Slew AGM-65F

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a strange problem with my AGM-65F slew. I slew the TDC control with the little stick axis on my T16000 left-hand throttle. The TDC won't go straightly up/down or right/left. It's tilted. For example, when I try to slew left, it goes down left instead of straightly left. The radar doesn't have this issue.

I had the same issue on T1600 throttle.

Simply add some dead zone 5-10% to TDC axies. :thumbup:

AGM-65F Slew Not Working with Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS

First, I did a quick search for this and didn't seem to find anything. I want to first see if this is a known issue before providing tracks/logs/system specs etc. I will provide that once I find out this has not been previously reported.

I do have the Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS, and when I try to slew (with TDC depressed), the sensor doesn't go anywhere I point it. It's like it has a mind of it's own and is completely ignoring the direction I am inputting.

For reference, I am using this sensor to slew:

5VTmMuk.png

It has a depress function, so it is set as TDC in my profile.

Is this previously reported? Is this known? If not, I'll start providing all the data needed to figure this out.

Also, the sensor slews perfectly fine for using the radar and other slew functions when the TDC is not depressed.

Look here, being of the same manufacturer maybe suffers from the same problem

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720837&postcount=101

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde

Look here, being of the same manufacturer maybe suffers from the same problem

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720837&postcount=101

ilarson007 I use the same tm throttle twcs, and I had the same initial issue. This issue is fixed by setting a little deadzone for the TDC slew : I use 10. It doesn't affect the radar slew that still works the same after setting deadzone.

Thanks guys, I'll try this and then reply back with results.

AGM-65F Maverick - when is TDC press-to-slew being made optional?

Before the holidays, Wags indicated that the Warthog TDC controls are not able to handle a press and slew simultaneously. Furthermore, for those of us that don't have that luxury, we need to press one button on the HOTAS and slew with other controls, which is not the preference of alot of us.

So there was going to be work done to make this optional (in the Special options tab for Hornet?). It sounded like there was some hope it would have made it into the previous build, but I assume they ran out of dev/test time, so I was optimistic that it would have made into the 1/16/2019 build, but it wasn't included in this release.

Is this still on the short-list to be completed? If not, I'll revisit my HOTAS bindings, but if it is still going to happen, I'm going to stick with what I have right now.

thanks,

Zyll

AGM-65F Slew control

Hi gents,

From the latest change log, it is mentioned that the AGM65F slew has been fixed ???

But still unable to slew properly for target designation using Warthog throttle grip TDC.. Anyone for a helping hand would be highly appreciated.. :thumbup:

"TDC press for slew" option missing??

Hi, although TDC slew with the warthog has been improved, it still being impossible for me to correctly use the tdc slew while pressing the nipple button at the same time with the Mavs...its better than before but still unusable.

Testing this key combination in the "device analyzer" proves that as soon as I move the mini-stick to anywhere beyond mid way from the extremes of the exes, the pressing stops working no matter how hard I press de button :( ...but even if that weren't the case, the mini-stick is soooo sensitive (even adjusting the curves) that having any meaningful control over it while pressing is just utopic. Its already difficult to use by itself so increasing the difficulty any more by having to press at the same time the nipple isnt a good idea even if its how it works in the real life.

So I wonder if we are going to have that option, I really hope so, but since no info was given in the last patch I would like to have some insight about it and if it is still planed.

thanks!!

Take a look at my MODS here

Have you you tried Wags recommended method of using another button on your hotas as depress while slewing around with the ministick if this helps

My Thrustmaster master TWCS throttle did not have the issues with the patch before the latest, but I personally did not find depressing the ministick and slewing it around at the same time quite well so I am using the depress button on the A2A weapon selection buttons on my warthog flight stick as my push down(depress) and use the ministick on the throttle to slew.

Way smoother for me.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I just assigned a different button on the joystick for the "press", and slew with the tdc slew as always. works great but eats a button. I use the tdc slew press for my uncage

I use “joystick gremlin” to make a virtual press and then assign it to the same button I use for a modifier. This button will now work as a modifier and as a tdc press at the same time. I’d done the same for aircraft with 2 stage triggers so my modifier works as stage one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They honestly need to just remove the need to press down on the TDC to slew. It serves zero purpose as far as I can tell. If you put in a dead zone (as I'm sure most of us do), it's not going anywhere unless you are intentionally moving the TDC, so no need to press at the same time.

They honestly need to just remove the need to press down on the TDC to slew. It serves zero purpose as far as I can tell. If you put in a dead zone (as I'm sure most of us do), it's not going anywhere unless you are intentionally moving the TDC, so no need to press at the same time.

Correct :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Can somebody help me out here? Ive read this thread front to back and I still dont know how Im unable to slew my maverick around. My flow chart is this:

master arm on -> a/g -> mavg 2x -> sensor select mav screen SOI -> uncage -> TDC slew (unable to slew). I have the TDC mapped to both my nipple button and index finger coolie hat on my throttle, neither works. I can use it to slew the radar cursor when I select that for the SOI, but not the maverick.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Ok, nvm, problem solved...

For those who missed it like I did, I watched a few more tutorials online and Im hard of hearing. BUT...

Master Arm On --> A/G --> MAVF 2x --> Sensor Select MAVF screen SOI --> Depress and hold the TDC button AND use your slew buttons to move the target designator. Why is it like this?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

I adjusted WH throttle TDC axes to Saturation Y = 45, Curve = 20. Assigned slew button press to a stick button. Works fine. Breaks conformance with a real WH HOTAS, but heck this is a PC sim.

I'm not a real F/A-18C pilot, but I play one on my PC.

I would be soooo happy.

6D80k38.jpg