what bombes does the B17 use

Toto

Hello.

I am trying to make a mission with a trigger so that when the B17's bombs hit the ground there is a nice realistic explosion with smoke and fire for a while and then burn out.

Right now using my triggers in the mission editor, and action set to EXPLOSION!! all I seem to be able to do is..... punch holes in the dirt and if there is unit in the way that gets hit by a bomb that's a bonus. I am using the AM64D bombs in the B17' s

Is there any way I can make this a little more spectacular eg can a person use a different bomb that still keeps the scene realistic but a little more colorful?

Please any suggestions here would be most helpful. Thanks :)

These are related to placing scenery items on a carrier deck. Not sure if it works with the smoke effects but if it does, you'd place the effect, check "link unit" and select a boat, then check "offset fixation and move the effect somewhere along the ship's hull.

Provided it is indeed functional, you should now have a smoke effect that remains in the same position relative to a moving ship.

Not particularly helpful for what Toto was asking but...

giphy.gif

I have a MOOSE script that creates a SET of statics in a destruction zone and explodes them in a timed fashion when triggered by passing bombers. Will also trigger BIG SMOKE.

I suspect BIG SMOKE LINK UNIT and OFFSET FIXATION attach the smoke to a moving unit like a ship, but have not tested it.