How to build an Hangar

I like the inside a lot, having workstations and tools and things is great. My only criticism is that the outside texture is a bit bland from the screenshot at the bottom of that thread you linked but the lighting makes it appear to be a single block of colour.

nice man! :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Very cool... It reminds me of my permant duty station back at 2nd. Marine Air Wing / MCAS / Cherry Point NC...

Thanks I'm going to try it out...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I just wanted to bump this up since this 3d model is awesome, nice work Tomcatz. Here's a few screens: (its big enough to house a Tu-160!)

ScreenShot_006Large.jpg

ScreenShot_003Large.jpg

ScreenShot_002Large.jpg

ScreenShot_009Large.jpg

Hope you don't mind tomcatz that i changed the texture a little, i replaced the german flag with a russian flag with a little "wave" effect that i thought looked nice. And i replaced the words on top of the hanger with my own. But i do have one request tomcatz, is it possible to make a version 2 of this mod and make it so that the hanger is solid, so if you hit it, you would actually be damaged rather than the plane going straight through the walls?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello KungFu,

of corse you can everytime take new skins on the model- and your skins looks great. It makes me realy happy when other friends work with my models i had build.:thumbup:

Thank you for your screenshoots- very cool

CU and best wishes

TOMCATZ

• Like 1

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

hey tomcatz, thanks for the comments. I know this is a long shot but is it possible to add lights within the hanger and it would illuminate during night times? I remember someone tried to create lamp post but had no success with it, i was wondering if you found a way to make that work.

As for the other members on this forum, if anyone create new textures for the hanger, please share them. I will upload the russian flag and the aircraft maintenence sign up shorty after i get back from work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just wanted to bump this up since this 3d model is awesome, nice work Tomcatz. Here's a few screens: (its big enough to house a Tu-160!)

ScreenShot_006Large.jpg

ScreenShot_003Large.jpg

ScreenShot_002Large.jpg

ScreenShot_009Large.jpg

Hope you don't mind tomcatz that i changed the texture a little, i replaced the german flag with a russian flag with a little "wave" effect that i thought looked nice. And i replaced the words on top of the hanger with my own. But i do have one request tomcatz, is it possible to make a version 2 of this mod and make it so that the hanger is solid, so if you hit it, you would actually be damaged rather than the plane going straight through the walls?

Super: Have you noticed any significant FPS increase with the Hanger? Thanks for any info.Cheers

no signficant increase or decrease in FPS with the hanger, the hanger replaced the old command center model which looks like a small bunker with an tower sticking out of it, compared those two, i think the new hanger has more poly so it might have a small impact on fps for older machines. Other than that, its great. Very roomy haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no signficant increase or decrease in FPS with the hanger, the hanger replaced the old command center model which looks like a small bunker with an tower sticking out of it, compared those two, i think the new hanger has more poly so it might have a small impact on fps for older machines. Other than that, its great. Very roomy haha.

Don't build damage model, a little tight in the turns. Ha Ha. Great Job. Like to get your Aircraft Maintenace sign, I have the U.S. flag but no wave. Eagle holding two flags.Cheers. Oh and Excellent work by the original skinners and modders. This sim gets better every day. Wish ED would let some of you work the code, instead of robbing other objects. Oh well one can wish. Sim is still improving thanks to you guys. Keep up the very good work.

As promised, this is the link to the 2 textures i made for this mod. One is the Russian flag and the other is the Aircraft Maintenance sign, just extract it and throw it into the temptexture folder and replace. If you don't like it, just backup tomcatz texture. =)

http://download.yousendit.com/ADB4B80C6DAC0821

rattler, if you want, i'll make an American flag. I just gotta get a good picture from google or something first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess I am the only one having problem with the model. After replacing the two .lom files, I did successfully see the new hangars in the provided mission, but ONLY in that airbase. If I build a new mission they cannot be found in any airbase anymore.

There's also an effect on my other 3D objects. The 3D models of some buildings and KYS Afterburner cone are exploded. Do the .lom files affect ojects other than the hangar?

I will post some screenshots when I get back to my PC.

But still the new hangars are excellent, really nice addon. :)

The hanger model is a static object, if you are building a mission, you have to place that hanger at the airbase you want to take off of.

