Pilot loses consciousness after missile hit.

NeMoGas

Why does the pilot lose consciousness after being hit by a missile sometimes? I will be well below 10k and sometimes after a missile hit I can still fly but will black out. The effect is the same effect used to represent hypoxia, but the onset is within like 5 seconds of the hit. There have been times where my aircraft is still air worthy but my pilot decides to hold his breath until he passes out.

Indeed, a dead pilot is often the outcome of missile hits. Short of a device for propelling red-hot fragments of titanium into a gamer's body on their desktop to provide a more realistic simulation, it's the best ED can do given their resources.:music_whistling: :music_whistling:

I understand pilots can be killed like that. I have it happen all the time in the 18 where the screen just goes to a 3rd person view of me spinning in. But in this case it looks like the hypoxia effect and your screen gets blurry and fades to black. One time I even kept flying and heard my RWR go off in the black screen and was hit again. Then all of a sudden my vision was back and I ejected. So clearly I was not dead. Also I have many other mods and none of them do this.

I guess we need a mask on/off then because this last time I was hit the airplane was fully capable of flying home if I had not blacked out.

Edited by NeMoGas