Jump to content

THE SERPENTS HEAD F18C CAMPAIGN


Badger633
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/21/2021 at 4:31 AM, pete_auau said:

you need  to  get  to the  base  as  fast  as  you can 🙂

Yes I flew full afterburner...As I wrote I managed it behind Kutaisi (8+nm). Next time I try to drop the ordnance as well. BTW I checked the Tacview, and the Hawk shooted just one rocket. Whish me more luck for the next time 🙂 
BTW Here is my attempts to track the target. Am I doing it in the right way or it's really just a bug? There are bookmark at the timeline. 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RoGaR said:

Yes I flew full afterburner...As I wrote I managed it behind Kutaisi (8+nm). Next time I try to drop the ordnance as well. BTW I checked the Tacview, and the Hawk shooted just one rocket. Whish me more luck for the next time 🙂 
BTW Here is my attempts to track the target. Am I doing it in the right way or it's really just a bug? There are bookmark at the timeline. 

  

What version of DCS are you using? Just set it up in the latest open beta and the SAMs shot all the Migs down. I am aware there was a DCS bug at some time where they only shot one down that's why I ask if you are playing DCS stable. The TGP lock should work once again maybe a DCS bug as not a campaign scripting issue . Have not tried it yet but will check out in latest open beta and let you know.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Badger633 said:

What version of DCS are you using? Just set it up in the latest open beta and the SAMs shot all the Migs down. I am aware there was a DCS bug at some time where they only shot one down that's why I ask if you are playing DCS stable. The TGP lock should work once again maybe a DCS bug as not a campaign scripting issue . Have not tried it yet but will check out in latest open beta and let you know.

Badger633

I play latest OB. As you can see in the second video, the litening pod works more like an ATFLIR. It came with latest OB.
Here I attached my Tacview file 🙂 I will give it to another try today. I would like to know how the TGP and the A/G radar track cooperates 🙂 

Tacview-20210520-215610-DCS-Mission 10 Camp 2 SC.zip.acmi

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I managed the last mission as well  🥳 the A/G radar is able to track in GMTmode  and follow this infomation to the TGP. You just have to be aware, when you lost track (radar limitations). I worst case you have to maunualy lasing for the last few seconds. Thank you @Badger633 That was a great campaign 🙂  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RoGaR said:

So I managed the last mission as well  🥳 the A/G radar is able to track in GMTmode  and follow this infomation to the TGP. You just have to be aware, when you lost track (radar limitations). I worst case you have to maunualy lasing for the last few seconds. Thank you @Badger633 That was a great campaign 🙂  

Glad you enjoyed. The tracking should not be that hard, tried it myself. Have passed your video on. Apparently the  TGP moving track issue is a bug which has been sorted in house so I assume will come out in a future update. You did well to beat the mission without the moving track working properly.

My new campaign’Rise of the Persian Lion ‘ is with ED and hopefully will be released soon. It follows on from the last campaign and Lieutenant Scott Rivers, ‘Ford’, and  his wingman head off to the USS Abraham Lincoln in the Gulf. It as 15 missions, knee boards, briefs, personalised skins, over a thousand actor voice overs. It also has mission by pass facility if desperate and also an easy A2A refuel version 

 

Badger633

  • Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, Badger633 said:

Glad you enjoyed. The tracking should not be that hard, tried it myself. Have passed your video on. Apparently the  TGP moving track issue is a bug which has been sorted in house so I assume will come out in a future update. You did well to beat the mission without the moving track working properly.

My new campaign’Rise of the Persian Lion ‘ is with ED and hopefully will be released soon. It follows on from the last campaign and Lieutenant Scott Rivers, ‘Ford’, and  his wingman head off to the USS Abraham Lincoln in the Gulf. It as 15 missions, knee boards, briefs, personalised skins, over a thousand actor voice overs. It also has mission by pass facility if desperate and also an easy A2A refuel version 

 

Badger633

 

👍

Very anxiously awaiting Rise of the Persian Lion.

Don B

 

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dburne said:

 

👍

Very anxiously awaiting Rise of the Persian Lion.

All done and submitted. In the lap of the gods now, or to put it another way with ED. Hopefully soon. 🙂

  • Like 2

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hey @Badger633,

 

Passing some time here and am doing another playthrough of The Serpents Head original 6 mission campaign, Supercarrier version.

I seem to be having some difficulty in Mission 6 I do not recall having before.

I take out the dome with two Mk 83's and then get the call to take out some vehicles with the Mavs.

However whilst communicating the 9 line I get a mission fail every time - before can even finish the 9 line comms.

I will have another try but it has done this to me twice in a row now.

 

Can you please check this for me?

 


Edited by dburne

Don B

 

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never mind, third time was the charm. Not sure what happened those first two attempts but it worked as it should on the third.

 

Don B

 

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...