used in his recent video.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

Just tried it as well. Can slew now but wont lock anything:(

ALienware aurora R7, Windows 10 home 64 bit, i7-8700, RTX2080ti, 32 GB Ram, 2TB SATA hard drive, 250 GB M2 SSD, 500GB SATA SSD, Warthog Hotas, Thrustmaster tpr pedals, jet seat, BenQ SW2500PT, Oculus rift S

In the current beta version the realistic option actually works easier for me, I am using the Hotas Warthog, assigning a TDC down to a button on the stick, and the movement of the cross hair to a hat button on my Hotas Warthog throttle. However, I agree that today's patch is not the same version as what Wags used in his recent video.

Similar . . . I've been using Target Script - assigning my slew with a press/release of the TDC included in the script assigning the slew to the china hat.

I found that I have to press the TDC down button once a target is in the crosshairs. This completely defeats the purpose for me since pressing the TDC down invariably leads to the maverick slewing off-target. At least on my throttle unit it is very difficult to press the TDC down without moving one of the axis. So I still need a separate biding for the TDC-down action.

Yeah, it definitely will not lock on it's own when "realistic slew" is unchecked. Disappointing :(

Track attached.

mav slew.trk

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

My Hornet in VR works like WAGS video each time . . no issues locking targets . . .I've even tried moving targets . . works per his video.

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

"Realistic TDC Slew" unchecked in the F-18 special menu. Can confirm that the Maverick F's do not auto lock after holding over a target for a second. I've got to press Throttle Designator Depress to lock a target however, I DO LOVE not having to hold down the depress to slew anymore with this new simplistic mav mode. Not using VR btw. -HOLIDAY

Holiday Signature One.png

Η Ο L Ι D Λ Υ™ P R O D U C T I O N S  Y O U T U B E
I9-9900K @5ghz | EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra | 32Gb GDDR4 @3600mhz | 2Tb Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2