What a waste... lol

If you look at it in a positiv way, this game might recruit people into the sim-world. If people try this game and think it's kind of cool they might want to step into "the real world" ;)

After all that's the way I got into this world playing F/A-18 Interceptor on my Amiga 15 years ago

Oдин

If you look at it in a positiv way, this game might recruit people into the sim-world. If people try this game and think it's kind of cool they might want to step into "the real world" ;)

After all that's the way I got into this world playing F/A-18 Interceptor on my Amiga 15 years ago

F/A-18 Interceptor was out in 1988. You're older than you think you are buddy! :megalol:

Stuff like this is great for our community. If 1% of those that play this want to move up to something more technical and challenging.. We'll see them buying LockOn/Flaming Cliffs. That would make a huge impact to the existing online community.

I certainly agree... I think that this really can't hurt the genera... If anything it should help support our hobby.. After the initial impact of aerial combat people that will be looking for more realism .. Its sort of like preschool.... :lol:

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Seriously guys, I find some of your comments rather offensive. The average Xbox users IQ is 4? Jesus...no wonder this genre is so small if it's full off pretentious gits who look down on anyone else who cannot sit down for 3 hours at a time and learn 50+ keyboard commands.

I can't understand why anything that isn't a sim gets shot to peices on this forum...

• Like 1

It's kind of like the Falcon guys saying the same thing about Lock On, people who are crapped on tend to crap on "lowers" because it makes them generally feel better.

I cant wait for Ace Combat 6, and I'm a die-hard Lock On and Falcon user.

topGraphic.gif

Seriously guys, I find some of your comments rather offensive. The average Xbox users IQ is 4? Jesus...no wonder this genre is so small if it's full off pretentious gits who look down on anyone else who cannot sit down for 3 hours at a time and learn 50+ keyboard commands.

I can't understand why anything that isn't a sim gets shot to peices on this forum...

Ok Jake.... relax

What I meant in starting this mainly is that it's a waste of nice aerial textures, models, explosions etc...

This i wont back down on though... the narration's in the previous games are nearly sickening

But on what terms do you base that it's a 'waste'? Thousands of people are going to play this. Does that sound like a waste? :P

I'm totally relaxed about the whole thing! :) I just wish people wouldn't turn their noses up at games that are trying to be arcadey and enjoyable just because they don't have an accurate FM or HUD. It's the same as when BF2 is mentioned here or any of the other major FPS's, everyone's very quick to jump on the 'bashing bandwagon' and put down the 'lesser genres' :( I enjoy them, it doesn't make me a stupid person, just someone who doesn't nesecarily have the time or will to play a flight sim as avidly as some of the folks here. :D

Now if it said on the front page "Brand new Xbox360 Flight Sim then I'd atleast understand the groundings of your argument! :)

However, the narration is going to be crap. But then again who plays a flight arcade game for the story? :P

Let's face it. Thing that everyone's drooling over in AC6 is the graphics. I'm sure gameplay will be fun and exciting too but it's not something that'll replace LOMAC for most of us.

So... why can't LOMAC implement such graphics? Xbox isn't any more powerful than some of the latest PC hardwares... it's not even close. BS screenshots are great and I've seen a lot of great models by users. In fact, AC6 models are not any better than those models. But it's the lighting and terrain textures that makes AC6 so spectacular. HDR lighting will be a must.

Graphic wise, I wish ED would focus on the environment and lighting more than the aircraft and vehicles in the future. Maybe it's too late for BS but for after BS... if there will be another expansion. Because that's what we'll be looking at most of the time... earth and sky. Not my own aircraft or that dot that's supposed to be T80.

It's very, very, very, very pretty. The Ace Combat 6 environment is easily the best of any air combat sim or game I've seen - the battles seem something like Star Wars meets the USAF. The combat in AC6 is a dream come true - I would love to get dirty and participate in such large scale environments.

A sky full of contrails, missile tails, tracers and burning planes are a huge turn-on for some reason.

ace-combat-6-fires-of-liberation-20070615053155540.jpg

sigzk5.jpg

Take a chill pill mate I was joking, being funny maybe not? Well I own an xbox (not a 360 though) and I'm the first to admit I'm thick.........

Yaaaaa Yaaaa

Ice is on track, we need more "Active" people.

AND

Like Ive said B 4.

They, ED needs to take the offencive and JUST RELEASE BLACK SHARK with all of the OBVIOUS UPGRADING.

You know its funny alot of you guys are really inteligent and know a good amount of De-classified information about fighter jet stuff,so why do I feel offended and insulted when I need to call out "BLUE TEAM ECM OFF" so I can IFF.

