OT:looking for something new

I seen it..Ill get it tomorrow morning. :D

I'll play you soon then, I ordered my copy on Amazon on Friday, will take a while to download the patches though, I have over 700MB to get up to the current version and i don't have a connection near as good as what you're getting :(

Is this a full game?? AAND...will it work with redviper?

Yes it is, it installs over a standard F4 installation, you can have both RV and OF on your PC and use switcher like pro-utilities to switch between the 2 mods. Open Falcon is far more complex than all the other versions of Falcon. It features realistic data link, Manual radio tuning with Ingame Voice communications and data cartridge for mission planning and for setting up profiles for mfds and EWS. The data link allows the passing of ground targets, mark points,cursor position, air targets and also you can add extra flights/packages to the data link. Also allows for 6 aim 120s to be launched at 6 targets at once.:thumbup:. Study is required to master this mod but its worth it and can easily be played online using Rapace launcher. Quite a few online Squadrons have switched to OF or added OF to their main sims that they use.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Can any of these falcon mods be used with falcon 4AF? or just he original falcon4?

What do the Mods do?

As far as I know only RV can install over F4AF, Open Falcon requires the original F4 sim installed.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

RV is meant for the original F4, not F4:AF. It will "work" with AF but not the best way to go since it wasn't tested for it, you may pork up something small that you won't notice so don't do it, install over the original falcon. Both OF and RV are for the original falcon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can get Armed Assault at the same link I provided.

EDIT: in case your lazy; http://www.direct2drive.com/2/4000/product/Buy-ArmA:-Armed-Assault---Combat-Operations-Download

That's where i got mine also, good bandwidth there. I got 550k/s so only took hour and a half or so.

Too bad i couldnt find a patch to 1.08 server that fast. lol I waited longer for the patch than the 2+gig game. :cry:

Just dont get it for the planes. Thats one sad excuse for an A-10. Where the hell did they get the A-10 sound anyways LOL. The choppers are a blast even if they are simple. Either way im hooked on the game.

Where you guys usually playing at? I'm on suicde squads evo server most of the time. We all need to hook up with graywo1fs squad and get some games going.

Can try this, but i dunno if it will work.

It's obviously for multiplayer cache, but it seemed to work for my random crashes as well.

But yes deff install the patch, that will probably do it.

MP Crash? Try deleting the following folder of information, you might have some corrupt MP Cache:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data and then delete the folder named ArmA

I didn't see an Arma folder in there.

If there's not an ArmA folder in your My Documents folder IK, then you'll definately have a problem. That's where the default player config file is held.

Now I can't say for certain that that is your problem or merely a symptom of your problem, and I'm sure you've tried this already but try reinstalling the game. Alternatively the best idea I can suggest is to go trawl the troubleshooting section on the BIS forums. In amongst the unusually high level of bitching and moaning you see over there, you will actually occasionally find some useful info!!

Here's a link for you if you've not been there before:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi

Hope you get it sorted.

Sorry mate: I'm half asleep at the moment, I didn't read Maciver's post properly.

The folder in apps data folder AFAIK is soley a cache for MP missions (AFAIK those that are downloaded from a server), I doubt that will prevent the game actually starting since obviously if you haven't actually started the game you won't have been online.

Hope I didn't confuse things for you. I promise to get a pair of glasses soon!! :doh:

As far as the location of you My Documents folder, I have no idea if that could cause an issue, I would imagine it's possible. Might be worth asking about that on their forums and see what the response is.

I found one actually, it just wasn't in the /local settings/application data folder, it was just in the plain old "my documents" folder. I deleted it and it didn't help. I wonder if maybe my remapping the "my documents" folder to a different location (one of my virtual drives) has somehow confused the game. Maybe it knows where to put it, but doesn't know where to find it when I run the game.

Thanks for the link. I have seen lots of posts over there about this, but so far, no solutions. I'll try recovering those files from the recycle bin and move them to the location Maciver mentioned.

Thanks again Jester! :D

The AmrA folder in the My Doc folder is your default profile so don't mess with that. When you create a new name then you'll see another folder called ArmA Other Profiles which will contain the folder for your new profile and its also the place you would put your custom face.jpg file.

I ran some searches on the Bi forums and found this:http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=68;t=64662;hl=start+up+screen

Probably wont help but you never know.

Also I had a thought that maybe it was the flash in the opening ArmA intro that was causing you problems so I asked on the Bi boards how you would disable this and here's the reply: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=64;t=64896

Basically right click the ArmA shortcut then click properties and in the "Target" section add -nosplash -world=empty at the end, so:

Change this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe"

To this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -world=empty

Worth a try..:noexpression:

Here's a place to get some pre-made custom faces but personally I use a template and make my own: http://armed-assault.de/galerie/customfaces/

I have a bunch of templates, like over 50, but I just cant find them for download anywhere .. arrg I'll put them up for download later today and link to it here..

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

http://armed-assault.net/news/bloodomens-arma-face-pack-v1.html

http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=191&pid=6528&mode=threaded&show=&st=&

Found a couple of download links for all the Face templates; just remember that you have to keep them under 60kb if you want them to work online.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If it won't start at all IK, I dunno if new drivers will help you.

The handle leak issue effects in game performance but (AFAIK) it doesn't stop the game actually starting.

Try starting ArmA in windowed mode (I think you need to add

"-windowed" (without the inverted commas) to the end of your shortcut target line in the same manner you tried the "nosplash" option.

Have task manager running at the same time and see if there's anything showing up as being wrong. Also note the time and check your Event Viewer logs for any errors occurring at that time.

EDIT: Also have you tried adding "-maxmem=512" to the end of the shortcut target line? This limits the ammount of RAM ArmA tries to use and quite a few people have had success getting around various problems by using it.

Thanks again for all the help, guys. I tried the "nosplash" thingy, and it didn't work either. :( I guess I'm waiting until new drivers come out for my ATI cards. I just don't get it, all of the other games on my machine work just fine. So...I'm hoping Cat 7.6 does something miraculous.

Thinkin' a registry fubar. Did you have it on your machine before? You might also try another download (or whatever) and delete any possible registry entries for this game.

Downloading ArmA now and all its doing is pissing me off on how bad Comcast pissed me off today. Instead of paying 45 bucks for 3tf down, I have to pay 130 a month for 65mbps. Im seriously going to have someones ass.

I have tried all of the great suggestions you guys have made, including downloading a brand new copy of it...still no joy. I guess I'll try making a post on the B.I. forums, but so far it doesn't appear that they are all that helpful to the other guys having this same problem. :cry: I've been contemplating doing a reformat/reinstall of Windows XP, but there's really nothing else to justify doing that...everything else works on my machine. :doh:

Thanks again to all who have tried to help. :D

If you do decide to reinstall windows then try an older graphics card driver before you format .. :noexpression:

I hope you can get this sorted out.:cry:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]