[A-4E Mod]-Mod: RWR

• 3 weeks later...

Great mod for the A-4E mod, Nero.ger! :thumbup:

With it I have a chance against the SA-2. Never knew when the radar detected me or a missile had been launched at me before. With the RWR-mod I can drop chaff and fly evasive maneuvers. Even managed to kill the SA-2 now.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Great mod for the A-4E mod, Nero.ger! :thumbup:

With it I have a chance against the SA-2. Never knew when the radar detected me or a missile had been launched at me before. With the RWR-mod I can drop chaff and fly evasive maneuvers. Even managed to kill the SA-2 now.

Same here! I've been able to go SA-2 hunting now. A great mod!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I started working on a tactic and have tested it a handful of times successfully using Shrikes. It does help if you know where the site is, but on thinking of that problem just now I think I have a solution to that as well. Here's how I have been working it.

Higher altitude, like 20K. Pair of strikers in loose deuce formation. Once the SAM is launched they go opposite direction, the guy on the left puts the missile on his 2, the guy on the right puts it on his 10. Nose down slightly to pick up speed for maneuvering. It's immediately apparent who the radar is tracking, so that guy focuses on defeating the missile(s) launched at him, the other guy can turn back in and put a Shrike in the radar operator's ear.

So far it seems to me that the radars lock up the closest target. If the missile shot comes from the element's beam then the closest guy can make sure the missiles are in fact going for him, and the free guy can roll and put his nose right on the radar site and get a Shrike off. Haven't tried this yet but I think it would work.

~Rob

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Nero.ger! Are you planning to publish newer versions of the RWR mod or will they already be integrated into the next A-4E-C updates?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

the A4E will contain this mod in its next update :)

awesome, thank you!:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Excellent,and thanks for your top work Nero thumbsup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home