Some of us are, and I will speak for 98% of you,:mad: hate having our intelectual and cognative reasoning skills insulted every time we hit hyperloby.

ITS GETTING OLD RELEASE THE BLOODY GAME WITH THE THE :mad:CORRECT "KNOWN" MODELING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 REPUTATION Come on guys wheres the S!

Sega's Afterburner was it for me. Only available at arcade I believe. Lots of quarters wasted.

[ATTACH]11348[/ATTACH]

Played that game when I was 10 years old...although it was another simulator for me...cant remember what it was called, but it was the first game released as close to realistic as possible...ie a plane moving through a landscape on a cd rom..bombing ships in harbor and then burning through the desert destroying radar sites. Think some of you know what game I am talking about.

Xbox was not expected to hold a realistic SIM because its a console and is not capable of harbouring anything too sophisticated within its small amount of RAM and hard drive, not to mention limited keys at hand, so what else is wrong with it?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Wow, that looks great.

About the flight sim community, I think its more of a marketing issue.

You should see how many people go to the Ubi lobby, but have no idea about flaming cliffs. Before, it was just Ubi not marketing.

Now I think though since most flight sims are producing their own, they need to be more aggressive approaching the gaming magazines.

I don't care what people play, so long as they have fun. If it brings more people to lock on or flight sims as a whole, great! And i will say this, if i had a 360, I'd definitely get it. while it's unrealistic, it looks great and will satisfy my common periods of depression when i feel the need to blow something up.

sadly.. I'm not getting the 360.. the Wii instead..... :unsure:

I think we should just let the 2 worlds co-exist... what do you say? ;)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Take a chill pill mate I was joking, being funny maybe not? Well I own an xbox (not a 360 though) and I'm the first to admit I'm thick.........

Read my second post :) I'm as cool as a cucumber.

And you're speaking for yourself there :megalol:

Ven, Lomacs graphics are great considering the amount of 'background' stuff it is modelling. You have radar, flight models etc etc all being constantly computed in the background as well as all the physical models and graphics.

AC6 doesn't have to put up with such intensive background tasks so has more resources to spend on graphics (thank god!) If Lomac had graphics like this AND all its FM's modelled etc etc you'd need 3 NASA super computers to run it :megalol:

It's games like these that attract people to the flight sim genre. When I first started out with Driving games I thought need for speed was good. Then when I discovered simulations that were much more intricate I found myself gravitating more towards them, now I only really play non simulations on my Xbox360 which is what I'll be doing when AC6 is released :)

Don't forget the fun factor folks.

Read my second post :) I'm as cool as a cucumber.

And you're speaking for yourself there :megalol:

Ven, Lomacs graphics are great considering the amount of 'background' stuff it is modelling. You have radar, flight models etc etc all being constantly computed in the background as well as all the physical models and graphics.

AC6 doesn't have to put up with such intensive background tasks so has more resources to spend on graphics (thank god!) If Lomac had graphics like this AND all its FM's modelled etc etc you'd need 3 NASA super computers to run it :megalol:

Not true. Graphics are handled by GPU and avionics/physics/radar are handled by CPU. And latest GPU and CPU are much more powerful than what's in Xbox 360. 8800GTX are said to be at least twice as fast as Xbox graphic card.

Right now, LOMAC doesn't make use of my 8800GTX to its full potential. But it does however tax my CPU to the max. Which means there's plenty of room to improve the graphics.

And it's also about how the graphic power is used. In LOMAC, I feel there are needless amount of emphasis put on individual vehicles and not enough in the environment. The biggest reason why AC6 graphics look so spectacular is HDR (High Dynamic Range) lighting. The sharp raytraced shadow combined with soft diffused look of HDR is what gives the realistic look. If you look at their models, they're not any more detailed than LOMAC's models.

• Like 1

Well I for sure can't run Lomacs graphics on full :) And my computer isn't that bad.

Probably because not all "graphics option" in LOMAC are graphic card related. Visibility range for example is more of CPU than GPU.

Judging by when LOMAC graphic engine was written, it probably doesn't even use latest features in DirectX efficiently. And I understand the problem too. Upgrading to HDR lighting means recreating graphic engine which is no small task. That's why it's just my wish. But current PC hardwares are capable of AC6 quality graphics (even with all the physics and radars) if the engine is written for it.

Like Ive said B 4.

They, ED needs to take the offencive and JUST RELEASE BLACK SHARK with all of the OBVIOUS UPGRADING.

ITS GETTING OLD RELEASE THE BLOODY GAME WITH THE THE :mad:CORRECT "KNOWN" MODELING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 REPUTATION Come on guys wheres the S!

No.

sigzk5.jpg