Also, i had the opposite effect of what you had- i had a lot of problems on the stock mission that came with the package. One mig-29 was going through the walls, and i had some graphics error when i was on the tarmac, so that's why i made my own file. I recommend you guys to do that same.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is another perfect example of why i have requested on numerous occasions a new modding tool - an object slot creator / editor from ED - for the community

we need to be able to add new items whatever they may be to the Lo game engine / mission editor imo

-be that ship / plane / vehicle / building whatever - its a travesty to have to remove game engine built items - in order to add in a new object - it defeats the whole purpose of 3d modding , we want to enhance and add additional objects - NOT have to remove ED created game object items

I am so fed up of saying this and no one listens -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ED tune you radar into this request , and give it some serous consideration , and see what you can do for us all to add new object slots into the LO game engine - thankyou in advance )

The hangar etc , and the pics are all very nice btw BRAVO !! :-)

Roger :-)

Yea we all know and feel the same way. Hopefully black shark will have a lot more empty slots but i dunno if they have to assign some specific 3d arguments into it or whatever. So it might be a little tricky on their half.

Anyway, thanks for the comments about the screens. Imagine how good it will look if it had your new Tu-160 in it ;)

This is another perfect example of why i have requested on numerous occasions a new modding tool - an object slot creator / editor from ED - for the community

we need to be able to add new items whatever they may be to the Lo game engine / mission editor imo

-be that ship / plane / vehicle / building whatever - its a travesty to have to remove game engine built items - in order to add in a new object - it defeats the whole purpose of 3d modding , we want to enhance and add additional objects - NOT have to remove ED created game object items

I am so fed up of saying this and no one listens -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ED tune you radar into this request , and give it some serous consideration , and see what you can do for us all to add new object slots into the LO game engine - thankyou in advance )

The hangar etc , and the pics are all very nice btw BRAVO !! :-)

Roger :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is such a tool. It doesn't do all you requested but it would work for that hangar.

It's the CLSID/GUID generator. I simply generates a classID that you can then insert in your meinit.xml to add static objects.

It only works with static objects, and making groups of existing objects. Because those have no associated behavior (like shooting).

I didn't try it but it is said to work.

http://www.lockon-models.com/index.php?showtopic=23&hl=clsid

And I agree an extended version for all sorts of objects would be quite nice. But the game engine has to allow it, only ED knows...

As promised, this is the link to the 2 textures i made for this mod. One is the Russian flag and the other is the Aircraft Maintenance sign, just extract it and throw it into the temptexture folder and replace. If you don't like it, just backup tomcatz texture. =)

http://download.yousendit.com/589782DE11C89CCF

rattler, if you want, i'll make an American flag. I just gotta get a good picture from google or something first.

That would be great Super. I would really appreciate that. Getting your sign now.Cheers.

Re the new TU160 , its here safe , saved , i am still awaiting the community - so god knows ?

anyway - only ED knows , thats exactly my point - can ED clarify , if a tool , can or will ever exist , and is it possible to add an infinite number of new 3d objects into the game engine by the community - or is this just a dream , and its only possible to replace or swap out existing objects ??????

can we have a defininate answer please ?

Re the new TU160 , its here safe , saved , i am still awaiting the community - so god knows ?

anyway - only ED knows , thats exactly my point - can ED clarify , if a tool , can or will ever exist , and is it possible to add an infinite number of new 3d objects into the game engine by the community - or is this just a dream , and its only possible to replace or swap out existing objects ??????

can we have a defininate answer please ?

You can add a new static object by editing appropriate *.sht file, make the entry in the meinit.xml and identify it with a custom generated CLSID.

You cannot add a new active object for the simple reason that such an object needs to have its behaviour pattern defined in the source code - the question here is not just about extra "slots" but about extra code :) .

For static objects no extra code is required as the game simply places the 3D model on the map according to the directions set by the user in the in-game Editor. For active objects a fixed CLSID is linked to a particular piece of code in the lockon.exe that tells the game what to do with it.

So it will never be possible to add infinitive number of new active objects to the game without the development of a rather extensive SDK - it might be possible for ED to add a fixed number of extra "default slots" to each category of objects in the .exe and then provide external lua scripts for the "end user" to modify parameters according to the specifics of desired new entry.

But this is all speculation on my part - as of now there is no way you can add a new active object to Lock-on. Since the title as such is a "dying beast" I doubt this will change, but I have no idea about what level of "moddability" ED has in store for future products.

JJ